Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Enhancement help

    Hey guys, I've realized as I start to get more gear that maybe I have no idea what the hell I'm doing as a shaman. I've played moonkin and warrior in the past, usually as a top dps know-it-all player. Now I started playing my enhancement shaman which I love playing and I've realized...I think I'm doing something wrong, so maybe I can get some help here.

    I'm just not pulling the DPS I believe I should be, maybe you guys can find a problem
    Here's my WoL
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1kj23wk9tgyn4kiv/
    Here's my armory
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hordray/simple

    Maybe it's something simple like trying having higher uptime on flame shock, or glyph change or something, maybe I'm reforged wrong, I don't know. Hopefully you guys can help me out a bit.

    Edit: It's mostly on Windlord I noticed it. The warrior that is above me has A LOT worse gear than I have...seems like I should be ahead of him.

  2. #2
    Alright.

    Glyph of fire elemental is a dps loss in 90% of fights.
    Bad gem in shoulders.
    Weapons should switch places. Better weapon in mainhand.
    Wrong enchant on bracers.


    Other than that i think it's just a question of managing your rotations. Windlord is a difficult fight to meassure dps, but from looking at damage done on only windlord you have no lighting shield damage done.. That should be in top 3-4 atleast (usually first on single target fights). Did you forget lightning shield. Are you prioritizing UE above everything else? go to elitistjerks and refresh your knowledge a bit.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Drkblade View Post
    Hey guys, I've realized as I start to get more gear that maybe I have no idea what the hell I'm doing as a shaman. I've played moonkin and warrior in the past, usually as a top dps know-it-all player. Now I started playing my enhancement shaman which I love playing and I've realized...I think I'm doing something wrong, so maybe I can get some help here.

    I'm just not pulling the DPS I believe I should be, maybe you guys can find a problem
    Here's my WoL
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1kj23wk9tgyn4kiv/
    Here's my armory
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hordray/simple

    Maybe it's something simple like trying having higher uptime on flame shock, or glyph change or something, maybe I'm reforged wrong, I don't know. Hopefully you guys can help me out a bit.

    Edit: It's mostly on Windlord I noticed it. The warrior that is above me has A LOT worse gear than I have...seems like I should be ahead of him.
    Your shaman has some pretty decent gear. The only thing is, you don't always have to meet your socket bonuses. It's more dps if you just gem straight 160 agility, unless the socket bonus is =<60. But, if you were to keep your gems the same and all, you are off on a couple reforges.

    Reforge your gloves from crit to hit.
    Reforge your legs from haste to expertise.
    Reforge your boots from crit to expertise.
    Reforge your Anji's Keepsake ring from haste to mastery.

    And if you're confused about priority at all, I've been trying to learn SimCraft and here is enhancement shaman's priority list.

    actions=wind_shear
    actions+=/bloodlust,if=target.health.pct<25|time>5
    actions+=/auto_attack
    actions+=/use_item,name=hopecrusher_gauntlets
    actions+=/stormlash_totem,if=!active&!buff.stormlash.up&(buff.bloodlust.up|time>=60)
    actions+=/virmens_bite_potion,if=time>60&(pet.primal_fire_elemental.active|pet.greater_fire_elementa l.active|target.time_to_die<=60)
    actions+=/run_action_list,name=single,if=active_enemies=1
    actions+=/run_action_list,name=ae,if=active_enemies>1

    actions.single=elemental_mastery,if=talent.elemental_mastery.enabled&(cooldown.fire_elemen tal_totem.remains=0|cooldown.fire_elemental_totem.remains>70)
    actions.single+=/fire_elemental_totem,if=!active
    actions.single+=/ascendance,if=cooldown.strike.remains>=3
    actions.single+=/searing_totem,if=!totem.fire.active
    actions.single+=/unleash_elements,if=talent.unleashed_fury.enabled
    actions.single+=/elemental_blast,if=talent.elemental_blast.enabled
    actions.single+=/lightning_bolt,if=buff.maelstrom_weapon.react=5
    actions.single+=/stormblast
    actions.single+=/stormstrike
    actions.single+=/flame_shock,if=buff.unleash_flame.up&!ticking
    actions.single+=/lava_lash
    actions.single+=/unleash_elements
    actions.single+=/lightning_bolt,if=buff.maelstrom_weapon.react>=3&!buff.ascendance.up
    actions.single+=/ancestral_swiftness,if=talent.ancestral_swiftness.enabled&buff.maelstrom_weapon.react<2
    actions.single+=/lightning_bolt,if=buff.ancestral_swiftness.up
    actions.single+=/flame_shock,if=buff.unleash_flame.up&dot.flame_shock.remains<=3
    actions.single+=/earth_shock
    actions.single+=/feral_spirit
    actions.single+=/earth_elemental_totem,if=!active&cooldown.fire_elemental_totem.remains>=50
    actions.single+=/spiritwalkers_grace,moving=1
    actions.single+=/lightning_bolt,if=buff.maelstrom_weapon.react>1&!buff.ascendance.up

    1. open with Fire Elemental Totem
    2. pop Ascendance
    3. use Unleash Elements since you have the Unleashed Fury talent
    4. lightning bolt if you have 5 stacks of Maelstrom
    5. use Stormstrike / Stormblast
    6. use Flame Shock if you have the Unleash Flame buff
    7. Lava Lash
    8. Lightning Bolt with 3 stacks of Maelstrom, and only if you have Ascendance up
    9. Flame Shock with Unleash Flame buff up and >=3 seconds left on Flame Shock
    10. Earth Shock
    11. Feral Spirits
    12. Earth Ele if it's off CD
    13. Lightning Bolt with 1 stack of Maelstrom, only if Ascendance is up

    and weave gloves in and out of your rotation on CD, since you have engineering.

    Hope I helped

  4. #4
    Thanks for the replies, I didn't even notice that I was missing lightning shield for that fight, wow. I know the wrist enchant is wrong at the time there were no better enchants on my server. Nice to know about the fire elemental glyph! I was told the stronger weapon should be in the OH because of LL? Is this not true? (I'll have to beat the person who told me that) I do prio UE above all else so I don't think that's a problem. May I ask why the gem in my shoulders is bad? It's a yellow socket with 60 agi bonus, making it 120 agi and 120 mastery, is 40 agi >120 mastery?

    I have gloves tinker coupled with LL so that it just uses it on CD since I don't have any on use trinkets. I'll change the reforges and try that out. that rotation seems to be right.

  5. #5
    Go to Damage Done on each fight and click the arrow next to your name to see your totem uptimes, because:
    #1 other thing is your Searing Totem uptime needs work. On Feng and Stone Guard you were barely hanging around 40% uptime, when it should be ~85% uptime easy. Learn the range, keep an eye on that timer or free spots in your rotation.

    Also, for fights like Stone Guard (on 10 man at least), I know you apparently can't really hit more than 2 so don't bother with Chain Lightning. You could probably double your damage with Lightning Bolt per hit on one target.

    Edit: Correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't played, but wouldn't it be a waste of Ascendance to cast non-X5 Lightning Bolt instead of autoattacking since it makes your melee nature damage?
    I believe it also actually makes more sense to open up fights with Fire Elemental + Wolves > Unleash > Stormstrike > Then pop Ascendance because it resets your Stormstrike > Flame Shock Lava lash normal rotation blah blah (Not counting MWx5 since it's first few hits)
    Last edited by Confirm Deny; 2012-11-14 at 05:51 PM.

  6. #6
    I know I have a totem problem, I'm working on that. Thanks for the reply. I'll try to get around 85% uptime on it.

  7. #7
    May I ask why the gem in my shoulders is bad? It's a yellow socket with 60 agi bonus, making it 120 agi and 120 mastery, is 40 agi >120 mastery?
    It's a green quality gem

  8. #8
    Whoops. thought it was blue quality

  9. #9
    Stood in the Fire NPSlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    388
    Just a quick tip since I'm tight for time but I'd like to flag the thread to come back later.

    The higher ilevel (and as such higher DPS) weapon should be in your main hand at this moment you have the raid finder quality in MH and regular quality in OH
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Drkblade View Post
    I was told the stronger weapon should be in the OH because of LL? Is this not true? (I'll have to beat the person who told me that)
    This is becomming such a common mistake now and I dont understand why.

    When you start seeing some good numbers and you get your priority in order, look at where your damage is comming from. You will be very surprised where Lava Lash ranks in comparison.
    Coming Soon, New Shaman Class Icon!


  11. #11
    I'll post another WoL tonight and do some comparison myself and see if I can manage to implement your guys tips. Also, what good addons are there for shammys? Maybe something for totems, perhaps weakauras will be able to solve all my problems. (lightning shield, totems, CD's on CD..)

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Riot View Post
    I believe it also actually makes more sense to open up fights with Fire Elemental + Wolves > Unleash > Stormstrike > Then pop Ascendance because it resets your Stormstrike > Flame Shock Lava lash normal rotation blah blah (Not counting MWx5 since it's first few hits)
    This is usually how I open, it sounds most efficient, can someone comment on this?

  13. #13
    Bloodsail Admiral Narna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Backyard. Digging for oil.
    Posts
    1,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Drkblade View Post
    This is usually how I open, it sounds most efficient, can someone comment on this?
    That's how I open too. Fire Elemental + Wolves into Unleash and Storm, then Ascendance etc.etc.etc.
    Troll's Life Mon.
    Nra|Hyah|Kyrei

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Riot View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't played, but wouldn't it be a waste of Ascendance to cast non-X5 Lightning Bolt instead of autoattacking since it makes your melee nature damage?
    Actually in Simulationcraft this line:
    lightning_bolt,if=buff.maelstrom_weapon.react>=3&!buff.ascendance.up
    specifies what you are saying: the "!" before buff.ascendance.up is a negation. So MW3+ LB if ascendance is NOT up.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Drkblade View Post
    This is usually how I open, it sounds most efficient, can someone comment on this?
    I do something like this:
    -5 Spirit Walk
    -3 Feral Spirit
    -1 Fire Elemental / Prepot
    0 Start running to the boss
    0.5 Unleash Elements
    2 FS
    2-3 arrive at boss (Heroism, SL-totem)
    3.5 Stormstrike
    5 Pop Ascendance

    And for addons...weakauras can do it all if you have time to set it up. Try Endus Shaman auras, there should be a good start.


    EDIT: Quick look to your logs... Use Unleash Elements on CD all the time!!
    Last edited by Hyttis; 2012-11-15 at 11:31 AM.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyttis View Post
    I do something like this:
    -5 Spirit Walk
    -3 Feral Spirit
    -1 Fire Elemental / Prepot
    0 Start running to the boss
    0.5 Unleash Elements
    2 FS
    2-3 arrive at boss (Heroism, SL-totem)
    3.5 Stormstrike
    5 Pop Ascendance

    And for addons...weakauras can do it all if you have time to set it up. Try Endus Shaman auras, there should be a good start.


    EDIT: Quick look to your logs... Use Unleash Elements on CD all the time!!
    Really? -3 Feral Spirit? Isn't that technically a loss? Also, I'm the first one to use Stormlash, where in this scenario would it be best to drop it?

    Thanks for the feedback.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Drkblade View Post
    Really? -3 Feral Spirit? Isn't that technically a loss? Also, I'm the first one to use Stormlash, where in this scenario would it be best to drop it?

    Thanks for the feedback.
    Wolves lose swing or two, not that bad. And i think its closer to -2 And if i'm the one one using first SL, i use it before first SS. Thats one more reason to pre-cast wolves right before pull to have enough GCD to use!

  18. #18
    Sounds good, I have a raid tonight. I was in LFR last night and did some dummy testing today but that's not really good for feedback imo. It FELT like I was doing better than usual in LFR but eh, apples and oranges compared to a normal raid.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantor7 View Post
    Actually in Simulationcraft this line:
    Oh, yeah. I didn't look at that because I assume they were copy/pasting that part and it'd be correct. I was tired, but pretty sure I read this right when I was talkin about it? Or maybe "up" as in over... blah I'm burnt out XD
    Quote Originally Posted by alexyuh123 View Post
    13. Lightning Bolt with 1 stack of Maelstrom, only if Ascendance is up

  20. #20
    Make a synapse spring macro. I use that thing on CD by adding it into my SS, LL and UE buttons. I know that for burst moments it might be better to hold it off, but I don´t min/max that much. I rather keep it up as much as possible.

    If you dont have an addon to track CDs and FS dot and totem, get one. The biggest dps gain out there is executing the rotation right. Also, and this is something I am struggling with, remember your big cooldowns. My firts raids this tier I kept forgeting to use Ascendance and would use it 1 time when I could have popped it at least twice. Wolves are good now too and once you get a grip on fight lengths, you can start using the FE glyph propperly.

    For AoE use Chain Lighting glyph.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •