Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Relic of Xuen nerfed

    Live: When you deliver a melee or ranged critical strike, you have a chance to gain Blessing of the Celestials, increasing your Agility by 3,027 for 15 sec.
    PTR: When you deliver a melee or ranged critical strike, you have a chance to gain Blessing of the Celestials, increasing your Agility by 2,682 for 15 sec.

    EDIT EDIT: Datamining error, the nerf was a change to allow better challenge mode scaling. You may now put down your pitchforks and retreat to your caves.
    Last edited by gulder; 2012-11-14 at 06:45 AM.

  2. #2
    The sky is falling the sky is falling!!!!!!!!!!!


    They were too strong and over shadowed HEROIC trinkets (Heroic raid trinkets)

    Nerfs suck, but we still get to increase its stats twice with valor so it'll probably go back to how it was then one step better possibily
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    Nerfs suck, but we still get to increase its stats twice with valor so it'll probably go back to how it was then one step better possibily
    We get to upgrade trinkets too?

    That's.... a weird decision.

  4. #4
    Old God Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    10,057
    As Nekrosislol has pointed out, you can just go ahead and upgrade it again with your Justice Points / Valor Points in the next patch.

    I'm a little sad about the nerfs overall, because I bought my Chi Ji Trinket just the other day, but it is hardly going to cripple everyone who has them. I'm sure their BiS Ranking wont change much or at all. They're still very nice, and with the upgrades they would've been far too powerful.

  5. #5
    Losing 400 agility on the proc is 'nerfed to pointlessness'?

    Am I missing something or are you grossly exaggerating to be sensationalist?

    The trinkets are still fantastic, but now they aren't clear winners over HEROIC raid trinkets. That sounds about right to me.

  6. #6
    My understanding is you get to upgrade anything you want above a certain ilvl. Like how an item has to be x ilvl before you can reforge it.

    I think this change is to make it a good trinket but not one that will be better then the 509 heroic trinkets (or was it 502?)


    Right now I believe its BiS for most people
    BoE BiS > BoE bis upgrade 1 > BoE BiS upgrade 2
    What they want is the heroic raid trinkets to be upgradable and better/competitve with the dmf ones

    But thats just theory so who knows.
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Losing 400 agility on the proc is 'nerfed to pointlessness'?

    Am I missing something or are you grossly exaggerating to be sensationalist?

    The trinkets are still fantastic, but now they aren't clear winners over HEROIC raid trinkets. That sounds about right to me.
    You're missing the fact that most of us overpaid/farmed like crazy because they were labelled as BiS. I couldn't care less about a trinket worth 80k on week one if it's equivalent to an LFR trink I can pick up by being lucky. BiS? Yes, I need that. Nerfing it by this much makes it pointless in comparison to all the other trinks that are available.

    Of course this was written assuming that trinks would not be upgradable. Not sure what sense this thread makes in light of that.

  8. #8
    With an average uptime of 25% the trincket used to average out to 1712agi. With the nerf its going to be something more like 1650 agi....

  9. #9
    Anyone saying "you can just upgrade it", apply logic.
    If current BiS with this is (and it should be) Bottle of Stars and Terror in the Mists, then being able to upgrade the DMC 8 ilvls won't change that - because you can also upgrade Bottle and Terror 8 ilvls, and the scenario will be exactly the same, as it's the same ilvl difference.
    Dick move blizzard, dick move.

  10. #10
    Stood in the Fire Syfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Howling Fjord
    Posts
    393
    You expected them to make it beneficial over their usual trend of fucking everything good for us?
    Come on we know better than that, anything beneficial or and worthwhile will eventually get turned to shit as always, that's been Blizz's trend always.

  11. #11
    So they nerf this trinket already, while it took them an entire expansion to not nerf DMC: Volcano and keep it bis for most casters the entire expansion? Blizzard and their twisted way of trying to tune everything and failing horribly at it lol.

  12. #12
    Good, maybe prices will drop and I can replace my shitty brewfest trinket.

  13. #13
    Grunt Marilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Malmö, Sweden
    Posts
    14
    Don't use agility then, we all need more strength!

  14. #14
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    920
    can anyone ever tell me a time when darkmoon card trinkets weren't BiS (or close) in an expac, its only after the 1st 2 tiers that they become worthless, now its more likely just gonna be this one. I literally just finished my deck too, expecting a close to bis trinket for my lvl of play. Then again means i can just put on a crit trinket with my lei shens
    18 - 9 - 2012 Find the significance in this date, and you will also find the revitalization of the best game ever.

  15. #15
    nah, it's only measly 13k gold with guild discount for me. Why now nerf? /shrugs

  16. #16
    The Lightbringer Santti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Anyone saying "you can just upgrade it", apply logic.
    If current BiS with this is (and it should be) Bottle of Stars and Terror in the Mists, then being able to upgrade the DMC 8 ilvls won't change that - because you can also upgrade Bottle and Terror 8 ilvls, and the scenario will be exactly the same, as it's the same ilvl difference.
    Dick move blizzard, dick move.
    While true, won't upgrading the Xuen have larger impact on it than upgrading any other trinket? No other trinket gives nothing but primary stats, meaning putting 8ilvl on it gives larger dps boost than putting 8ilvl on any other trinket. Of course, this will vary between specs, but I'd imagine this is true for most specs.

    So maybe Xuen is better when maxed than any other trinket when maxed?
    Last edited by Santti; 2012-11-13 at 12:31 PM.

  17. #17
    they prob want us to replace them in the next tier of normal raids, its 5.1 the nerf hits them anyway thank god its not a hotfix or i would be a sad panda :d

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    So they nerf this trinket already, while it took them an entire expansion to not nerf DMC: Volcano and keep it bis for most casters the entire expansion? Blizzard and their twisted way of trying to tune everything and failing horribly at it lol.

    Always going to be a lose/lose situation for Blizzard because of this thinking. Stupid to leave it great for an expansion and stupid to change it early.

    I'm not going to defend Blizz over this and their seeming complete lack of forethought, but that's the real problem here. Consistency and forethought.

    If for a series of expansions you establish DMCs as BiS for huge periods of time spanning tiers of content you either need to establish a change at the very beginning of an expansion, or remain consistent. Any deviation part way through is just going to annoy anyone who thought, fairly sensibly, that the trinket was a worthy investment considering how long they had remained useful in the past.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    While true, won't upgrading the Xuen have larger impact on it than upgrading any other trinket? No other trinket gives nothing but primary stats, meaning putting 8ilvl on it gives larger dps boost than putting 8ilvl on any other trinket. Of course, this will vary between specs, but I'd imagine this is true for most specs.
    It will, but the terror+bottle combo was already like... 200 DPS ahead of DMC. So with the nerf, I'm quite sure it'll not make up for it.

  20. #20
    Those darkmoon trinkets are too strong... I just wish I hadn't spent about 80-90k on mine to have it by the 1st darkmoon festival of MOP if it was going to be no better than the valor trinket.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •