Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by titan972 View Post
    Of course the world is exactly the same as it was in WW2 right?...nothing has changed at all correct? The Japanese and the Germans would have never used the bomb in WW2 if they had the chance I suppose...

Are you really that naive?
    They probably wouldn't have used them if they knew there were other countries that would instantly fire nukes at them and wipe them off the map.

Any country that would use a nuclear bomb right now as a first strike is asking to be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    In short, that lunatic we see on TV shouting obscenities about America holds about as much sway in his country's foreign policy as Todd Akin holds in the role of Women's Health.
    God-willing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Uhh.....

Just as an example to illustrate,
    10 countries out of 20 have nukes, 10/20, = 1/2
    6/20 countries have nukes, 3/10, = 1/3

So....do you understand now? (Have you ever taken probability or data management or math?) 'X' +1 is greater than 'X', therefore the chance of 'X' is higher than before. Applying it to this situation means the risk of a nuke going off increases. It doesn't stay the same.
    Well that is if you assume that the chance that someone will fire their WMD are independent of eachother. This logical assumption you have made is faulty by definition since we do now know if it is independent. If it is then your argument holds true if not then we have no way of saying that X+1 > X. It could be even so that if Iran had a WMD then the chances of a WMD disaster would shrink because all countries chances are dependent on eachother in such a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I don't think there's a whole lot of evidence out there that would bring you to that conclusion.
    I tend to air on the side of caution in everything I do. I'd rather be too cautious than not cautious enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I always thought Iran was more equivalent to a miniature theocratic USA. Most of the Iranians I've known have been remarkably like Americans, much moreso than Europeans living in the US.
    Most people think Iran is like Afghanistan. They really have no idea what Iran looks like in reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah.... Ahmadinejad is a smart and crazy man. But he holds no real political power in Iran.

The President of Iran is not analogous to the President of the United States.

The President of Iran is not only underneath the Ayatollah Khamenei, he pretty much has to ask permission to fart from The Guardian Council which is, surprisingly, comprised of 6 Islamic appointees as well as 6 secular authorities.

In short, that lunatic we see on TV shouting obscenities about America holds about as much sway in his country's foreign policy as Todd Akin holds in the role of Women's Health.
    The Iranian political system is fascinating. It's a shame that it is so poorly understood by most people in the West. It would probably cool a lot of heads to find out the many layers of political control there actually are there.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lazymangaka View Post
    Maybe the ones among us who do not wish to be right are the flawed ones.
    Hehe yes we are unique. you're opinion, mine? who knows. hopefully we will get off this chunk of rock some day and find the answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    God-willing.
    No, it's pretty much a guarantee.

The only thing keeping Ahmadinejad in power is the fact that is hate-mongering is exactly why the Iranian people allow him to stay in power. They're afraid of us, as well they should be with our history of War before Diplomacy. In reality, he is both so unpopular among the masses for his domestic policy and increasingly involved in a power struggle with the Ayatollah that political experts don't expect him to finish a second term.

If the US stops putting so much pressure on Iran they'll probably lynch him in under a year.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by srathgar View Post
    imo Iran is dangerous due to the fact that it is a country led by highly religious people/extremists, to whom going to your own death in battle means becomming a martyr. I do not have a problem in general with islam (dont want it to be religious debate but not rly any way going around it) but letting a bunch of wackjobs who believe that suicide bombing is gonna make them martyrs something as terrifying as a nuclear bomb. Sure that may not be Iran itself but if the leader is borderline insane, then what would stop him from considering giving it to terrorists and use them as a means to really wreck havoc in the western world. Think command and conquer GLA style with nukes instead of bio weapons.
    This is ofc MY OPINION, i repeat MY OWN OPINION!
    Well this holds true for USA and isreal Man look at your own countries, 99% of your people are fooled by the media which is owned by israel/jews. It's sad that we live in a world where 2 countries decide the fate of the rest of the world. What USA does effects the whole world. Israel owns USA and your media is blinding the people with propaganda.

It's not IRAN that should be feared is israel and US, you fucked Iran before and you fucked every country. Now your regime is falling and you guys don't know how to react. China is the new superpower and they are more fucked up.

This world is going down the shits but you know god bless america. Too bad ron paul didn't get elected then maybe USA could become the superpower again.

Infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-11-17 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    They probably wouldn't have used them if they knew there were other countries that would instantly fire nukes at them and wipe them off the map.

Any country that would use a nuclear bomb right now as a first strike is asking to be destroyed.
    This is a warped way of thinking. If you applied that logic to a suicide bomber, you would come to the conclusion that it would never happen. And yet it does, all the time.
    You are trying to apply reason to a mindset of people who use innocent humans as shields, who take cover in mosque... They obviously don't care about their own like we do ours.

I tend to air on the side of caution in everything I do. I'd rather be too cautious than not cautious enough.
    You think the most cautious option is "invaaade" rather than "let's wait and see".

The funny thing is; If Iran were to voluntarily suspend its nuclear program, America wouldn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to invading Iran. Spoiler alert: America goes to war in these countries for oil, not to do "the right thing".

No, it's pretty much a guarantee.

The only thing keeping Ahmadinejad in power is the fact that is hate-mongering is exactly why the Iranian people allow him to stay in power. They're afraid of us, as well they should be with our history of War before Diplomacy. In reality, he is both so unpopular among the masses for his domestic policy and increasingly involved in a power struggle with the Ayatollah that political experts don't expect him to finish a second term.

If the US stops putting so much pressure on Iran they'll probably lynch him in under a year.
    I have a feeling by "not finish" you aren't referring to resignation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    You think the most cautious option is "invaaade" rather than "let's wait and see".

The funny thing is; If Iran were to voluntarily suspend its nuclear program, America wouldn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to invading Iran. Spoiler alert: America goes to war in these countries for oil, not to do "the right thing".
    I disagree with you there, what about Afghanistan?

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post

I haven't been saying: attack now. I'm saying if they pursue a bomb without recourse we will inevitably need to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah.... Ahmadinejad is a smart and crazy man. But he holds no real political power in Iran.

The President of Iran is not analogous to the President of the United States.

The President of Iran is not only underneath the Ayatollah Khamenei, he pretty much has to ask permission to fart from The Guardian Council which is, surprisingly, comprised of 6 Islamic appointees as well as 6 secular authorities.

Thank you Laize. Ahmadienjad is a mouthpiece, an obnoxious but effective one, but a mouthpiece none-the-less.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Stopping nuclear warfare, stopping nuclear proliferation.
    By going to war over nuclear weapons, and handing them out to our friends right? Yep that's like doniking for virginity, or abstinence education, VERY effective.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Afghanistan started as "the right thing" but degenerated into just giving contractors loads of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Sealed Shut View Post
    This is a warped way of thinking. If you applied that logic to a suicide bomber, you would come to the conclusion that it would never happen. And yet it does, all the time.
    You are trying to apply reason to a mindset of people who use innocent humans as shields, who take cover in mosque... They obviously don't care about their own like we do ours.

We aren't talking about suicide bombers. We are talking about countries.

If any Nation was to use a Nuclear bomb as a first strike they would not live to see the end of it.

Deleted
    Knock, knock!
    Whos there?
    American...
    American what?
    American democracy!

USA Oil companies rejoice!
    "Energy resources in Iran consist of the fourth largest oil reserves and the second largest natural gas reserves in the world. Iran is an energy superpower"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I'd say that was more about revenge than the "right thing". The "right thing" would have been something we should have done 30+ years ago to prevent the mujahideen we armed from turning into the nutjobs they became.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Afghanistan started as "the right thing" but degenerated into just giving contractors loads of money.
    wait, what? he mentioned Afghanistan as proof to the loon claiming the US starts wars for the sole purpose of oil... which will sidetrack the conversation about Iran again by the left O.o