Sacrifice nerfed?

I raided last night and my dps was as normal i even ranked in a few fights but tonight it was a little low and after checking all my buffs/gear ect, I noticed a change to the sacrifice tooltip. It now only increases the dmg of certain spells, whereas before I'm sure it was a blanket 50% dmg increase. Please correct me if im wrong, but is this actually the case?
    More pew pew less QQ

old news, was like that since idk two weeks after launch?

Deleted
    No, sacrifice has only ever increased the damage of certain abilities. For example, as affliction, it increases the damage of Malefic Grasp, Drain Soul, Fel Flame and Haunt by 50%
    Last edited by mmoc6cf4b9154f; 2012-11-15 at 11:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    old news, was like that since idk two weeks after launch?
    Two weeks after launch on Beta maybe... It's always only applied to basically single target, direct damage abilities regardless of spec.

Well as I said I noticed a drop in damage output since the Tuesday patch (significant enough not to be RNG) I noticed this tooltip change a asked about it, if your so sure its not sacrifice then what is it? Because I have just gone though the last few weeks of raid logs and compared it to tonight raid logs and there is 100% a drop in damage across the board on every boss fight. Same raid members, talents, glyphs, gear and even a similar spell count on each boss.
    More pew pew less QQ

Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    No, sacrifice has only ever increased the damage of certain abilities. For example, as affliction, it increases the damage of Malefic Grasp, Drain Soul, Fel Flame and Haunt by 50%
    It also increses additional dot tick damage from MG/DS.
    I can't confirm any change in damage, my dps was higher on most bosses that I killed this week.

Quote Originally Posted by cronix View Post
    Well as I said I noticed a drop in damage output since the Tuesday patch (significant enough not to be RNG) I noticed this tooltip change a asked about it, if your so sure its not sacrifice then what is it? Because I have just gone though the last few weeks of raid logs and compared it to tonight raid logs and there is 100% a drop in damage across the board on every boss fight. Same raid members, talents, glyphs, gear and even a similar spell count on each boss.
    I'm sure there wasn't a 100% drop in damage, but that aside we'd need your logs if you want to know why.
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

This has been the tool tip information since day 2 of the release when I started leveling and testing my warlock. It has never changed:

For Affliction Warlocks these spells are increased by 50%:
    Malefic Grasp, Drain Soul, Haunt, Fel Flame.

For Demonology Warlocks these spells are increased by 30%:
    Shadow Bolt, Soul Fire, Hand of Gul'dan, Melee, Wild Imps, Fel Flame.

For Destruction Warlocks these spells are increased by 25%:
    Incinerate, Conflagrate, Shadowburn, Chaos Bolt, Fel Flame.
    Spells modified by Fire and Brimstone are unaffected.

Edit: No patch notes or hot fix indicates any change has been done to this spell. No forum posts or glitch posts mention anything about this. I wish I could tell you why your damage was noticeably lower, but I can tell you it was not Grimoire of Sacrifice.
    Last edited by PutressFIRST; 2012-11-15 at 05:21 PM.