Thread: CRZ is stupid

Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So can someone educate me; How cross realm zone is to blame for being camped?

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte View Post
    So can someone educate me; How cross realm zone is to blame for being camped?
    Way more people...? The ability to abandon the server that you're zoned into whenever you want to escape any repercussions?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Look, I know it's frustrating OP, and these clowns have made it their life mission to be gas on a fire, so put aside the rage you feel inside that said clowns have been feeding you over the past 18 pages.....

well there was that ONE guy who actually had a helpful suggestion about having a friend on a pve realm and battletag grouping with him to drag you onto a pve server.
    Does that actually work?
    Really, I dunno anyone on a pve server anyhow, so that could be a moot point for you.

When I lvl (yup, pushing every last class all the way to 90 so I have been around the block a few times this xpac), I have run into issues a few times, but then, I just relog to a different toon that isn;t in that area. Or to one of my 90's, usually a class I know that can hard counter/put up a decent fight.
    And I keep my main near where I am lvling my alts.

Get a drink, preferably a stiff one, picture the rogue ganking people in nothing but socks, and carry on.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    Often the people camping low levels won't engage a 90, or will temporarily abandon the zone as soon as they're killed. It's not fun to watching someone fly around refusing to fight, or a rogue that won't open out of stealth.
    Then maybe we should be suggesting ways to address that instead of crying about CRZ? Work on ways to make PvP happen instead of trying to reduce it.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Then maybe we should be suggesting ways to address that instead of crying about CRZ? Work on ways to make PvP happen instead of trying to reduce it.
    Yeah, addressing that should deal with one of the major CRZ issues. Simple solution, after killing a player you get a 3 minute no-fly debuff that locks you to the server you're on. That doesn't fix rogues, but rogues have been dicks since the beginning of time.

However I still have a couple large issues with CRZ. Herbalism/mining nodes in Outlands and Northrend had their spawn rate reduced several patches ago, and now with CRZ leveling either of those professions, or farming mats to level a different profession is a nightmare. My other issue is with the rare spawn mob achievements for Outlands and Northrend, and how much more difficult it is to find them with this many people, same goes for the TLPD in Storm Peaks, and the mount in Deepholm.

You wanted pvp, you're getting pvp. Ganking might be the very lowest rung of the pvp ladder but you must have known people would be after your blood from the start. Dickheads exist in these games. CRZ offers so many benefits and you think it should be taken away because it means you have to keep your head down on a pvp server? Sorry but I would have thought that to be a given.

"If it's red it's dead" after all.
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    You ain't seen nothin' yet/
    I doubt they will even touch CRZ again. They implemented them to sidestep the 'Dead Realm' issue.

They sound great for a pvp realms but for a pve ones they are a total nightmare. Have you ever tried to get a pigs anus when 14 people from different realms are there doing the same quest? Its no fun i can tell you. Forget about building any gathering proffs. Some level 90 druid from another realm will be having all that.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    CRZ is fine, to be honest, it's rather a L2P issue, a you are on a pvp server so deal with it issue or a plain simple QQ issue.

Really, you could only complain about it if you were a damn farmer, and not even then you'd have a point to complain as respawns are INSANE.

I don't see how so many people can consider ganking low level players as world pvp. I rolled a pvp server so I choose to grind dungeons because until max level competitive world pvp is impossible. Maybe a system where players lost an honor point for killing low level players would decrease the amount of ganking with out affecting competitive world pvp.
    Last edited by zimzum2523; 2012-11-17 at 12:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is the title of this thread still names as such. :\

Could have better wording for the thread.. Swearing and insulting the challenged, because you don't like a feature in a game. /clap

The only people who don't like CRZ are farmers that farm ore and herbs in lower lvl zones. CRZ doesn't effect current lvl zones so personally it doesn't effect me.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zimzum2523 View Post
    I don't see how so many people can consider ganking low level players as world pvp. I rolled a pvp server so I choose to grind dungeons because until max level competitive would pvp is impossible. Maybe a system where players lost an honor point for killing low level players would decrease the amount of ganking with out affecting competitive world pvp.
    Because it is world PvP, it doesn't matter if you personaly don't consider it to be, players killing players is the very definition of PvP
    And you mean the old system of dishonor, where i believe you lost points to killing lowbies, i don't think that would stop anyone, the people that enjoy camping lowbies won't be stopped even if it flatlined their honor each time

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    You do realize that this sort of thing happens all the time and especially did back during BC/Wrath when the servers were ridiculously full. CRZ just brings it back, I'm fine with it. It seems like people who weren't around during those days and started much later are the ones complaining. Hey, now you get a taste of nostalgia. :P
    Right, but during BC we just skipped Hellfire Peninsula and continued leveling, because the jackasses were camping honor hold. With CRZ, every zone is bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    The only people who don't like CRZ are farmers that farm ore and herbs in lower lvl zones. CRZ doesn't effect current lvl zones so personally it doesn't effect me.
    Nope, those trying to raise alts even on PvE realms. There's some areas (e.g., Icecrown to Storm Peaks) you can hit 3 CRZ zones seconds apart, giving you 3x the chances of locked up games waiting on Battle.net to respond. That's what made me quit the most as it was my plan to raise alts during MoP (got MoP to test if Blizzard actually improve it on a trial basis or not, and if it does it'll be nice, if it doesn't I'll report about it on some medium here or elsewhere).

When you can run 3 clients and they crash, yeah, CRZ is a problem no matter what realm or playstyle.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Nope, those trying to raise alts even on PvE realms. There's some areas (e.g., Icecrown to Storm Peaks) you can hit 3 CRZ zones seconds apart, giving you 3x the chances of locked up games waiting on Battle.net to respond. That's what made me quit the most as it was my plan to raise alts during MoP (got MoP to test if Blizzard actually improve it on a trial basis or not, and if it does it'll be nice, if it doesn't I'll report about it on some medium here or elsewhere).

When you can run 3 clients and they crash, yeah, CRZ is a problem no matter what realm or playstyle.
    Come to think of it, when I was leveling I wanted to quest in Nagrand after skipping the hellhole that was Hellfire Peninsula (the ganking is unbelievable) and ended up having to skip the entire area because for some reason my lag was horrible in Nagrand even though I was fine everywhere else.

I didn't think about it at the time but I believe I can attribute that to CRZ now. Anytime I try to go back there the same thing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    Come to think of it, when I was leveling I wanted to quest in Nagrand after skipping the hellhole that was Hellfire Peninsula (the ganking is unbelievable) and ended up having to skip the entire area because for some reason my lag was horrible in Nagrand even though I was fine everywhere else.

I didn't think about it at the time but I believe I can attribute that to CRZ now. Anytime I try to go back there the same thing happens.
    You going to blame it for the loot you wanting to drop not dropping as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post

Bull shit.

No one reported this and frankly what do you mean with running 3 clients ? From one computer?

Your post is a vague as possible, as usual, coming from someone who makes thousands of negative posts on a daily basis.

----

Get over it: open world across server play will make WoW an ever lasting experience with fully populated worlds.

And this simply puts your old theory about slowly dying servers out of the window in the long run.

The best part is that you know that and so will try to hide it by posting some answers in no man's land.

Shrug: Blizzard opened the Pandora box of ever lasting fully populated open world play and no hating troll will be able to do anything about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    You going to blame it for the loot you wanting to drop not dropping as well?
    Your sarcasm is unwarranted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhas View Post
    Or is it..
    -puts on glasses-
    getting rolled on a pvp server...

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Well played. I lol'd
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    Your sarcasm is unwarranted.
    Not sarcasm I fully expect you to whine, bitch, and moan that CRZ took your purples.