1. #1
    Warchief Akraen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SC, USA
    Posts
    2,075

    Heroic Will open w/o killing other bosses on heroic?

    Anyone know for certain if you can kill Heroic Will of the Emperor without having killed the other bosses on heroic in the lockout?

    Is it like Rag in that way or is it like other instances?

  2. #2
    Stood in the Fire Yzyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    488
    In order to get to Will of the Emp, you must kill all previous bosses. If you went in just for a heroic Will of the Emp run, you will not be able to kill any other bosses in MSV for the week. Now if you did a Heroic Stone guard and left, you could join another group that has killed the stone guard and kill the other bosses. It just does not go backwards.

    Amazing sig compliments of Mountandpetlover!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzyz View Post
    In order to get to Will of the Emp, you must kill all previous bosses. If you went in just for a heroic Will of the Emp run, you will not be able to kill any other bosses in MSV for the week. Now if you did a Heroic Stone guard and left, you could join another group that has killed the stone guard and kill the other bosses. It just does not go backwards.
    Dont think you understand what he is asking, he's not asking about the save thing, he's asking if you can do for example, do all the first bosses on normal except for the last boss, and do it heroic.

    I would assume it will work yes, my previous guild was able to do Stone Guard, Feng the Accursed, Gara'Jal on heroic, then skip four kings, and do elegon on heroic.

    But it's all theory, they might have some extra thing to check for all bosses completed on heroic, beforing you can engage the last boss.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Krudor View Post
    Dont think you understand what he is asking, he's not asking about the save thing, he's asking if you can do for example, do all the first bosses on normal except for the last boss, and do it heroic.

    I would assume it will work yes, my previous guild was able to do Stone Guard, Feng the Accursed, Gara'Jal on heroic, then skip four kings, and do elegon on heroic.

    Trying to correct someone when you didn't read the op yourself... good job.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Krudor View Post
    Dont think you understand what he is asking, he's not asking about the save thing, he's asking if you can do for example, do all the first bosses on normal except for the last boss, and do it heroic.

    I would assume it will work yes, my previous guild was able to do Stone Guard, Feng the Accursed, Gara'Jal on heroic, then skip four kings, and do elegon on heroic.

    But it's all theory, they might have some extra thing to check for all bosses completed on heroic, beforing you can engage the last boss.
    Elegon is not the end boss tho.

    You must kill every boss on heroic in the same lockout to be able to fight Will on heroic. Otherwise the pipes on the sides will be non-interactable.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Krudor View Post
    Dont think you understand what he is asking, he's not asking about the save thing, he's asking if you can do for example, do all the first bosses on normal except for the last boss, and do it heroic.

    I would assume it will work yes, my previous guild was able to do Stone Guard, Feng the Accursed, Gara'Jal on heroic, then skip four kings, and do elegon on heroic.

    But it's all theory, they might have some extra thing to check for all bosses completed on heroic, beforing you can engage the last boss.
    End bosses tend to be the exception. You cannot fight Heroic Ragnaros or Deathwing without having completed the rest of the bosses on heroic, for instance.

    Of course, this doesn't apply to all instances. You need only kill Heroic Cho'gall to engage Sinestra, for example, and you don't need to kill anything else on heroic to attempt Heroic Cho'gall. I don't think Al'Akir or Nefarion required the previous bosses to be killed on heroic, either.

    So, yeah, it's on a raid-by-raid basis.

  7. #7
    It is not possible to clear normals and kill an end boss on heroic no.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hurstor/simple
    Tier 11 - 25man -13/13hc (world 220)
    Tier 12 - 10/25man - 7/7hc (world 144)
    Tier 13 - 10/25man - 8/8hc (world 91)
    Tier 14 - 10man - 6/6hc - 4/6 hc - Quit raiding

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Krudor View Post
    Dont think you understand what he is asking, he's not asking about the save thing, he's asking if you can do for example, do all the first bosses on normal except for the last boss, and do it heroic.

    I would assume it will work yes, my previous guild was able to do Stone Guard, Feng the Accursed, Gara'Jal on heroic, then skip four kings, and do elegon on heroic.

    But it's all theory, they might have some extra thing to check for all bosses completed on heroic, beforing you can engage the last boss.
    you could skip a boss on the first few in firelands but if you missed even one heroic raggy wouldn't spawn, the same with heroic deathwing, you had to do all the bosses before spine on heroic to get spine on heroic then do spine on heroic to do madness on heroic. end bosses all ways seem to require everything dead on heroic to be set to heroic.

  9. #9
    Warchief Akraen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SC, USA
    Posts
    2,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Krudor View Post
    Dont think you understand what he is asking, he's not asking about the save thing, he's asking if you can do for example, do all the first bosses on normal except for the last boss, and do it heroic.

    I would assume it will work yes, my previous guild was able to do Stone Guard, Feng the Accursed, Gara'Jal on heroic, then skip four kings, and do elegon on heroic.

    But it's all theory, they might have some extra thing to check for all bosses completed on heroic, beforing you can engage the last boss.
    Yes, this is my question. Wondering if anyone knows for sure.

    Since we did Terrace & HoF this week and people are traveling Sun/Mon our 25M guild was debating hopping into 10M for a raid just to do Elegon & Will on heroic. We wondered if we had to do spirit kings or if we could just kill everything on normal then switch to heroic for elegon & will only.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 08:23 PM ----------

    We're just doing everything on heroic, so far 10M is miles easier than 25, wow.

    But spirit kings will be a pain on 10, I hear, so we'd love to skip that and do elegon and will if possible. Anyone know?

  10. #10
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,862
    You can skip spirit kings and do elegon on heroic, you can't however engage heroic will unless you have defeated EVERY single heroic encounter in MV on the same reset. We tried it the week we skipped spirit kings for elegon because we didn't think we didn't have enough time left in the week for meaningful progress on spirit kings.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    We're just doing everything on heroic, so far 10M is miles easier than 25, wow.

    But spirit kings will be a pain on 10, I hear, so we'd love to skip that and do elegon and will if possible. Anyone know?
    You have to do it on heroic, but spirit kings is not hard. We 2 shot it (off night 10 man for loot) with two tanks who had never tanked the instance before (even LFR) and one of the tanks never having done the fight on heroic. 2 healed.

    Will is much harder than everything else in the instance. If spirit kings is a pain be ready for quite a few wipes.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    you could skip a boss on the first few in firelands but if you missed even one heroic raggy wouldn't spawn, the same with heroic deathwing, you had to do all the bosses before spine on heroic to get spine on heroic then do spine on heroic to do madness on heroic. end bosses all ways seem to require everything dead on heroic to be set to heroic.
    In Dragon Soul you only had to do the 3 bosses before Madness on heroic to do Madness. H Ultrax > H Warmaster > H Spine > H Madness. The first 4 bosses could be done on normal. Conclave could be done on normal and then do H Al'akir. Pretty sure you could do H nef w/o doing all the bosses beforehand on heroic as well.

    In ICC you only had to kill the end boss of each quarter on heroic to attempt H LK. You had to kill things in order on heroic in ToGC to do Anub and in Ulduar you could do normals and still do Yogg no light. They don't seem to have a system for last boss on heroic set in stone :P

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholysin View Post
    In Dragon Soul you only had to do the 3 bosses before Madness on heroic to do Madness. H Ultrax > H Warmaster > H Spine > H Madness. The first 4 bosses could be done on normal. Conclave could be done on normal and then do H Al'akir. Pretty sure you could do H nef w/o doing all the bosses beforehand on heroic as well.

    In ICC you only had to kill the end boss of each quarter on heroic to attempt H LK. You had to kill things in order on heroic in ToGC to do Anub and in Ulduar you could do normals and still do Yogg no light. They don't seem to have a system for last boss on heroic set in stone :P
    No You could not do heroic ragnaros without doing the other on heroic. In DS we could not Get hc madness to spawn the week we did zonozz normal and rest hc.

  14. #14
    Bloodsail Admiral Muraza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Drenden
    Posts
    1,149
    Great post, 10/10

  15. #15
    Dreadlord xtramuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    920
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Yes, this is my question. Wondering if anyone knows for sure.

    Since we did Terrace & HoF this week and people are traveling Sun/Mon our 25M guild was debating hopping into 10M for a raid just to do Elegon & Will on heroic. We wondered if we had to do spirit kings or if we could just kill everything on normal then switch to heroic for elegon & will only.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 08:23 PM ----------

    We're just doing everything on heroic, so far 10M is miles easier than 25, wow.

    But spirit kings will be a pain on 10, I hear, so we'd love to skip that and do elegon and will if possible. Anyone know?
    To my knowledge, if you've killed stone gards HC (any HC boss carries with it a specific raid ID) you can't switch to 10man hc and kill any further bosses.. you can complete them in normal in either size, but once a boss is dead on HC, you can't attempt a different HC boss in any raid id except that of the origional kill (no 10man hc for you this week.)

    To answer your first question, to engage hc will, you must first kill all five previous bosses on hc, no skipping.


    Vexxe of Old School looking for established and reliable RBG Team to push HOTH PM me.






Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •