1. #1

    Didn't they say something about banning MMR exploiters/Taking away their gains?

    Because on the european realms I can't see any of that. In fact on my realm pool the top 3 still consists of the three teams who trated rating with each other, the rank 1# having about 34% victories and untill recetly green gear. Hell one of them openly admitted both in private talks and tradechat what they've done and a lot of people reporting them did nothing whatsoever. They're still playing and collecting elite gear.

  2. #2
    I doubt so. I get banned from off forum after 2 hours I posted my suggestions.

  3. #3
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    415
    Make a ticket about it mate.

  4. #4
    Moderator Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    7,541
    They are banning them, but they need to investigate to find the cheaters among all the servers, so it takes time. It's not long since they said it, but if you see any that may have traded wins, then report them?
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    R.I.P Project 'Titan' - My curious mind will still think of you!

  5. #5
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    They are banning them, but they need to investigate to find the cheaters among all the servers, so it takes time. It's not long since they said it, but if you see any that may have traded wins, then report them?
    They said theyd ban the cheaters and exploiters in cataclysm... from memory i think it was proven that NOT ONE account got banned.

    Dont expect anyone to get banned, it wont happen.

    The best theyll do is reset the MMR.

  6. #6
    Moderator Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    7,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    They said theyd ban the cheaters and exploiters in cataclysm... from memory i think it was proven that NOT ONE account got banned.

    Dont expect anyone to get banned, it wont happen.

    The best theyll do is reset the MMR.
    Actually, quite a few got banned in Cataclysm after what I've noticed. And they wont reset MMR, as they already gave a reason to why it's not been reset in the first place.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    R.I.P Project 'Titan' - My curious mind will still think of you!

  7. #7
    Anyone remember that time bugs affected pve and raid bosses were hot fixed between pulls? And at other time a bunch of pve guilds got caught exploiting and got banned within days?

    "Your class is broken and unplayable in arena? Oh, and some other class is retardedly OP and can pretty much one shot people? Better luck next season"

  8. #8
    @Gehco, they said they're not going to do an completly reset. However those found cheating they said were going to have their MMR wiped and everything taken away.


    Quote Originally Posted by Intoxicated View Post
    Make a ticket about it mate.
    I did. GM told me it's not the right way to support someone. You instead have to hunt them down, then proceed to report them for cheating. Something you can't do simply with their name or anything. You have to click on their portray. I actually did that and so did some others. Hell he even admitted he did it and he is still playing. Several of the top teams consist or contain people from his garbage PvE guild who never before stepped into the arena and now dominate 2's and 3's with abysmally low win ratios.

    How could anyone possibly overlook this?

  9. #9
    Bloodsail Admiral WillFeral's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South Bend
    Posts
    1,042
    Looked and didnt see anything,can someone link or explain what this "mmr exploit" actually is?
    Here come the Irish.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    Looked and didnt see anything,can someone link or explain what this "mmr exploit" actually is?
    Planning to use it? Don't, you will get caught.

  11. #11
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Actually, quite a few got banned in Cataclysm after what I've noticed. And they wont reset MMR, as they already gave a reason to why it's not been reset in the first place.
    Ok lets see if your "memory" is correct... please list all of the players who got banned...

    I bet u money u cant find any, its a myth which was very widely proven to be wrong back in cata....

    All they did was reset MMR and slightly change how MMR was calculated... and thats all they will do this time round too imo.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    Planning to use it? Don't, you will get caught.
    It's already been hotfixed. It had something to do with unplugging your ethernet cable multiple times and relogging etc. If you left arena before you actually lost, you wouldn't lose any MMR. No point in trying it anymore, it's fixed and if it weren't by some miracle you'd get banned for sure.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 12:46 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Ok lets see if your "memory" is correct... please list all of the players who got banned...

    I bet u money u cant find any, its a myth which was very widely proven to be wrong back in cata....

    All they did was reset MMR and slightly change how MMR was calculated... and thats all they will do this time round too imo.

    Multiple teams were disqualified, I saw tons of posts in AJ about person x getting banned. It definitely did happen.

  13. #13
    essentially same as last time this happened 2/10 of the exploiting teams get punished and mmr is ruined
    Stormspellz -mugthol
    Battletag - Stormz#1438

  14. #14
    I am Murloc! Firebert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Colchester, land of the squaddies, UK
    Posts
    5,489
    Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    Looked and didnt see anything,can someone link or explain what this "mmr exploit" actually is?
    Gaming the system in such a way (wintrading, force disconnects) that your MMR gets inflated way above the highest Arena rating of the Battlegroup and bracket, such that you only need 1/X (where X is the amount of teams you're wintrading with) win ratio to get shared Rank 1.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/6/6 | TPR: 0.5/3.5/4
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Glyphmaster Gunhaver

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by steale View Post
    Anyone remember that time bugs affected pve and raid bosses were hot fixed between pulls? And at other time a bunch of pve guilds got caught exploiting and got banned within days?

    "Your class is broken and unplayable in arena? Oh, and some other class is retardedly OP and can pretty much one shot people? Better luck next season"
    Quote Originally Posted by steale
    If you complain about abilities being nerfed for PvP ruining your precious PvE and "rawr blizz stop balancing my rotation around lolarenas", know that I'm laughing at you in my mind. This is a PvP based game. Raids come and raids go, but Alliance vs. Horde is the constant, and until I can loot Thrall or Varian, they are PvP mobs. So kindly stop letting your PvE QQ ruin my PvP fun. That is all.
    One has to wonder why people choose signatures that contradict everything they say when they open their mouths.

  16. #16
    Bloodsail Admiral WillFeral's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South Bend
    Posts
    1,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Gaming the system in such a way (wintrading, force disconnects) that your MMR gets inflated way above the highest Arena rating of the Battlegroup and bracket, such that you only need 1/X (where X is the amount of teams you're wintrading with) win ratio to get shared Rank 1.
    Thanks for the info,i was wondering what they were doing to to exploit the mmr.How sad of a life do you have to have to cheat and get a title to make yourself feel better?I actually feel sorry for these people.
    Here come the Irish.

  17. #17
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    680
    They probably just said it so people would get off their backs, but didn't want to pay 10 people $15/hr for like 50 hours total to review the tickets. I mean $750 is a lot of money when you only have 10 million subscribers.

    Very disappointed in blizzard, I've only seen like 5 teams actually reset, none on my battlegroup, though I have tried reporting them several times. Always get a cookie cutter response that says they cannot disclose anything, I think they just have an automated responder reply to tickets, for all I know they don't even have a customer service staff anymore.

  18. #18
    "In addition to the measures already discussed, as a result of the rating inflation that occurred due to the exploitative activity, all Team Ratings and MMR above 2200 will be reset to 2200 during the upcoming maintenance."

    Don't even care about them banning exploiters anymore, so long as it has no effect on the high-end game I (I know, selfish) am happy as can be. This is the exact thing I suggested in several other threads regarding the matter and it's gratifying to see them be able to get something done that will actually appease the PvP community as a whole. Of course taking away their tier 2 weapons and achievements etc. may be important too for other people, or even more important than "cleaning" up the ladders, because it's unfair for them to keep something they didn't do fuckall to achieve while others work their asses off, but still.

  19. #19
    Something off-topic, doesnt feel sad that suddenly Blizzard seem a "bad" game productor? Ill admit it, I always love Blizzard's professional character about players and games but atm with all these problems in pvp it seems like they are back to their starting steps, not rdy to give solutions and strategic moves around the game.Dunno...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •