Poll: Would you be willing to Unlock LFR as described in this post if Blizz implemented it?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Sure, doing a quest line that gave some lore and history behind the next raid would be pretty fun and enjoyable, so long as it stayed true to the idea of what LFR is. Maybe throw a Scenario or two in there as well to flesh out some more of the storyline as well. It just needs to be designed that a solo-player can complete it without needing a pre-formed, organized group, and really shouldn't take more than a few hours at the most.

Thus why I don't see how you think having to do Challenge Modes for a difficulty mode designed to be done by more casual raiders is a good idea outside of the standard "Let's make it so "Baddies" and people I don't think deserve to see Raids can't do it".
    Last edited by Bladesyphon; 2012-11-15 at 04:36 PM.

I wish there was a long complicated quest line to be able to see Jaylocks posts or anyone else that refers to other players as 'baddies'.

You don't lock easy content behind hard content. You lock harder content behind hard content. If they were going to lock anything behind challenge modes, which they are not, as the fact that all the rewards are cosmetic would tend to imply, it would be heroic raids. Not LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    LoL at all the No replies. Basically saying you would not do LFR, gimmie a break. All you No's would definitely do the quest chain and get into LFR. I think you voted No out of some sheer sense of pride and haughtiness, and because you just want to disagree with me.
    Oh no, if I had to do challenge dungeons I would not try to unlock LFR. I don't like raiding enough. When I do LFR, it is mostly a chore. Add the challenge dungeons and it outweighs the reward to run LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hated attunements, why would I want the same thing for something that gives even less reward and more failure

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    Sounds very nice. The tears of the whiners would be delicious
    Don't get me started :P I'm already mouthwatering... Oh the thought of all those tears ^^

No really though, there is alrdy a ilvl bar you have to meet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Normal raid requirements:
    be revered with all the Panda factions
    have an ilevel of 476 or higher,
    AND you have to have completed the LFR raids

Heroic raid requirements:
    be exalted with all the Panda factions,
    have an ilevel of 489 or higher
    AND have completed the normal raids.

And, the LFR, Normal, Heroic all share the same lockouts... so you can only do one of them per week.
    This, this, this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayshan View Post
    Don't get me started :P I'm already mouthwatering... Oh the thought of all those tears ^^

No really though, there is alrdy a ilvl bar you have to meet.
    I dont believe you people.

Dont you find an ilvl requirement just plain boring? Grindy, dull, and anticipating is what i say.

10+ Year Old Account

Dont you find an ilvl requirement just plain boring? Grindy, dull, and anticipating is what i say.
    In order to get the item level requirement you need to do Heroics, and they give you some lore behind the raids.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

I don't think that requiring Challenge Modes to do LFR is a good idea. They're arguably harder than LFR by a large margin, and the purpose of LFR is to make the raid content and experience available to "all" players.

The ilvl requirement does serve as a "gate" of sorts, and requires the player to do heroic dungeons and/or daily quests in order to unlock LFR.

However, I'd certainly be on board with a reasonable-length quest chain that required some moderately difficult soloing or other performance of mechanics and reinforced the lore behind the raid as an account-wide "attunement."

hey jaylock do u like your challenge modes watered down or nerfed to the ground?

coz that's why will happen to them if they are required to enter lfr

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    In order to get the item level requirement you need to do Heroics, and they give you some lore behind the raids.
    Wrong. They dont give you lore. Its: run in, kill stuff, grab loot, leave.

If you had an epic quest chain that had you do several things before the quest to enter the heroic / challenge mode, it would actually give you meaning as to why you are in that dungeon in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. I would like this. It would gate a lot of players who simply queue in all PvP gear with no PvE knowledge. Thus, LFR would be a more legitimate experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    hey jaylock do u like your challenge modes watered down or nerfed to the ground?

coz that's why will happen to them if they are required to enter lfr
    You see, this argument is nill because any group of 5 people can complete a challenge mode. Wether it takes that group 15 minutes or an hour, it still can be completed.

If you had an epic quest chain that had you do several things before the quest to enter the heroic / challenge mode, it would actually give you meaning as to why you are in that dungeon in the first place.
    Quests are interact with the NPC with an ! over their head. Head to where the quest tracking system wants me to go. Kill stuff or collect stuff or interact with another NPC. Collect reward, done.

There is not meaning, nothing.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 04:18 PM ----------

You see, this argument is nill because any group of 5 people can complete a challenge mode. Wether it takes that group 15 minutes or an hour, it still can be completed.
    Any group of 5 people could complete the first Cata Heroics. Either in 15 min or a couple of hours. Did you saw what happened? They got nerfed to the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might be for you. Guess you've forgotten Halls of Lightning/Halls of Stone, Grim Batol/End Time instances, and so on.

It's called doing the quests in the zone before the instance in that zone.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

If any group of five people could clear a challenge mode in under an hour, challenge modes would have a random queue.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I would do that

You could get the kara key on normal mode and you could easily pug the instances, that's not the case with challenge modes.

However, I do think attunements could be reintroduced to the game and be meaningful again. The two main problems was that it made raiding with alts very difficult and that it was hard to recruit for top guilds since you didn't really want to have to re-attune people, but with account-wide things and just allowing the attunement to be doable in LFR/LFD it could add some flavor and more lore and reason for being in that raid instance without really blocking people out.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I gotta ask, didn't they take out attunment type bullshit, now you want to bring it back? Seriously?

But, ok... I'll roll with this... on the condition that in order to get into normal raids you have to meet the following criteria:

Normal raid requirements:
    be revered with all the Panda factions
    have an ilevel of 476 or higher,
    AND you have to have completed the LFR raids

Heroic raid requirements:
    be exalted with all the Panda factions,
    have an ilevel of 489 or higher
    AND have completed the normal raids.

And, the LFR, Normal, Heroic all share the same lockouts... so you can only do one of them per week.
    ilvl requirements are stupid imo and so i whould not like your model.

nor do i like having to do the content on retard mode (LFR) be4 being let in on the harder difficulties. (its been annoying enough to having to do normal mode be4 being allowed into heroic mode in firelands and dragonsoul, your model whould make it even worse).

The rep requirements.. well sure but on the condition that the dailys change from dailys to repeatable. so a guild wanting to progress could hasten their attunement. (else this requirement is just another gating system wich i personally think suck )