1. #1

    Shadow Priest PvP

    Hi, I have a few questions about shadow priest in PvP. I can see that when we have our free casts we are pretty op in PvP but when in arenas and other teams keep pressure on you, How do you deal with it ? When a warrior or a dk chases you it is nearly impossible to cast and w/o cast i can not get vt or mb. how am I supposed to deal with that ? I generally fade to block charges or grip(dunno if 2nd works actually) root the chaser and get free casts while fear. swp all opponents and pray for instant casts. And disarm when available. What do you think i can do to be able to keep more pressure while being chased ?

  2. #2
    As i have said in another thread, Shadow is great for general PvP, BGs and RBGs, but in Arena, just dont even try.
    Yes, Void Tendrils is the way forward, but besides that, you need someone to carry you even at low rating.
    Shadow is broken in 2v2, and once the PvP Power nerf for healing is implemented i dont think even 3v3 would be much use.

  3. #3
    so blizz simply says us not to play priest if we wanna do pvp ?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyro View Post
    so blizz simply says us not to play priest if we wanna do pvp ?
    Shadowpriest is amazing in 3s, with frostmage and restodruid. It's called "Godcomp" for a reason.

  5. #5
    Just respond the main question guys.

    Im feeling just like u OP.
    If trained, cant cast.
    Fears against warriors since they are 90% of the melees nowadays, is the worst cc we have against them, because of rages/imunities.
    Our peel affects directly our damage and since this is lacking we have nothing to do. Silence is fine.
    I just wonder someone how to deal as Spriest.
    God Comp is nice but i cant realize the way the shadow priest do so much damage like they said when I cant cast a single fuck Mind blast.

  6. #6
    that's the problem. i am looking for good priest streamers but i can not find. can you share if you know

  7. #7
    I don't know of any sorry

  8. #8
    I can not even think of playing disc.
    This game is more boring than fun these days.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfyseven View Post
    As i have said in another thread, Shadow is great for general PvP, BGs and RBGs, but in Arena, just dont even try.
    Yes, Void Tendrils is the way forward, but besides that, you need someone to carry you even at low rating.
    Shadow is broken in 2v2, and once the PvP Power nerf for healing is implemented i dont think even 3v3 would be much use.
    You got to be kidding me Shadowpriest is insane right now, our dmg, sustain and healing peeoow.. amazing. I have to agree that being chased by double melee is a pain in the ***, and worst of em all is warriors. But I feel they are solving some issues by fixing avatar en not to mention gag order. Its gonna be a huge buff for casters in general, or nerf for warriors, depends on your view.

    Then again, its a good idea, atleast until p 5.1, to play with a mage or something that can peel for you, but shadow is viable by far in arena. Currently the best caster imo.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobbx View Post
    You got to be kidding me Shadowpriest is insane right now, our dmg, sustain and healing peeoow.. amazing. I have to agree that being chased by double melee is a pain in the ***, and worst of em all is warriors. But I feel they are solving some issues by fixing avatar en not to mention gag order. Its gonna be a huge buff for casters in general, or nerf for warriors, depends on your view.

    Then again, its a good idea, atleast until p 5.1, to play with a mage or something that can peel for you, but shadow is viable by far in arena. Currently the best caster imo.
    I think the same applies for pretty much all casters. :P

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Aminance View Post
    Just respond the main question guys.

    Im feeling just like u OP.
    If trained, cant cast.
    Fears against warriors since they are 90% of the melees nowadays, is the worst cc we have against them, because of rages/imunities.
    Our peel affects directly our damage and since this is lacking we have nothing to do. Silence is fine.
    I just wonder someone how to deal as Spriest.
    God Comp is nice but i cant realize the way the shadow priest do so much damage like they said when I cant cast a single fuck Mind blast.
    So you say respond to the main question, then procede to rant and not answer it yourself? D:

    OT: I try to get my partners to peel as much as possible FOR me and let me bash out some numbers, Frost mage is really good at it now with the 8 second dispels
    i require ham.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnai123 View Post
    So you say respond to the main question, then procede to rant and not answer it yourself? D:
    im not that good son ;-;

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyro View Post
    Hi, I have a few questions about shadow priest in PvP. I can see that when we have our free casts we are pretty op in PvP but when in arenas and other teams keep pressure on you, How do you deal with it ? When a warrior or a dk chases you it is nearly impossible to cast and w/o cast i can not get vt or mb. how am I supposed to deal with that ? I generally fade to block charges or grip(dunno if 2nd works actually) root the chaser and get free casts while fear. swp all opponents and pray for instant casts. And disarm when available. What do you think i can do to be able to keep more pressure while being chased ?
    I don't really PvP but these are the abilities I use against melees usually..

    PW:S
    PoM, Renew
    Dispersion
    Psychic Scream
    Psyfiend/Void Tendrils
    Vampiric Embrace

  14. #14
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyro View Post
    that's the problem. i am looking for good priest streamers but i can not find. can you share if you know
    i dont know if he streams but talbadar(i dont think thats the right spelling but, hes the only god mode spriest i can think of)


  15. #15
    The Patient aetti morkna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew View Post
    Shadowpriest is amazing in 3s, with frostmage and restodruid. It's called "Godcomp" for a reason.
    Well, yeah, but with that comp you have peels all day.

    The issue is how to deal with melee that can go immune to fears. I finally got rid of psyfiend and opted to go with void tendrils, because it gives you a chance.

    This has kind of always been a problem with shadow priest. This is the first expansion I've played as one, but I've always known as shadow priest to be the class that if you ignore, he'll melt your face in a matter of seconds, but if you focus them, easy kill.

    Personally, I love being a gnome because escape artist in addition to phantasm gives me two ways to break snares, it can help. However, not having a reliable snare of our own (mind flay hardly counts) is a major weakness.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfyseven View Post
    As i have said in another thread, Shadow is great for general PvP, BGs and RBGs, but in Arena, just dont even try.
    Yes, Void Tendrils is the way forward, but besides that, you need someone to carry you even at low rating.
    Shadow is broken in 2v2, and once the PvP Power nerf for healing is implemented i dont think even 3v3 would be much use.
    Gotta be the most rediculous quote ive seen in a while. Spriests are the top caster behind mages. Insane survivability, insane offheals, solid damage, more fears than all the other classes combined.

    Heres the deal: If all the melee are on you, then they arent on your mage, and therefore they lose. Simple as that. Your job is to survive and throw up dots and drop instants when you have them and cc when you can but mostly let your mage rape everyone if they decide to sit on you. Seriously playing against shatterplay, if we switch to the spriest for more than 10 seconds without swapping back to the mage, we usually lose on the spot.

  17. #17
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Aerie Peak, U.S Alliance
    Posts
    37
    I don't have any issue with my SP in arena or BG's. I am so far at 20% haste, 57% resi, 21% pvp power. I have a hard time solo killing a frost mage who is carrying a flag in wsg etc...but thats about it so far. I run 2's with a ret pally with similar gear. It seems double hybrid is the way to go with 2s right now. If we are fighting a double meele group and they go for me on the start, just use vamp embrace, fear, pop dots and mind flay your hear out. Your ret pally should be able to do enough dps between the 15 secs of embrace for you to survive. You have so many utilities to survive as a SP. We have both downed double BM hunter groups and double arms group and fury groups. Tough yes, but close, you should be able to survive long enough just to let your dots some of your dps kill ONE, and yes your ret is going to have to do the brunt of the damage. Who cares how you win, at least you won. Its not being carried, it's letting your partner WTF pwn people who are trying to kill a liltte ol SP hehe

    Happy PVPing,
    Durka

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •