Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Hey, I am under 30 and still overweight.
    Thats the issue. In your late teens to mid 20s you're in your physical prime and it'll never be easier to maintain a healthy body, it's only going to get harder once you get with in sniffing distance of 30 and increasingly harder after that. If you let yourself go while in your prime you have almost no hope of getting healthy once you're past it.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2012-11-15 at 08:54 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

As far as drinks go, it's up there as one of the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Young kids that "eat like shit" and are underweight either have a serious medical condition, or still have what adults refer to as "metabolism".
    Interesting.

i5-3570k @ 4.4GHz|8GB DDR3 1600MHz|EVGA GTX 670 FTW x2 SLI|Samsung 830 128GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Thats the issue. In your late teens to mid 20s you're in your physical prime and it'll never be easier to maintian a healthy body, it's only going to get harder once you get with in sniffing distance of 30 and increasingly harder after that. If you let yourself go while in your prime you have almost no hope of getting healthy once you're past it.
    Exactly this. It took me awhile to learn that I couldn't eat like I did when I was a teen and in my early 20's. One big thing I had to stop was the late night snacking. God, your fat cells LOVE that when your older.

As usual people are missing the point.

I am not saying it is healthy but it isn't so bad in comparison to other things.

For example some chocolate chip cookies here....

Way more calories and uses far more ingredients. Not a good comparison but you know.
    What does the number of ingredients have to do with how healthy a food is?

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    So 1 bottle is the equivalent of an entire meal and you say it's not that bad?
    That is 1L of coke. A can has 42*3,3 = 138 calories. Fine actually. Nothing too bad, milk has the same calories. If you also eat 400 calories for a meal.. There's something wrong with your body, 400 calories is like 2 pieces of bread with toppings..

3 pieces = 320calories-
    2 pieces = 213 - now add some topping and voila = 400.
    I7 - 4930K / 16 GB - 1600MHZ / R9 290 Core 1220 MHZ - Memory 1550 MHZ

Quote Originally Posted by dercaderca View Post
    Sugar is not good for you. At all.
    Neither is the car exhaust filled air you breath. I find most reactions here a bit overrated. You all act like cola will be the death of you, or it'll destroy your insides when you drink it too often. If you get 0 excercise and have a slow metabolism, then it will ruïn you. Cheez, live a little. Enjoy the drink. I'd rather die young and enjoyed my life then to live 150 years on only bread and water. I like cola, I drink it when I want and how much I want. I work out, I'm fit, I don't care about it having too much sugar. There will always be something that'll have too much of one thing and nothing of the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    That is 1L of coke. A can has 42*3,3 = 138 calories. Fine actually. Nothing too bad, milk has the same calories. If you also eat 400 calories for a meal.. There's something wrong with your body, 400 calories is like 2 pieces of bread with toppings..

3 pieces = 320calories-
    A 20oz coke has 240 calories.

http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nu...lassic-(20-oz)
    Last edited by Purlina; 2012-11-15 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Young kids that "eat like shit" and are underweight either have a serious medical condition, or still have what adults refer to as "metabolism".
    99% sure its metabolism. Sucks to have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayshan View Post
    Cheez, live a little.
    Was that a pun, or was it a spelling mistake? Either way, it was funny on this thread, lol.

Oh yeah btw, i'm not underweight. I'm just nearer to underweight than to overweight. I'm actually just about fine.

i5-3570k @ 4.4GHz|8GB DDR3 1600MHz|EVGA GTX 670 FTW x2 SLI|Samsung 830 128GB SSD

We should boycott lemons because they contain citric acid. Acid will obviously dissolve your intestines over your life!

Seriously guys? Since when sugar is bad for your health? Sugar increases brain activity and gives your body energy. You should be grateful they use sugar instead of aspartame...
    Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.7GHz | Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti @ 950 MHz | ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard
    8 GB of Kingston HyperX DDR3 | Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB
    2x Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB + Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSDs (three-way raid 0)
    Cooler Master HAF 912 plus case | Corsair AX1200 power supply
    Thermaltake NiC C5 Untouchable CPU cooler | Samsung 23" 350 series LED monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post

3 pieces = 320calories-
    Just cause something has some same calories doesn't mean it's the same. Milk is good for you because of the high amount of vitamins, but coke doesn't have any benefit other than taste, that is where the term "empty calories" comes into play. Coke doesn't fill you up, if you eat 400 calories that consist of 2 pieces of bread and toppings, you can still end up drinking that can of soda that is an extra 138 calories (with no extra benefit, physically). a healthy amount of calorie intake is 1200-2000 per day depending on your body weight/how much you exercise. So 3 meals a day at 400 calories each isn't unheard of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr
    I thought doing the toothpaste-tube-squeeze and vigorous shake was the "traditional" way.

You can't compare apple's with pears. (Dutch saying).
    1) The phrase is "You can't compare Apples and Oranges".
    2) It doesn't belong to any specific language, and is only designed to point that you can't compare 2 specific entities due to their differences.
    3) "Apple's and Pears" would generally be read as "stairs" to anyone who lives in England

And cares about their health..good lord, you won't die from occasionally drinking it, don't make it out to be a sin.
    You may die from drinking bleach, petrol, toxic waste and most certainly from Cyanide
    That said, i stopped drinking Pepsi for a few days last week. Not out of any reason to but more that it was a busy week compared to normal. My sleep pattern sorted itself out in days. The moment i started drinking it again, i'm back to the 7am-4pm sleeping

Claim it's not bad for you? No, maybe it in itself isn't. The side-effects it can have on your health are an entirely different story though.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    99% sure its metabolism. Sucks to have one.
    Hardly. Having a good metabolism is about it being balanced. Having an overactive or fast metabolism can make you underweight, while having a slow metabolism can make you fat. Having something in the middle is ideal. Personally, my metabolism is a little fast, but i can't complain. It's the lesser of 2 evils for me. I'm lucky in that i know my metabolism will still be good even when i'm older, as it's passed through the family for generations now.
    Last edited by Synthaxx; 2012-11-15 at 09:07 PM.
    Coder, Gamer - Thoughtcloud | NEW SITE: IOCube| Node.js Monkey | #Error418MasterRace
    Knows: Node.js, JS, JQuery, HTML, CSS, Object Pascal, PHP, WQL/SQL, Ruby

PC: 750D / 16GB / 256GB + 750GB / GTX780 / 4670K / Z87X-UD4H | Laptop: 8GB / 120GB + 480GB / GTX765M / 4700MQ

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    That's all bogus

When I was younger.. maybe around the age of 12-15, I used to drink almost a crate of 1L coca cola PER DAY.

I was underweight my whole childhood and teenage years.

Talk about those huge amounts of kcal. Laughable.

The only think that went away after drinking so much cola was my acne.

Today I don't drink it if it doesnt have whiskey in it.
    Mate, you know why you almost never see fat dutch people? We are all tall as fuck. Us tall people can take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunius View Post
    Seriously guys? Since when sugar is bad for your health? Sugar increases brain activity and gives your body energy. You should be grateful they use sugar instead of aspartame...
    Aspartame is just about harmless for you. You will die of water poisoning before you suffer most of the projected negative effects of diet sodas, and with aspartame its somewhere around 20 cans a day for 30 years = a "Statistically significant" increase in cancer risk. Which given the population sizes used comes out to just a few %.

Quote Originally Posted by CptMitta View Post
    Mate, you know why you almost never see fat dutch people? We are all tall as fuck. Us tall people can take it.
    I live (more or less) in Groningen ^^. Dutch people are indeed tall. I am 190cm and sometimes I feel like a dwarf next to some Dutch guys (or even girls).

Coca Cola is the largest contributer to my weight problem. Ever since I quit Cokes back in Feb. I have lost around 70 pounds.

It is one of the worst things you can possibly drink.

Drink soda through a straw . . . that will eliminate 90% of the tooth problems. You'll still have a bit of touching your teeth, but not nearly as much as just letting it pour through your teeth normally like a filter.