Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ...
12
20
21
22
23
24
... LastLast
  1. #421
    Stood in the Fire Paloro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Panama City Beach
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Billgates makes 500$+ every sec and yet pays less tax's then middle class people why????? because of stupid ass loopholes and that is what is draining us.

    The Lower/Middle class is paying tax's and barely getting by with what is left and the Rich is paying 1% or less of there money back in tax's. You really want to know what is draining us let me tell you its 2 simple things.

    1. People should not get anything back on there tax's dose not matter if they are Lower/Middle or Upper class. That money go's back into the system to be used for government programs and to fix roads ect.......

    2.The Rich/Upper Class barely paying any tax's due to loopholes but yet want the lower/Middle class to pay more. Its kinda hard to pay more when you work for 7.25$ a hr doing 20-30hrs a week and then get a chuck taken out of that. Those blaming lower class how about you try living on 7.25$ a month or be disabled and live on that its a bitch to do.
    Bill Gates pays less taxes then me? How do you plan on proving that? He might pay less then me in a certain percentage of his income, but certainly not overall.

    I know that one of the major "loopholes" is through donations. If someone can afford to drop 1 mill a year directly to a fund that is benefitting people, it logically makes sense for the government to say, hey this guy/girl is helping out society....let's give them a break on what they pay us.

  2. #422
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Billgates makes 500$+ every sec and yet pays less tax's then middle class people why????? because of stupid ass loopholes and that is what is draining us.

    The Lower/Middle class is paying tax's and barely getting by with what is left and the Rich is paying 1% or less of there money back in tax's. You really want to know what is draining us let me tell you its 2 simple things.

    1. People should not get anything back on there tax's dose not matter if they are Lower/Middle or Upper class. That money go's back into the system to be used for government programs and to fix roads ect.......

    2.The Rich/Upper Class barely paying any tax's due to loopholes but yet want the lower/Middle class to pay more. Its kinda hard to pay more when you work for 7.25$ a hr doing 20-30hrs a week and then get a chuck taken out of that. Those blaming lower class how about you try living on 7.25$ a month or be disabled and live on that its a bitch to do.
    Because it never ends as i shown in my hypothetical scenario. Every election cycle the Liberal will have to promise more then he did last time to insure his reelection
    Its just like all those towns and cities going bankrupt all over America cased by public sector unions getting promised more and more every election cycle by democrats for payment for their support
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2012-11-16 at 08:11 PM.

  3. #423
    Scarab Lord Lenonis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Paloro View Post
    He might pay less then me in a certain percentage of his income, but certainly not overall.
    So? It's ridiculous to say that someone making billions should pay the same as someone making 50k in terms of absolute $$ in taxes. Percentages can be the same though and make sense.

    And I don't think many people have an issue with charitable donations as tax exempt. Some might have issues with what qualifies as a charity however.

    Anyway, charitable donations is not the loopholes that people get bent out of shape about because everyone can use that loophole. Not everyone can offshore money or do other crazy things rich people can do to dodge taxes.

  4. #424
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,564
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I looked into it in my state, where there was a ballot initiative for it. I asked around a bit. My grandmother does not have a driver's license or a state ID. In order to get one of those, she needs a birth certificate. The hospital where she was born doesn't exist anymore, so we spent days trying to track down a copy of her birth cert. Then, in order to get the birth cert... guess what? she needs a fucking photo ID. Catch-22 at its best.

    So... why don't you want my grandmother to vote?
    And sir, you missed the point... you'll have to go back and read the thread again, Y'all wanted a 'test' for voters to apparently weed out the stupid republicans., but in order to GET your test you'd have to have to be able to prove WHO was taking the test, thus you'd need Voter ID laws. I dont know where you live so I cant speak to the ease or difficulty of getting your grandmother an ID.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  5. #425
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Y'all wanted a 'test' for voters to apparently weed out the stupid republicans.
    That would be hilarious.

    I can already see political candidates from both sides failing the test.

  6. #426
    Does anyone really believe taxing multi-millionaires will put even a tiny dent in the 17 trillion dollar debt? Come on. It's class-warfare by Obama and Co. The sad thing is, Romney has no plan either because there is no plan. Don't be fooled. Both Democrats and Republicans are the problem. Don't fall for the notion that one party is the devil and the other is good. Both are terrible.

  7. #427
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    So if a politician does or says something foolish, no one should bash them for it?
    Thats up to you, politicians of both parties say and do foolish stuff on a regular basis, does that mean that they all should be continuously berated, abused, belittled or made fun of? Cause if thats the case I'll happily play, I have several comments from certain politicians that never grow old.

    But then you'd call me petty, snide or mean if I posted them.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  8. #428
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Thats up to you, politicians of both parties say and do foolish stuff on a regular basis, does that mean that they all should be continuously berated, abused, belittled or made fun of?
    Politicians are made fun of all the time. They are constant targets for comedians, there is nothing wrong with it...

  9. #429
    Edit -> It is like saying that I should only pay 15% on my personal income taxes because the corporation that pays me was already taxed on that money.
    Actually, corporations write off employee income from taxes. Only corporate profits that go towards stock prices, dividends, and capital investment are basically affected by corporate income taxes.

    You aren't taxing the corporate rate twice, you are taxing the corporation once (although they most likely wrote most if not all of it off) and then you are taxing the shareholders for what they are payed from the corporation. I don't see an issue there.
    Although theres a fine difference, the corporation IS the shareholders. When the corporation makes a profit, its not like the money sits in the corporate bank, its almost directly paid out to shareholders, aside from reinvestment etc. Assuming a 15% dividends tax on top of a 30% corporate income tax, you're basically taxed at a 45% rate for anything you get. No wonder why Americans don't save money and invest anymore--- Uncle Sam takes half of what you make off the top.

  10. #430
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    And sir, you missed the point... you'll have to go back and read the thread again, Y'all wanted a 'test' for voters to apparently weed out the stupid republicans., but in order to GET your test you'd have to have to be able to prove WHO was taking the test, thus you'd need Voter ID laws. I dont know where you live so I cant speak to the ease or difficulty of getting your grandmother an ID.
    I'm interested in where you got the notion that tests are to weed out stupid Republicans. Wouldn't it weed out, you know, stupid people?

    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    Politicians are made fun of all the time. They are constant targets for comedians, there is nothing wrong with it...
    Yep. As long as it's based on fact, have at it. If it isn't, well, be prepared for people to correct you.

  11. #431
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Does anyone really believe taxing multi-millionaires will put even a tiny dent in the 17 trillion dollar debt? Come on. It's class-warfare by Obama and Co. The sad thing is, Romney has no plan either because there is no plan. Don't be fooled. Both Democrats and Republicans are the problem. Don't fall for the notion that one party is the devil and the other is good. Both are terrible.
    Does anyone really believe taxing the middle class and taking away deductions will put even a tiny dent in the 17 trillion dollar debt? Come on. It's class-warfare by Republicans and Co. The sad thing is, Republicans have no plan either because there is no plan. Don't be fooled. Republicans are the problem. Don't fall for the notion that one party is the devil and the other is good.

    Fixed that for you. Who cares if raising taxes on the rich won't make a dent! Raising revenue is raising revenue and we need all the revenue we can get. How about I stop paying taxes because it won't make a dent in deficient??

  12. #432
    Quote Originally Posted by Haloswin View Post
    they will when all the minorities including the forgotten minority.. WOMEN vote in unison.
    I don't think you know what a minority is. minority is not a disenfranchised group, it is literally a group that does not comprise the majority of the population. there are more women in the US than there are men. therefore, they are NOT a minority group. and people have the right to vote however they want. Do not assume that just because you feel some way about an issue everyone else does.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 08:32 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Snakeseye0 View Post
    Does anyone really believe taxing the middle class and taking away deductions will put even a tiny dent in the 17 trillion dollar debt? Come on. It's class-warfare by Republicans and Co. The sad thing is, Republicans have no plan either because there is no plan. Don't be fooled. Republicans are the problem. Don't fall for the notion that one party is the devil and the other is good.

    Fixed that for you. Who cares if raising taxes on the rich won't make a dent! Raising revenue is raising revenue and we need all the revenue we can get. How about I stop paying taxes because it won't make a dent in deficient??
    except that the problem is that government doesn't use new revenue to make up for deficit, they generally use it to fund new projects, which overspend in regards to the new money. funding social enterprises is great, but we shouldn't be borrowing on Social Security and taking loans from other nations to fund it.

  13. #433
    Quote Originally Posted by gnomergon View Post
    I don't think you know what a minority is. minority is not a disenfranchised group, it is literally a group that does not comprise the majority of the population. there are more women in the US than there are men. therefore, they are NOT a minority group. and people have the right to vote however they want. Do not assume that just because you feel some way about an issue everyone else does.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minority_group

    Why do people have to be so literal.

  14. #434
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    So? It's ridiculous to say that someone making billions should pay the same as someone making 50k in terms of absolute $$ in taxes. Percentages can be the same though and make sense.

    And I don't think many people have an issue with charitable donations as tax exempt. Some might have issues with what qualifies as a charity however.

    Anyway, charitable donations is not the loopholes that people get bent out of shape about because everyone can use that loophole. Not everyone can offshore money or do other crazy things rich people can do to dodge taxes.
    No what is ridiculous is that people don't understand the difference between investment income and salary income
    Believe me when Bill Gates was the CEO of Micro Soft his salary income was taxed at a much higher rate then you
    Bill gates wealth came mostly from investment income which is taxed at a lower rate. And the reason investment income is taxed at a lower rate is to give people an incentive to invest in businesses so they can expand in return create jobs

  15. #435
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    I'm interested in where you got the notion that tests are to weed out stupid Republicans. Wouldn't it weed out, you know, stupid people?


    Yep. As long as it's based on fact, have at it. If it isn't, well, be prepared for people to correct you.
    Cause this is a bash Romney/GOP thread, of course...

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 02:38 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Snakeseye0 View Post
    Does anyone really believe taxing the middle class and taking away deductions will put even a tiny dent in the 17 trillion dollar debt? Come on. It's class-warfare by Republicans and Co. The sad thing is, Republicans have no plan either because there is no plan. Don't be fooled. Republicans are the problem. Don't fall for the notion that one party is the devil and the other is good.

    Fixed that for you. Who cares if raising taxes on the rich won't make a dent! Raising revenue is raising revenue and we need all the revenue we can get. How about I stop paying taxes because it won't make a dent in deficient??
    Even better... how about a law that says we cant spend more than we take in... ya know... if you only take in 1.2T then you only have that much available to spend instead of say 2.4T.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  16. #436
    Scarab Lord Lenonis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    No what is ridiculous is that people don't understand the difference between investment income and salary income
    Actually what is ridiculous is people who don't understand the difference between actual and effective tax rates.

  17. #437
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Cause this is a bash Romney/GOP thread, of course...
    Can you provide a quote where it was explicitly stated or otherwise implied?

  18. #438
    Scarab Lord Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Standing in the Fire, as always.
    Posts
    4,455
    So what I understand is that Romney lost, and now he mad... Right?
    FC: 2251-6711-5951

    Prophet 60091, this is the flight number of our galactic sun

  19. #439
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Can you provide a quote where it was explicitly stated or otherwise implied?
    I guess you've missed the thread title, and 22 pages of posts, hmm?

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 02:41 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    So what I understand is that Romney lost, and now he mad... Right?
    Would appear so, and ya know? He lost, sucks to be him. and that should be the end of it.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  20. #440
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I don't consider donations to churches to be charitable contributions, it's one thing I'd like changed. If you want to donate to a charity... donate to the charity itself, not some church.
    I would agree with you in most cases. But, if you haven't heard about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons) Welfare Program, Humanitarian Services, and other philanthropies, you would be quite surprised. They actually do SO MUCH to help other people!
    http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/topic/...-self-reliance
    http://www.philanthropyroundtable.or...tem_that_works
    http://www.ldsphilanthropies.org/ldsp/about/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LDS_Humanitarian_Services
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •