Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Belisarius565 View Post
    It is extremely racist, and people still group all of them together, like because they are black, all of them are in poverty or some nonsense.
    Saying all blacks are in poverty is racist. Saying those in poverty are made up of mostly minorities isn't.

Romney made a huge mistake is saying that all Latinos were dependent on the government (see his 47% video). This is highly inflammatory.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 09:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    a policy which Obama has followed leading to fast growing 16-17 trillion dollar debt.
    That's actually wrong, the deficit hasn't really moved upward at all under Obama.
    Last edited by Rukentuts; 2012-11-15 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    That's still pathetic.
    Agreed, but not as dismal as it was made to seem. A lot of people from non-battleground states end up not voting because they know their candidate is going to win. That's dangerous to assume, but think of a state like Utah. 70%+ voted for Romney. I guarantee a lot of democrats and republicans didn't bother voting because they knew the outcome already. It's like that in most states that aren't battlegrounds (northeast, south)
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Romney insults them, and then wonders why they don't vote him into office?

WTF is he smoking?

So there is no rich people that are not white?
    of course there are non-white wealthy people, but as the vast majority of the wealthy not just in the US but in the entire world are white (despite white people being only 6% of the global population) and the stereotype everyone was addressing was black/latino=poor, white=rich, i addressed it as such.

Take a look at most of the government income, and you will see most of it is from the wealthiest.
    that might have something to do with them also controlling 95% of all money in the country. kinda hard to rest the tax burden on the remaining 5% of all money acquired in this country, but they sure try as hard as humanly possible.

the 6 members of the walton family, who collectively own the largest chunk of walmart together have more money than the bottom 100 million people in this country. you're damn right they should shoulder the tax burden.

now if income disparity was a little more sane then yes the non-wealthy would in fact shoulder a higher percent of the tax burden, but i am sick to death of these spoiled shit rich people crying about taxes when their taxes are at a RECORD LOW *AND* THEIR INCOME IS AT A RECORD HIGH. under eisenhower people in the top tax bracket were taxed fucking 91%, now the average wealthy persons EFFECTIVE actual PAID tax rate is around 13-15%, off record incomes, and THEY cry victim.

another interesting factoid is at every point where the rich peoples tax rates were higher, the economy thrived, because they had incentive to hire more people and build and do more things and the government had enough money to pay for it's shit. trickle down never once in history worked, yet it is the only proposed solution by the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    313,847,465 is the estimate of people living in the USA. Take about 70,000,000 off for people under 18. That leaves you with 243,000,000 estimated eligible voters. About 120,000,000 people voted. I'd say about 50% of the country voted.
    I think he is referring only to those people who voted for obama. His 61 million votes constitute approximately 20% of the estimated population.

15+ Year Old Account
    Isn't this what all politicians do, promise stuff, ehrm I mean gifts in order to secure votes.
    Pretty sure the extensive lobbyism that is the motor of america politics are gifts as well, goes both ways.

I read the CNN article - and I laugh as those "gifts" are (gasp!) campaign promises!

So... Romney is upset that Obama pledged to help those in need? Isn't that, like, his JOB!?

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I read the CNN article - and I laugh as those "gifts" are (gasp!) campaign promises!

So... Romney is upset that Obama pledged to help those in need? Isn't that, like, his JOB!?
    According to Romney they are all moochers.

Look at me everyone I am going to call you moochers, and then blame you for voting for my opponent!

Surly this idea would never blow up in my face!

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    That's actually wrong, the deficit hasn't really moved upward at all under Obama.
    You can't convince people who think like that... they automatically lump Bush's bailout plan under Obama because Obama signed it into office - therefore it helps them sleep better at night to believe he was at fault instead of their previous Idiot-God they voted for.

Trust me... in 2016 they'll STILL be sighting this, tacking on whatever paltry number the debt might raise to and be still saying Dems increased the debt by 6 trillion.

Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    I'm not sure where this notion of Bush causing the economy to crash comes from? Well I do know, it's a construct by the left-wing media. While Bush certainly was no economics expert and did quite a bit of deficit spending, that had absolutely nothing to do with the recession.

The recession was caused by banks that were "too big to fail," failing, which can be attributed to the housing market. Now why did the housing market crash? Terrible lending practices by the banks under Bill Clinton's Community Reinvestment Act, which made banks give loans to people they knew couldn't pay them back? Okay, but why did the banks get so big? Bill Clinton repealed the Glass-Steagall Act, which separated investment banking from private banking.
    you forgot the part where Timothy Geithner testified before congress and basically gutted the only person trying to stop and regulate credit default swaps.... ya know those financial weapons of mass destruction that detonated in the financial sector. its the banking institutions that backed clintons community investment act and then got the money from the Federal reserve to pay for it, then glass-steagall was repealed and the whole thing began to meltdown. the banking industry has systematically attacked and removed every regulation put in place after the great depression. regulations designed to prevent a financial meltdown like the one we are currently living through. yea way to go 1% ers.

Quote Originally Posted by tombstoner139 View Post
    you forgot the part where Timothy Geithner testified before congress and basically gutted the only person trying to stop and regulate credit default swaps.... ya know those financial weapons of mass destruction that detonated in the financial sector. its the banking institutions that backed clintons community investment act and then got the money from the Federal reserve to pay for it, then glass-steagall was repealed and the whole thing began to meltdown. the banking industry has systematically attacked and removed every regulation put in place after the great depression. regulations designed to prevent a financial meltdown like the one we are currently living through. yea way to go 1% ers.
    AHAHAHAHHA way to try and rewrite history. So Republicans are now the people who really wanted to regulate banking sector properly and meanie democrats stopped them from doing so. They certainly both should bare the blame but that is just utter bullshit.

You can't convince people who think like that... they automatically lump Bush's bailout plan under Obama because Obama signed it into office - therefore it helps them sleep better at night to believe he was at fault instead of their previous Idiot-God they voted for.

Trust me... in 2016 they'll STILL be sighting this, tacking on whatever paltry number the debt might raise to and be still saying Dems increased the debt by 6 trillion.
    I was more alluding to Bush using supplemental appropriations from Congress for the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars to keep them off the budget.

Why do religious people--whose beliefs offer various forms of eternal paradise vs eternal damnation--complain about someone else getting support by "promising stuff"? Can you possibly get more hypocritical than that?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Why do religious people--whose beliefs offer various forms of eternal paradise vs eternal damnation--complain about someone else getting support by "promising stuff"? Can you possibly get more hypocritical than that?

Comment of the day hahah

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 05:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    AHAHAHAHHA way to try and rewrite history. So Republicans are now the people who really wanted to regulate banking sector properly and meanie democrats stopped them from doing so. They certainly both should bare the blame but that is just utter bullshit.
    My memory is a bit fuzzy but after Obama got elected the first time, didnt he start the work to regulate the fiscal sector and the republicans fiercly opposed 99% on that list making it toothless. Remember a CBS 60 minutes episode about it.
    So much for republicans willing to do anything that got the slightest risk of limiting the free market

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    My memory is a bit fuzzy but after Obama got elected the first time, didnt he start the work to regulate the fiscal sector and the republicans fiercly opposed 99% on that list making it toothless. Remember a CBS 60 minutes episode about it.
    So much for republicans willing to do anything that got the slightest risk of limiting the free market
    You are referring to the STOCK act, to stop congressional insider trading.

One involves government handouts, the other doesn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever I think of of the irony behind the conservative/Republican side being largely Christian and trying to push those values on others, I am just reminded of this picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Agreed, but not as dismal as it was made to seem. A lot of people from non-battleground states end up not voting because they know their candidate is going to win. That's dangerous to assume, but think of a state like Utah. 70%+ voted for Romney. I guarantee a lot of democrats and republicans didn't bother voting because they knew the outcome already. It's like that in most states that aren't battlegrounds (northeast, south)
    I think this has a lot to do with it but we shouldn't underestimate the amount of apathy involved either. My wife voted for the first time in her life and she voted for a third party candidate. Her mother voted for only the second time in her life. They mostly just don't care who is in charge.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    One involves government handouts, the other doesn't.
    Both involve promises to support one thing, in exchange for another thing.

I don't understand why Republicans are against helping others. Isn't that what the bible supports?
    Last edited by Purlina; 2012-11-15 at 04:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

While there is a difference between deficit and debt. With such blatant examples of Greece and Spain to look at? It becomes pretty clear that the only way we were going to avoid Great Depression II, was to dive deeper into debt.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.