Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post

Really want to play Storm Legion, but after what I've read, I'll never make it 60 before the questing grind will just make me quit anyway. Sitting back and waiting for an exp nerf now.
    If your intent is to get to 60 ASAP then it will feel bad. If you have a guild pressuring you to 60 it will be bad. If you just play the game for fun and enjoy yourself it's not that bad. My gf and RL friend are having a blast doing things like Hunt Rifts and Onslaughts. The first week there were so few people at the higher levels there was almost noone to do those things with, and the groups doing them were guild groups and being dickish about it. Now there are tons of people doing stuff and should be much more enjoyable. I see 1-2 raids full of level 55-60 players at the Onslaughts in Ashora every day, for hours on end now. Join one of those and you level FAST.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    ok, cool, didn't remember reading that in a hotfix or anything.
    The veteran vial nerf came in prior to SL launch the 10% XP bonus gain is pretty much useless leveling with non rested XP.

Really want to play Storm Legion, but after what I've read, I'll never make it 60 before the questing grind will just make me quit anyway. Sitting back and waiting for an exp nerf now.
    If you hate leveling like I do the 50 to 60 level up was brutal. With that being said I'm happy I'm 60 now and enjoy endgame in Rift but have zero motivation to do it again anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    The veteran vial nerf came in prior to SL launch the 10% XP bonus gain is pretty much useless leveling with non rested XP.
    The nerf is not what I am referring too. At least the first week of SL, using an XP Vial actually reduced XP gain by 10% instead on increasing, despite what the Tooltip said. It was tested and confirmed by myself and a few others in the guild I was in at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    ok, cool, didn't remember reading that in a hotfix or anything.

The nerf is not what I am referring too. At least the first week of SL, using an XP Vial actually reduced XP gain by 10% instead on increasing, despite what the Tooltip said. It was tested and confirmed by myself and a few others in the guild I was in at the time.
    Shit I didn't know that and I used 16 vials all in the first week...... Nerdrage!!!!11111one.

10+ Year Old Account
    In other news... this morning as I was mucking around and recording a video ... at 03.11am on 8 Dec 2012...

I can safely say that Hunt Rift zerging is THE fastest way to get XP - I was getting about 300k XP plus per Hunt Rift at level 59.

Bought myself some epic starter pieces to get hit capped and a few enchants and I am now heroic-ready.
    So, with a bit of careful planning and some platinum, it is pretty easy going to prepare.

I intend on doing all the quests in more detail later. I will probably slowly level one of my clerics now, so maybe I will finish all the quests on him to avoid boredom - as Jabberwocky was my "main" in Rift v1
    Last edited by theWocky; 2012-12-09 at 10:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    In other news... this morning as I was mucking around and recording a video ... at 03.11am on 8 Dec 2012...
    Gratz!

My displeasure for leveling in any MMO is pretty high so my race to 60 meant I missed out on many of the epic world events and such since there wasn't enough people to take part in them. Much different story now though.

Well phase 2 of the fun starts now for you. Pugs are starting to get a bit better at the experts and such but it was a real rough go at the start.

I had to post this parade of gamers doing a zone event at 3:29am (clock seen below my mini-map) in the morning. It seems there is little or now downtime for max level players now. Trion has created a monster!

Made it to 60 on my Mage
    54.5 on my warrior going to 60 ....solo SUCKSSSSSSS on a warrior compared to Mage

Gonna reach 57 tonight is the plan, sucks that I had to work today (and next saturday), but hopefully I will get a taste of end game during christmas! Also to Wocky (or someone else with knowledge) is it worth it to do hunt rifts solo (with randoms joining as they pass etc) or should you get a group up front? Questing is getting kinda stale, story quests are good but it seems inevitable to do tons of carnage along to get enough xp per zone, and I'm getting tired of carnages.
    "You disgust me"- Grandma

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trlz View Post
    Gonna reach 57 tonight is the plan, sucks that I had to work today (and next saturday), but hopefully I will get a taste of end game during christmas! Also to Wocky (or someone else with knowledge) is it worth it to do hunt rifts solo (with randoms joining as they pass etc) or should you get a group up front? Questing is getting kinda stale, story quests are good but it seems inevitable to do tons of carnage along to get enough xp per zone, and I'm getting tired of carnages.
    Try to get a group together when doing Hunt Rifts. Actually, it's better to level with a buddy in general. You kill the mobs quicker and you get a group xp, so you'll probably level faster this way. I joined a bunch of guys at level 54 or so and did a level and then did hunt rifts and zerged hunt rifts in a group of 20 and leveled in in a matter of hours from late 58'ish ~ 60.

57 is the best level to start Hunt Rifts. Get a bunch of other 57's to buy Hunt Lures and just zerg, zerg, zerg in a group.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2012-12-15 at 10:13 PM.