Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ...
13
21
22
23
24
25
... LastLast
  1. #441
    Legendary! darenyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cho'gall (US)
    Posts
    6,015
    Would appear so, and ya know? He lost, sucks to be him. and that should be the end of it.
    im sure everyones very curious as to his & his party's thoughts, since this was such a "totally unexpected" defeat for them.

  2. #442
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakeseye0 View Post
    Does anyone really believe taxing the middle class and taking away deductions will put even a tiny dent in the 17 trillion dollar debt? Come on. It's class-warfare by Republicans and Co. The sad thing is, Republicans have no plan either because there is no plan. Don't be fooled. Republicans are the problem. Don't fall for the notion that one party is the devil and the other is good.

    Fixed that for you. Who cares if raising taxes on the rich won't make a dent! Raising revenue is raising revenue and we need all the revenue we can get. How about I stop paying taxes because it won't make a dent in deficient??
    So in fact this IS a bash the republican thread after all... how is it one guy can honestly say that both parties are to blame and you magical absolve your party? Do you truly think that the dems are innocent and that the republicans are solely to blame?

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  3. #443
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I guess you've missed the thread title, and 22 pages of posts, hmm?
    I'm asking specifically about voting tests as a means to weed out stupid Republicans specifically.

  4. #444
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,564
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    im sure everyones very curious as to his & his party's thoughts, since this was such a "totally unexpected" defeat for them.
    it was only unexpected to folks that weren't paying attention over the last year and a half.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  5. #445
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post

    Would appear so, and ya know? He lost, sucks to be him. and that should be the end of it.
    Then he should have just accepted that he lost and kept his mouth shut. When you say things people don't like, your going to get negative backlash.

  6. #446
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Even better... how about a law that says we cant spend more than we take in... ya know... if you only take in 1.2T then you only have that much available to spend instead of say 2.4T.
    That's stupid, a government can go into debt. Debt isn't always bad, but hey most republicans I've encountered on this board (Excluding libertarians for the moment) think macroeconomics is like balancing a personal chequebook...

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 08:48 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    So in fact this IS a bash the republican thread after all... how is it one guy can honestly say that both parties are to blame and you magical absolve your party? Do you truly think that the dems are innocent and that the republicans are solely to blame?
    If you could bother to get off your reactionary high-horse, you'd notice that the person he was quoting was saying that about democrats and this was a slightly petty rebuttal.

  7. #447
    Legendary! darenyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cho'gall (US)
    Posts
    6,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    it was only unexpected to folks that weren't paying attention over the last year and a half.
    like.. fox news, romney himself, and a vast majority of the GoP officials?

  8. #448
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    I'm asking specifically about voting tests as a means to weed out stupid Republicans specifically.
    sarcasm sir... I would hope it weeded out the stupid on both sides, however, we'll never have a 'test' just like we'll never have Voter ID because there is no political will to actually do what is necessary to safeguard legitimate, legal votes from being rendered useless by folks that aren't eligible to vote but are voting anyway because the safeguards to prevent it have been blocked or weakened by those that desperately want and need those votes.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 02:52 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    If you could bother to get off your reactionary high-horse, you'd notice that the person he was quoting was saying that about democrats and this was a slightly petty rebuttal.
    Actually Miss, the person he responded to blamed BOTH PARTIES, not just one... go back and look... even better... I'll quote it for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Does anyone really believe taxing multi-millionaires will put even a tiny dent in the 17 trillion dollar debt? Come on. It's class-warfare by Obama and Co. The sad thing is, Romney has no plan either because there is no plan. Don't be fooled. Both Democrats and Republicans are the problem. Don't fall for the notion that one party is the devil and the other is good. Both are terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakeseye0 View Post
    Does anyone really believe taxing the middle class and taking away deductions will put even a tiny dent in the 17 trillion dollar debt? Come on. It's class-warfare by Republicans and Co. The sad thing is, Republicans have no plan either because there is no plan. Don't be fooled. Republicans are the problem. Don't fall for the notion that one party is the devil and the other is good.

    Fixed that for you. Who cares if raising taxes on the rich won't make a dent! Raising revenue is raising revenue and we need all the revenue we can get. How about I stop paying taxes because it won't make a dent in deficient??
    See... one blamed BOTH parties, and the other doesn't have the honesty to accept any responsibility, just blame the other guy.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  9. #449
    The Lightbringer Lenonis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    3,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    I would agree with you in most cases. But, if you haven't heard about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons) Welfare Program, Humanitarian Services, and other philanthropies, you would be quite surprised. They actually do SO MUCH to help other people!
    http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/topic/...-self-reliance
    http://www.philanthropyroundtable.or...tem_that_works
    http://www.ldsphilanthropies.org/ldsp/about/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LDS_Humanitarian_Services
    Don't forget about their incredibly helpful money spent on prop 8.

  10. #450
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,564
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    like.. fox news, romney himself, and a vast majority of the GoP officials?
    I know many republicans and independents that have been spending the last 2yrs or so shaking their head at all of this.

    I wasn't surprised at the loss, I was surprised at how close it was.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  11. #451
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    sarcasm sir... I would hope it weeded out the stupid on both sides, however, we'll never have a 'test' just like we'll never have Voter ID because there is no political will to actually do what is necessary to safeguard legitimate, legal votes from being rendered useless by folks that aren't eligible to vote but are voting anyway because the safeguards to prevent it have been blocked or weakened by those that desperately want and need those votes.
    We won't get them because we don't need them. They are either inefficient and detrimental to the system beyond whatever benefit they would provide.

  12. #452
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    We won't get them because we don't need them. They are either inefficient and detrimental to the system beyond whatever benefit they would provide.
    then you'll be happy to know that a Voter ID in FL in 2000 would have made Al Gore the President instead of Bush, you are aware of this, right?

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  13. #453
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Actually Miss, the person he responded to blamed BOTH PARTIES, not just one... go back and look... even better... I'll quote it for you.
    See... one blamed BOTH parties, and the other doesn't have the honesty to accept any responsibility, just blame the other guy.
    'Class warfare by Obama and co...' Yeah, totally damning of both sides, yet still professing republican ideology... I know the new thing is to beat around the bush and vaguely hint at things without actually coming out and saying them, much like your previous post of 'Certain people from a certain party' that was as transparent as glass, but please don't insult people's intelligence. False equivalencies aren't readily tolerated.

  14. #454
    Legendary! darenyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cho'gall (US)
    Posts
    6,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I know many republicans and independents that have been spending the last 2yrs or so shaking their head at all of this.

    I wasn't surprised at the loss, I was surprised at how close it was.
    it wasnt close at all... and i know many who were completely convinced romney would win (even on these boards).

    in any case the reactions are worth studying. this could potentially be a big turning point for the gop. so far it seems half wish to continue blindly digging their own grave, while half are reconsidering their message.

  15. #455
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    'Class warfare by Obama and co...' Yeah, totally damning of both sides, yet still professing republican ideology... I know the new thing is to beat around the bush and vaguely hint at things without actually coming out and saying them, much like your previous post of 'Certain people from a certain party' that was as transparent as glass, but please don't insult people's intelligence. False equivalencies aren't readily tolerated.
    Both Democrats and Republicans are the problem

    guess you failed to see that... I saw it big as a sunrise.. and its true... both damn parties are the problem, both think their shit doesn't stink and its all the other guys fault... if you cant see that then I have nothing else to say to you... Good day.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  16. #456
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    I'm asking specifically about voting tests as a means to weed out stupid Republicans specifically.
    Do you realize that most republicans are high income earners and you don't make a high income being stupid
    On the other side of the coin most democrats are low wage earners and the democrats that are high income earners are either in the entertainment business, government workers, or academia which none of them know anything about starting a business and making it successful

  17. #457
    Moderator Kasierith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    St Petersburg
    Posts
    10,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    Do you realize that most republicans are high income earners and you don't make a high income being stupid
    On the other side of the coin most democrats are low wage earners and the democrats that are high income earners are either in the entertainment business, government workers, or academia which none of them know anything about starting a business and making it successful
    And your numbers from this are.... from where exactly? Propoganda.com?

  18. #458
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    Do you realize that most republicans are high income earners and you don't make a high income being stupid
    On the other side of the coin most democrats are low wage earners and the democrats that are high income earners are either in the entertainment business, government workers, or academia which none of them know anything about starting a business and making it successful
    You can actually be astoundingly stupid, at least socially, and earn quite a lot of money. You can also earn a lot of money being intentionally stupid. Earned income is not an accurate measurement of intelligence by any stretch of the imagination.

    You can, for instance, be very good at exploiting laws without knowing much about fiscal theory or legitimate business practice, make hand over fist, all within the law and all while being "stupid" on some level.

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  19. #459
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    Do you realize that most republicans are high income earners and you don't make a high income being stupid
    On the other side of the coin most democrats are low wage earners and the democrats that are high income earners are either in the entertainment business, government workers, or academia which none of them know anything about starting a business and making it successful
    Oh so that's why the bible belt states are mostly republican? Because there are SO MANY high income earners there?

  20. #460
    Obama win's by championing the causes of minority America and saying he will protect them, and Romney ignores everyone but whites?

    It's almost like it's politics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •