View Poll Results: Are you happy with wows graphics?

Voters
608. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

250 41.12%
  • No

66 10.86%
  • No, but its not enuff for me to ever quit over.

115 18.91%
  • Yes, I like them more then most newer mmos.

177 29.11%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    I used it as an example of how the game could support the concept. Darkness is a powerful tool and should be used for nights and certain areas to create a more immersive game world.

Personally I find the examples to be fittingly dark for the nighttime, but I can understand that for most people that would simple be too much. Frankly just about anything is better than the current way of giving everything a blue hue and possibly changing the skybox and leaving it at that.
    There is a big difference between "dark" and "holy crap i cant see anything". Sure, wow could stand to get a bit darker during the night, but nowhere near that extreme. Even in current WoW, when it gets dark, it actually becomes dark enough you can see the dynamic lighting effects from torches, bonfires and the like. A small tweak for a bit more darkness wouldnt be bad, but it doesn't need to go all silent hill on us.

Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    Honestly, I would hate that. Would definitly require a feature to turn that off completely to keep it as it is now, if that were to be added. Dark games just makes me want to log off. Say Skyrim for example... I feel the gameplay is completely amputatet every time day turns into night. It's like I can't do shit when it's dark. It's just awfull in every single way. No, WoW has managed to tune day/night perfectly in my opinion. I like to actually see the enviroment no matter what hour it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    There is a big difference between "dark" and "holy crap i cant see anything". Sure, wow could stand to get a bit darker during the night, but nowhere near that extreme. Even in current WoW, when it gets dark, it actually becomes dark enough you can see the dynamic lighting effects from torches, bonfires and the like. A small tweak for a bit more darkness wouldnt be bad, but it doesn't need to go all silent hill on us.
    I think that a scale to adjust it is the best solution, and I would expect to see one if something like this ever became reality.