Thread: CRZ is stupid

Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    its nice to see others there yes but not when the only people you see are double your level and just want to kill you coz they suck at real pvp

be4 any1 says a thing real pvp is RBGs and arena
    And this is what I mean by that you can't define PvP outside of Player vs Player, everyone has their own opinion of what it really is... Some claim only Rated Battleground, some only Arena, some only those two, some only those with a minimum rating, some all battlegrounds, and some only organized raids of Horde vs Alliance... PvP is player vs player no matter the level, simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    its nice to see others there yes but not when the only people you see are double your level and just want to kill you coz they suck at real pvp

be4 any1 says a thing real pvp is RBGs and arena
    ^^This.^^

There's not much PvP in WoW, and what is considered PvP is a joke in other games that play it for keeps. It's simply carebear PvP.

"But, but, but you don't have a 2500 rating!". Because I don't care too. After seeing what people were doing to get there -- and not by skill but cheating (and anyone who PvPed in this game know it happens, from MMR exploits to win trading) -- it became even more meaningless.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Awe View Post
    Its funny how PvE servers gets even less from this CRZ "feature" as all it changes is more people taking your mobs and nodes. There is absolutely nothing positive PvE realms gain from CRZ now that there are no group quests. And on PvP realms people who profit from it mostly are griefers and a****. Really, magnificent "feature".
    It's really not "your" nods or mobs since you also fade into the CRZ. The spawn rate of both npc's and nodes has also been adjusted to compensate for the increased activity of players, you were never meant to have a whole zone for yourself in terms of gathering.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 08:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    ^^This.^^

There's not much PvP in WoW, and what is considered PvP is a joke in other games that play it for keeps. It's simply carebear PvP.

"But, but, but you don't have a 2500 rating!". Because I don't care too. After seeing what people were doing to get there -- and not by skill but cheating (and anyone who PvPed in this game know it happens, from MMR exploits to win trading) -- it became even more meaningless.
    I've never been able to take WoW PvP seriously because Blizzard can never get around to fixing such issues as the one you mentioned, and other such as class balance. If you want real competitive PvP I would suggest to look for another game that has that as its main focus.
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2012-11-17 at 07:18 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuulikki 27 View Post
    Isn't it nice to have people out in the zones tho? big deal if you have to fight alil more for nodes or mobs, I like seeing other people around, even if they are jacking my herbs!
    It'd be much nicer if they were people that I could recognize rather than people from servers that I've never had any desire to play on. People complain so much about realm community, and all this did was make realm community worse. Now instead of having no personal realm community, you still have no personal realm community and you end up hating about half the other servers in the game. As a best, example, I don't think I've encountered a single person from Khaz Modan (US) that isn't a selfish prick. I never once even had a character on that server and I already hate that place...just because of CRZ. At least without CRZ I would only have to deal with the selfish pricks from my own server.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Yeah, somebody from YOUR server.
    That is a horrible excuse. It doesn't matter what server they are from, they are the opposite faction & you can't communicate with them. What benefit do you gain from them being on your server? NONE. Without CRZ there is no world PvP & camping like the old days... this is the way PvP servers should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    It's really not "your" nods or mobs since you also fade into the CRZ. The spawn rate of both npc's and nodes has also been adjusted to compensate for the increased activity of players, you were never meant to have a whole zone for yourself in terms of gathering.
    Whats the difference what was ment? It was also not ment for me to be richer from Bill Gates but if that would somehow happen, it would be pretty cool for me, wouldnt it? The fact is, CRZ is step backward in terms of game enjoyment on PvE realms. If they wanted this "feature" to make me feel better while playing, it clearly failed (and yes, I am on PvE realm, transfered years ago due to ganking - I guess on PvP realm it would be even worse since I am not one of those people who enjoy ganking or being ganked). I could understand if Blizzard needs to cut down costs and thanks to CRZ they can limit the server costs. But then CRZ can qualify as a budget cutting compromise and last time I checked, Blizzard still earns tons of money from subs so I dont know if that whole CRZ is really necessary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Awe View Post
    Whats the difference what was ment? It was also not ment for me to be richer from Bill Gates but if that would somehow happen, it would be pretty cool for me, wouldnt it? The fact is, CRZ is step backward in terms of game enjoyment on PvE realms. If they wanted this "feature" to make me feel better while playing, it clearly failed (and yes, I am on PvE realm, transfered years ago due to ganking - I guess on PvP realm it would be even worse since I am not one of those people who enjoy ganking or being ganked). I could understand if Blizzard needs to cut down costs and thanks to CRZ they can limit the server costs. But then CRZ can qualify as a budget cutting compromise and last time I checked, Blizzard still earns tons of money from subs so I dont know if that whole CRZ is really necessary.
    A lot of people find more enjoyment however from CRZ. A lot of people enjoy actually seeing other people running around doing the same quests you are, even if you don't directly interact with them. Hell I found it awesome to encounter two Alliance on my rogue in Hinterlands, even if I wasn't strong enough to kill both of them it was fun to know that there were other players in the area, compared to before when each and every zone was a wasteland.

I don't think Blizzard made CRZ to save money, I don't really see how it would. I think it was just another of those crazy ideas the developers had when they looked at how empty all the old zones were compared to how it used to be when they thrived with players leveling.

And it does matter how much ore nodes they intended per player per zone, since that's what they balanced all the professions etc around. If you have your own personal farming zone, completely uncontested, then that's far more beneficial than originally designed and would have to be changed one way or the other anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Boo fucking hoo.

I just wish that people like you finally unsubscribe and let us play the game in it's intended style

You are a moron.

Why do you even WANT "people like me" as part of your gameplay experience (i.e. why do you want people who don't want to be included in CRZ in your CRZ experience?)?

Like seriously I'm amazed that air doesn't elude you as the point clearly has with such astounding ease that I wouldn't bat an eyelash at your personal failure to breath due to lack of inhalation.

Infracted - ML
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-11-17 at 08:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    That is a horrible excuse. It doesn't matter what server they are from, they are the opposite faction & you can't communicate with them. What benefit do you gain from them being on your server? NONE. Without CRZ there is no world PvP & camping like the old days... this is the way PvP servers should be.
    What?

So throw the baby out with the bathwater just to support one playstyle? Selfish much?

CRZ affects every realm, be it PvE, RP, PvP. It turned what was left of a community into a permanent LFG system...and for appearances (the world is more full of people, and not shut down dead realms).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    Read my comments that are literally one post above your quoted response. THAT is what world PvP should be. Not this garbage they're tossing at us now. There's no connection to it, which is probably why more people are complaining about it. If you were any kind of old school player, you'd understand what world PvP really SHOULD be. This is the exact opposite.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    That's like saying on a playground with bullies there's no reason for others to be on the playground because bullies exist.

Illogical thinking.
    Think Sparta or Hyboria or something: If this were a world where there were two playgrounds, one that allowed bullies and encouraged fights and another that didn't, and you wandered onto the playground where the bullies were and then complained about how many fights you got into, that would be your problem. WoW as a game has specific places where certain types of game behavior are both OK and encouraged.

If you don't like them, stay away from them.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I only read 2 things about LFR in the last time:

1.) FU BLIZZ, I WANT TO QUEST SOLO IN AN MMO AND NOW THERE ARE PLAYERS WHO TAKE MY MOB/NODE AWAY!!!

This is an MMO, if you want to take all mobs/nodes yourself, play skyrim.

2.) HOW STUPID IS BLIZZ, I DON'T WANT TO PVP ON AN PVP-SERVER AND NOW THERE ARE PLAYERS IN THE OLD WORLD ZONES!!!

*sigh*

I think that CRZ is not as hated as everyone of the VERY LOUD hater-faction want to assume us. I quested in old zones, i farmed there, yes, there are more player now, but i can live with that that sometimes someone take my npc or node away. The only problem are bots, but they are only a problem because there are a lot of stupid people who buys it.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    I only read 2 things about LFR in the last time:

1.) FU BLIZZ, I WANT TO QUEST SOLO IN AN MMO AND NOW THERE ARE PLAYERS WHO TAKE MY MOB/NODE AWAY!!!

This is an MMO, if you want to take all mobs/nodes yourself, play skyrim.

2.) HOW STUPID IS BLIZZ, I DON'T WANT TO PVP ON AN PVP-SERVER AND NOW THERE ARE PLAYERS IN THE OLD WORLD ZONES!!!

*sigh*

I think that CRZ is not as hated as everyone of the VERY LOUD hater-faction want to assume us. I quested in old zones, i farmed there, yes, there are more player now, but i can live with that that sometimes someone take my npc or node away. The only problem are bots, but they are only a problem because there are a lot of stupid people who buys it.
    how about 3.) STUPID BLIZZ, I DON'T WANT MY QUESTING ZONE FULL OF BORED LEVEL 90'S THAT JUST WANT TO GANK LOWBIES WHILE LOWBIES ARE QUESTING, THAT'S MY PROBLEM WITH CRZ

but sadly some people consider ganking to be pvp.....
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2012-11-18 at 12:36 AM.

Deleted
    It's not that much better on PvE realms, some 90s were camping quest givers in Hellfire for me today, and they weren't even looking for PvP, they'd just kill them and then fly to safety. This seems to be what people on PvE realms think PvP is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    A lot of people find more enjoyment however from CRZ. A lot of people enjoy actually seeing other people running around doing the same quests you are, even if you don't directly interact with them.
    As it is like now they're but NPCs who can steal your quest kills and gank. The benefits are smaller than what they offer. Just seeing more players isn't the cure to this problem, a better community is.

Coming from EQ2 to WoW isn't only a culture shock it's a shock of knowing people who aren't just into a game for themselves. When you go back to the game years later and people you played with are still there, and you actually remember them. My duo buddy is still there plugging on, guilds are still there, it's very much a snapshot in time (which is how I know an expansion only realm can work, too). I go there the world is how I left it, it's like the home you remember to return too.

Where Blizzard is erring is treating WoW like a FPS. MMOs have ecosystems that are maintained for the entire game life, not wipe the slate clean and start on something new.

As it is like now they're but NPCs who can steal your quest kills and gank. The benefits are smaller than what they offer. Just seeing more players isn't the cure to this problem, a better community is.

Coming from EQ2 to WoW isn't only a culture shock it's a shock of knowing people who aren't just into a game for themselves. When you go back to the game years later and people you played with are still there, and you actually remember them. My duo buddy is still there plugging on, guilds are still there, it's very much a snapshot in time (which is how I know an expansion only realm can work, too). I go there the world is how I left it, it's like the home you remember to return too.

Where Blizzard is erring is treating WoW like a FPS. MMOs have ecosystems that are maintained for the entire game life, not wipe the slate clean and start on something new.
    I love how much you hate Blizzard and how blind you are to the errors of other MMO's. The reason EQ2's community is the way it is is because they don't have the numbers that Blizzard have. If you believe it was all rainbows and gumdrops in EQ2 or even EQ when more people were playing you obviously didn't play then. Hell I can remember people setting up trains to kill players as they zoned into an area or training mobs onto a character who was camping something your buddy needed to camp. Stop with all the Blizzard hate and just move on to another game that will hold your interest for a month or two then hate on it when they make the game better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    I love how much you hate Blizzard
    Stop right there.

You don't define me. Your perceptions are just that...mere fantasy.

Learn the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    The reason EQ2's community is the way it is is because they don't have the numbers that Blizzard have.
    Nope. It's because the community polices itself. EQ2Flames ensures it's across all servers, too -- and there they can tell who name changed or moved to another server.

And no EQ isn't the same as EQ2, and the most of any griefing I ever saw was trying to grab a kill, which for a tank is laughable when he rounds up the entire area as a consequence (especially on Lavastorm's beach in TSO). People there just respects boundaries more, as it's a much more social game.

Meh. I just used CRZ to get to a PvE realm so I could win the gun on the BMAH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Quote Originally Posted by Vattenmelon View Post
    Stop QQ, we finally have a living world, if you get camped, just log out for a while...
    When logging out is the solution to an issue in Wow, something is very wrong. It makes me question your definition of "living world."

Quote Originally Posted by adorich View Post
    When logging out is the solution to an issue in Wow, something is very wrong. It makes me question your definition of "living world."
    Logging out is the solution if the person in question is a pussy who rolled on a wrong realm. Its a solution to fixing user error, not WoW error.

Otherwise, you can easily avoid ganking by employing wits and patience.