Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

#1 Solution to the "Daily" Problem. For Blizz

I posted this on the wow official forums, but I was wondering what you guys thought of this idea as well. Feel free to extend on the idea.

So I've been reading the forums a lot lately and I think it's quite apparent that people are upset with the current daily "issue".

I too myself have become completely burnt out on doing dailies. I leveled every faction in Pandaria to exalted aside from August celestials and I have absolutely no desire to ever do another daily at this point.

So when pondering this issue, that's when I had this idea. It's a solution that's so simple it boggles the mind.

Simply switch the dailies to weeklys, increase the reputation gained x7 per quest... everyone wins.

Here's why:
    Less pressure on the player base to log in each and everyday to do repetitive content yet still produces the same rewards in the same amount of time over the long term. This allows players to manage their time in the game and how it's spent a bit better. Many people have jobs and or other responsibilities that prevents them from logging in each and everyday and these players naturally feel "left behind" Players that feel left behind or overwelmed aren't going to want to play your game as they feel they will never be at or near the top of the pack but I gurantee most could make time to fit the set of dailies in over the course of a week.

I know from a business standpoint you guys earn revenue by keeping people subscribed, but I would venture to say people would stay subscribed more without the pressure and burnout of dailies if they felt they could earn the same rewards over the span of a week instead.

This reason also fits better within the quest structures you guys have created for the lore of the game. You expect me to believe I just swiped out 200 of the mantid forces and they are back again the next day to do the same thing? Psh.

This would also reduce server load and reduce bandwidth, which is apparently an issue as well as you guys have created CRZ to alleviate dead server time. Less players bombarding the servers each and everyday at peak times is a benefit for you guy's I'm sure of it.

I believe most players would still handle this structrure as "dailies" as they would do one faction per day. They would still be doing dailies just with much less effort exerted. There is PLENTY of content in this game from leveling alts, to chasing achivements to chasing transmog gear etc... there's no reason you have given players this daily pressure to "keep up with the jones's". You guys know that people have addictive personalities and will chase dailies each day for minor upgrades. You can still achieve the same result you want (keeping subscribers) by allowing people to manage their time better over the course of a week instead of throwing 40 quests at them per day. You will have a happier playerbase, and will maintain more subscribers this way long term. No one that has 4 hours a day to play this game when they get home (and thats giving too much in most cases) do they want to spend this doing dailies on one character for minor upgrades.

I know now that I've stopped my "daily grind" and I've started chasing other goals in the game it's become 100x more enjoyable than when I was chasing golden lotus / shado pan exalted on a daily basis and I plan on staying a subscriber for a long time.

Weeklys, make the switch.

Input?
    Thanks,
    Imexiel

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with your suggestion is that everyone's schedules are different. Yes, some people, I am one of them, work a full time job. I only usually have time to do one set of daily quests a day during the week. Weekends though, I usually get them all done and do all my raid finder stuff, too. So while your solution would be ideal for me, some people have a lot more free time and wish to play the game every day. Dailies are something for the every day people to do instead of waiting for Tuesday for resets (regular raiding or LFR).

The game's population is very diverse, so your suggestion would not work for everyone. That is why it is not the best solution to the problem. At this point I am not sure what Blizz should/can do about the dailies without making one group or the other upset (the "dailies are required" group and the "I just do them when I feel like it group"). The only thing I can think of that would benefit everyone is making reps account bound, so you only have to get to exalted on them once (my opinion and all that good stuff). This way, people won't feel like they have to do dailies on every toon they want to raise up (you don't, but people want to do everything they can to get their character geared up faster).
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

There doesn't need to be a 'solution'. If you can't play every day, so what? They're not mandatory, you shouldn't feel "left out" because you're not missing anything that's required.

The solution is already in the game, but people just aren't paying attention to it.

Dailies do not need to be done every day. If you want to do them every day, go for it, but you do not need to. A lot of slack has been built into the system to ensure that you can skip a few days every so often (or even an entire week if you like), and you won't fall behind in any significant way.

Exalted is completely optional. Revered is simple to get, and you don't even need to get revered with all factions ASAP due to the weekly valor cap. So long as you hit revered with at least 1 faction every couple of weeks, then you're on target and can't spend your valor points any faster or get geared quicker.

As for the charms, again, you only need to do 45 dailies per week, or ~6-7 per day. That's easy.

The players have forced themselves to do dailies every day. Not Blizzard. Blizzard have built in a lot of clever slack points so that you can skip a few days of dailies and still stay competitive. Or even not do them at all, your choice.

There is no daily problem. There is a community problem where people cannot control themselves and feel forced to do dailies, when the only person forcing them is themselves. THIS problem is why we got less content in prior expansions; because of this exact community backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    There doesn't need to be a 'solution'. If you can't play every day, so what? They're not mandatory, you shouldn't feel "left out" because you're not missing anything that's required.
    It's obvious that people feel this way, otherwise there wouldn't be soo much complaining.

People that desire to have content everyday don't need Dailies to fill this void. There is literally thousands of things to do in this game from chasing mounts, achievements, transmog to running dungeons / LFR / raiding. It's overwelming.

It's a simple solution to fix though, create 1-2 bonus quests that change per day to fill the dailie need that would increase rep by a much smaller amount (maybe allowing for a week cut off the total time to exalted). This would fill that need, but not ruin it for those that can't do a daily quest everyday.

Deleted
    In reply to the OP, my initial question is why he took reputations all the way to exalted. You only need revered to have access all the VP gear. Therefore I assume he wanted exalted because he was after the mounts and other ‘nice-to-haves’. And tbh, if you want those, I actually encourage Blizzard to change nothing: if you want the mounts you will have to work for them.

In my opinion, if anything should change, Blizzard should arrange the VP gear that you can get gear for all slots at reputation honored (spread out over different factions) for say ilvl 470 and another set of gear for all slots at reputation revered (also spread out over different factions) at ilvl 476. And hell, they could even add yet another set of gear at ilvl 483 at exalted if they would want. The advantage of this is that people “only” need honored to buy VP gear already, and then can choose for themselves if they have the time and the inclination to continue to revered and/or exalted.

In short: there should be a full set of VP-gear at both honored and revered (and perhaps even another at exalted) with increasing ilvl.
    Then players are much more free to choose for themselves how many dailies they want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ThackerSS View Post
    It's obvious that people feel this way, otherwise there wouldn't be soo much complaining.
    Then stop? How many Blue posts and tweets will it take before people get it through their heads that the system wasn't designed with "DO IT EVERY DAY, YOU MUST" in mind?

People that desire to have content everyday don't need Dailies to fill this void. There is literally thousands of things to do in this game from chasing mounts, achievements, transmog to running dungeons / LFR / raiding. It's overwelming.
    You're missing the point of the dailies; they allow people to achieve gear at a longer pace who don't have time/commitment for raiding. If you wanna gear up but you're kind of a solo player, tadah, dailies.

Deleted
    One thing I've noticed is alot of people complain they don't like to have to do things like dailies but they also then complain on various forums on a daily basis.
    Instead of spending time complaining you could finish some dailies, just a thought.

Deleted
    Or how about you get everything exalted and mailbox full of epics when you ding 90? What's the point of rewards you don't have to even work for.

I havnt done my dailies (in the sense that doing all the factions and All the dailies, ive done 1 or 2 then realised i couldnt be bothered) since week 2. After i farmed up about 3 weeks worth of Charms, i got over the dailies. Most of the VP gear i got from the vendors was replaced quickly in Normals and LFR, and as a tank im not exactly scratching to get all the VP gear i can, my healers are capable in both blues and epics and still do a good enough job.

I really dont understand the outcry of people saying they Have to do them, if you knew your class and what buttons to press, you can get away with decent output in blues and lfr items.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    I've to agree, there's a difference between requirement/mandatory and desired. You have almost two years to get your factions to exalted, most offer nothing besides a mount and a tabard at that reputation state. Just push for honored/reverded and let it go. Either pick one faction after that point to keep your bonus rolls or just alternate between all of them if you don't have a favorite one.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't a "problem" there are players with no sense, If you don't want to do the dailys all the time then don't lol, i really want to be exalted with Shado-pan/Cloud serpent peeps i'm revered with Shado-pan but haven't even started the Cloud peoples quests, Why? Because this expac has just started, and rushing to do everything to only get burnt out and then complain i've nothing to do is pointless imo

Noone is "forced" to do them, Do them if you want to do, If you want to get the rewards then bloody well work for them! If you don't feel like doing dailys, don't, this is just a game you're supposed to play it for fun, not like it's a job=)

Deleted
    Before this change:
    "ffs blizz dailies are like workin. they b mandatory. aint got nobody time for dat. stupid retards at blizz givin me chores. i cant do dailys and be competetetif"

After these changes:
    "wtf blizz, old system was good. so i need to do em every week now?? rtards classic wow without changes was better. mop kills wow i quit"

VP gear is supposed to help you progress when RNG hates you on a specific slot. Yet there is a incredible gap between the JP threshold (458) and the VP+rep reward structure (489). I'm shocked that Bizz didn't put reputation free VP reward at intermediate level, allowing people who don't grind their rep to dump their VP gains on some slots. 476 ilvl gear available with VP (on slots not filled by professions) would help.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyni View Post
    VP gear is supposed to help you progress when RNG hates you on a specific slot. Yet there is a incredible gap between the JP threshold (458) and the VP+rep reward structure (489). I'm shocked that Bizz didn't put reputation free VP reward at intermediate level, allowing people who don't grind their rep to dump their VP gains on some slots. 476 ilvl gear available with VP (on slots not filled by professions) would help.
    They basically have. There's some slots which are honored instead of revered, and honored is attained incredibly easily by simply questing through the relevant zone.

Then you get a few crafted items, run a few heroics, get the ilevel for LFR and there you go. You're done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    Before this change:
    "ffs blizz dailies are like workin. they b mandatory. aint got nobody time for dat. stupid retards at blizz givin me chores. i cant do dailys and be competetetif"

After these changes:
    "wtf blizz, old system was good. so i need to do em every week now?? rtards classic wow without changes was better. mop kills wow i quit"
    This is exactly what I see happening if the daily system changes at all.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Before this change:

After these changes:
    Yep, that sounds about right to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Before this change:

After these changes:
    This very much, I personally think there nothing wrong with dailies. I pick a time for them and do them than if something comes up I move them down the list.

"Don't fix something that isn't broken"
    Last edited by Arbs; 2012-11-14 at 11:15 AM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    I would much prefer I didn't have to do tedious, trivial content at all to better myself as a raider, but I would be willing to compromise to this.
    Good idea, I would support it!

15+ Year Old Account
    Before this change:

After these changes:
    It is impossible for the second scenario to take place. Literally impossible. Nobody is that daft, period. A more realistic possible complaint would be about the income of gold being reduced if you can only do the dailies once per week. A vast majority of people earn their gold by doing dailies and not playing the auction house or farming mats for crafts, etc.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill