Thread: CRZ is stupid

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Honestly people, this is probably one of those "silent majority" things. I do not know a single friend who has a problem with CRZ, so naturally we don't complain about it or even make "we love it!" threads. Only on the Internet do I see the occasional thread about CRZ QQ with the same 20 people posting in them to give the threads the illusion of popularity. I'm perfectly happy that Azeroth isn't a ghost town. Its hardly a big deal. I don't see people fighting for nodes. I don't see people getting ganked 100% of the time. It probably happened like twice and you guys blocked out all of the good memories with the 2 bad ones.
    Correct, selection bias is very common and it's probably behind 90% of complaint threads. Hardly any complaint threads offer genuine unbiased criticism or suggestions for improvement. It's like, "I got ganked once after CRZ came in, therefore CRZ is terrible and needs to be removed".

Maybe be the problem lies within the players that do the ganking continuously and not CRZ itself..

I've actually really enjoyed CRZ. I level a lot of alts and I enjoy seeing people run around and I now have several friends from other servers. It's much easier to form groups at lower levels also instead of queueing for dungeon finder and getting stuck with baddies.

*shrug* maybe I'm the only one that actually enjoys crz.
    Last edited by strangerdanger; 2012-11-16 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    A few points here:

*We're always being told not to harper back to the 'good old times', but it seems like Blizzard and their supporters here should take their own advice. You can't recreate the past, especially not with CRZ. The game, like I said, was very different back then CRZ is creating a very different experience with very perverse incentives.
    This isn't trying to recreate the past, this is trying to make an MMO feel like an MMO at all levels. I spend a lot of time on the New Player forum on the Official site and a question that is often asked by people wanting to come back is "Does leveling still feel like a ghostland?". Most people want to see others out in the world.

*Cross realm anything removes personal reputation from the equation so just by being introduced the amount of griefing, ganking, camping and general ass-hattery will increase substantially. "You rolled on a PvP realm" might be a technically correct observation, but everyone spouting that is missing the real issue here. Gankers before CRZ were 'known gankers', and you could anticipate what they would be up to. These days its a pure free for all.
    Not all gankers were "known gankers" and it doesn't change the fact that they would gank. It doesn't change the fact that if someone is ganking you call in the Calvary, they're not waiting around for that "known ganker" to show up because while you might be able to anicipate what they would be up to you can't anticipate where. People will still eventually get 'blacklisted' and put on KOS lists. It just might take a bit longer.

*Blizzard went through the entire levelling experience and removed any requirement for multiple people to team together in order to level. No more group quests. No more challenging mobs or elites. So to put it blatantly, what is the point? 'Intended population levels' sounds like corporate speak to me in order to cover their own backsides. If there is an 'intended population level', it was very likely introduced recently and specifically to justify their CRZ proposal, or in response to the wave of criticism that people weren't leaving their capital cities any more and focusing solely on instanced PvE or PvP.
    [/quote]

See my first response. The last part of your response though is starting to sound very "Tinfoil hat" like.

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    How does this matter? If you roll on a pvp server, you're accepting the fact that somebody can camp you like they are.
    Well yes it does matter, it's the same issue of LFG/LFR: people being assholes because they are not paying the social price anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Wow...fifteen pages of people arguing about the same thing they've been arguing about in every other thread that's been made on this issue. Impressive.

That being said, I don't agree with CRZ and haven't since they implemented it. I sincerely doubt that the people who thus yell "Go roll on a pve server!" as the sole response to anyone who complains about CRZ on their pvp server have yet tried to level a new character since it came out.

Yes, I play on a PvP server, and yes, I don't like CRZ. I also rolled a fresh monk a few weeks after the expansion launched and have experienced everything people have talked about. In the lower zones, while trying to quest I was met with tons of people of my own faction and the inability to even find quest mobs to kill or nodes to level since they were all already taken. As I went on, I found several zones that were camped non-stop by 90s of the opposite faction...flying around on their flying mounts dropping down out of the sky to one shot level 30s or level 60s over and over. I will never grasp the reasoning behind this. If you're 90 in full pvp gear, why exactly are you hanging out in a lowbie area for hours just to one shot people that can't defend themselves?

All in all, it's not a simple case to just tell people "Go roll a pve server". I've played on both sides of my extremely low population, faction extremely unbalanced server since I started playing the game six years ago. When I rolled on the server it was pretty balanced and a decent population...and as I've leveled more and more characters there over the years in relative peace, and found friends and guilds that I like to play with, I've stayed. Now leveling has been tossed into chaos because CRZ was brought into the mix.

Someone doesn't like CRZ and your solution to them is nothing more than "Ha! You don't like it? Go leave your guild, all your friends, all your characters and the server you've been on since nearly the start of the game and play pve!" If you're one of the gankers, you probably don't realize it but that's what you're making the people you're camping have to go do anyways...instead of questing they're forced to level mostly in dungeons. From the sounds of it, pve server CRZ wouldn't help the issue anyways since everyone is always fighting over nodes and quest mobs.

I kind of doubt this feature will stop being a point of contention amongst players for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Not all gankers were "known gankers" and it doesn't change the fact that they would gank. It doesn't change the fact that if someone is ganking you call in the Calvary, they're not waiting around for that "known ganker" to show up because while you might be able to anicipate what they would be up to you can't anticipate where. People will still eventually get 'blacklisted' and put on KOS lists. It just might take a bit longer.
    I doubt this will be possible on the scale of players we're talking about, you are likely to not meet that player anymore and he will be "unpunished".
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Group with someone on a PvE server, as long as they are the leader - and you dont group with more PvP players than PvE, you will be able to enjoy leveling worry-free.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    It will be said over and over...

You rolled on a pvp server.
    He said that he's used to, and okay with being ganked. But he can't respawn at all.
    Are you saying that it's his fault for this rogue to be camping him for 2 hours?
    Blizzard used to temporarily ban players for doing that, but now they don't do a damn thing. I don't really mind CRZ, but that's because I play on a PvE server. All too often I see people complaining of CRZ making them get ganked for hours.

I just fail to see how that's fair. PvP server or not.
    I am American mentally, with Japanese tendencies.

Quote Originally Posted by capitano666 View Post
    I doubt this will be possible on the scale of players we're talking about, you are likely to not meet that player anymore and he will be "unpunished".
    So what?

The "social price" has NEVER stopped ganking. It has always been part of the game. There was often no "justice" and no way to get back at a player even before CRZ.

The only real way to combat PK'ing is to meet it with superior force or skill, and that's what you accept when you roll on a PvP server. If you can't take him on there and then, res at the spirit healer. Or log to an alt. Call some buddies. What you don't do is lie there for 2 hours accepting the situation.

Nothing to do with CRZ.

The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    Wow...fifteen pages of people arguing about the same thing they've been arguing about in every other thread that's been made on this issue. Impressive.

That being said, I don't agree with CRZ and haven't since they implemented it. I sincerely doubt that the people who thus yell "Go roll on a pve server!" as the sole response to anyone who complains about CRZ on their pvp server have yet tried to level a new character since it came out.

Yes, I play on a PvP server, and yes, I don't like CRZ. I also rolled a fresh monk a few weeks after the expansion launched and have experienced everything people have talked about. In the lower zones, while trying to quest I was met with tons of people of my own faction and the inability to even find quest mobs to kill or nodes to level since they were all already taken. As I went on, I found several zones that were camped non-stop by 90s of the opposite faction...flying around on their flying mounts dropping down out of the sky to one shot level 30s or level 60s over and over. I will never grasp the reasoning behind this. If you're 90 in full pvp gear, why exactly are you hanging out in a lowbie area for hours just to one shot people that can't defend themselves?

All in all, it's not a simple case to just tell people "Go roll a pve server". I've played on both sides of my extremely low population, faction extremely unbalanced server since I started playing the game six years ago. When I rolled on the server it was pretty balanced and a decent population...and as I've leveled more and more characters there over the years in relative peace, and found friends and guilds that I like to play with, I've stayed. Now leveling has been tossed into chaos because CRZ was brought into the mix.

Someone doesn't like CRZ and your solution to them is nothing more than "Ha! You don't like it? Go leave your guild, all your friends, all your characters and the server you've been on since nearly the start of the game and play pve!" If you're one of the gankers, you probably don't realize it but that's what you're making the people you're camping have to go do anyways...instead of questing they're forced to level mostly in dungeons. From the sounds of it, pve server CRZ wouldn't help the issue anyways since everyone is always fighting over nodes and quest mobs.

I kind of doubt this feature will stop being a point of contention amongst players for quite some time.
    tbh i completely agree with this i started playing in late be was i was ganked same in woltk, that was fine BUT I WAS NEVER CORPSE CAMPED TILL I DECIDED TO TRY PLAYING A MONK WHEN MOP STARTED 5 90's ganking anything half their lvl that move and then goes to hide when ever a toon the same lvl as them appears isn't pvp in anyway what so every and yes i am on a pvp serve,

Quote Originally Posted by xsublymonalx View Post
    He said that he's used to, and okay with being ganked. But he can't respawn at all.
    Are you saying that it's his fault for this rogue to be camping him for 2 hours?
    Blizzard used to temporarily ban players for doing that, but now they don't do a damn thing. I don't really mind CRZ, but that's because I play on a PvE server. All too often I see people complaining of CRZ making them get ganked for hours.

I just fail to see how that's fair. PvP server or not.
    Yes, it is exactly his fault. You can't "get" ganked for hours unless you choose to play to the enemy's advantage.

Call some friends. If you don't have any, make some. Res at the spirit healer. Or, you know, re-roll on a PvE server.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydenkor View Post
    There is an EXTREMELY easy fix to this.

Get a realid/battle tag friend on a PVE server, have them invite you. Wham, your on a PVE server, enjoy
    This is the best suggestion i've seen, yet instead of searching for a proper way around this people just choose to come here, say as many expletives as they can, and just rage about how PvP happens on a PvP server :S

Also, buy some potions of invisibility off the AH, they help if you ress and pop one you can make it abit further away at least
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

Mechagnome
    the posts in this topic really makes me realise just how fucking shitty the wow community has gotten

All of you guys are fucking retarded. This is not a pvp issue. That is camping/harrassment etc. which goes against ToS. OP, dont listen to these morons and report any player camping spawn areas.

Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-16 at 05:41 PM.

All of you guys are fucking retarded. This is not a pvp issue. That is camping/harrassment etc. which goes against ToS. OP, dont listen to these morons and report any player camping spawn areas.
    Ganking is not actionable on PvP Servers.
    A storm is on the horizon, and I’m standing here alone
    Got a pistol on my hip an' it's gon' be some shit, so if you want it then bring it on
    See, I'm a motherfuckin' soldier and I’mma be here 'til it’s done
    And when they asking who I'm is, shit, you just tell them that I’m the one

Quote Originally Posted by pse7en View Post
    Some guy came into the supermarket today and kept slapping me in the face. I just made a complaint to the store owner because it must be against their ToS.

All my friends just stood by and watched, and I didn't leave the store. Just stood there for 2 hours...

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    So what?

The "social price" has NEVER stopped ganking. It has always been part of the game. There was often no "justice" and no way to get back at a player even before CRZ.

The only real way to combat PK'ing is to meet it with superior force or skill, and that's what you accept when you roll on a PvP server. If you can't take him on there and then, res at the spirit healer. Or log to an alt. Call some buddies. What you don't do is lie there for 2 hours accepting the situation.

Nothing to do with CRZ.
    Yes, social price used to be part of the game, but now it is gone. I don't know about your experience but in mine campers quickly became KoS for everyone, it effectively worked to make them think twice.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Group with someone on a PvE server, as long as they are the leader - and you dont group with more PvP players than PvE, you will be able to enjoy leveling worry-free.
    The problem is that not everyone has friends on PvE servers.

In any case, my biggest gripe with CRZ is the sharing of resources. It really annoys me going for a node and seeing like five people from different servers go for it as well. And also, it makes things like Crucible of Carnage VERY annoying. I went there yesterday to try to do it, but there were three full groups of alliance players there (all of them from different servers) trying to do the quests, and any time I would try, the 90s would come down and kill me.

My OTHER problem with CRZ is the dismounting issue. This is making two-seater mounts very annoyingly useless, as when I would try to bring someone somewhere, I'm constantly plagued by CRZ phasing dismounting them. Personally, I just feel that CRZ has done more harm than help.

Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    the posts in this topic really makes me realise just how fucking shitty the wow community has gotten
    And your contribution has clearly improved the WoW community. Sincerely, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    I didn't know about this...what happens to the PvE player if they are not the leader?