Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    Maybe you should have some more patience, it is only 5/12. And you should be able to download it now.

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/85935/htc...ers-one-x.html
    How convenient for you to say that, that said:

ABOUT DAMN TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    Maybe you should have some more patience, it is only 5/12. And you should be able to download it now.

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/85935/htc...ers-one-x.html
    Just saying, how long is Jelly Bean out now? 5 months or so (available since July 9th)......

For a ''relatively'' small update (since it isn't a X.0 release) it took HTC close to half a year to update their ''top''phone.

The updating of Android phones is getting worse with every new cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Just saying, how long is Jelly Bean out now? 5 months or so (available since July 9th)......

For a ''relatively'' small update (since it isn't a X.0 release) it took HTC close to half a year to update their ''top''phone.

Samsung is still doing fairly good. They had jelly bean on the GS3 out the door in September (just 2 months lag time), though the carriers screwing around (Gotta make sure it works with your bundled in crap) means it's just now hitting most people's devices.

For those who wish to have speedy updates the day they're released from google (and no bundled nonsense), make your next phone a Nexus device. You seriously can't beat the Nexus 4 for $300 out of contract at full price. It's one of (if not THE) best phones available in terms of features / processing power.

Cyanogen mod is also a very stable alternative for non GSM phones with nearly the same release speed as Google.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted

What i got from his previous post, was that it would be launched in december. He made a post on december 3th saying it was december already and he wanted it. That why i said have some patience, and why i put in the date of today. I know it has been out a while, but apperently there were some bugs with sense or w/e hence they delayed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Samsung is still doing fairly good. They had jelly bean on the GS3 out the door in September (just 2 months lag time), though the carriers screwing around (Gotta make sure it works with your bundled in crap) means it's just now hitting most people's devices.
    I hate this argument....

Google blames manufactures
    Manufactures blames google and carriers
    carriers blame Google and manifactures

Fact is the Android update is a mess and it should be the combined effort of all these parties to make sure the upgrade cycle goes fast. Their are ton of phones which the manufactures refuse to update because they make the skin bloated.

And I understand that majority of the people don't even know the fact that they have a Android phone, however that doesn't justify not updating a phone which is capable of receiving handling the update.

Deleted
    I hate this argument....

Google blames manufactures
    Manufactures blames google and carriers
    carriers blame Google and manifactures

Fact is the Android update is a mess and it should be the combined effort of all these parties to make sure the upgrade cycle goes fast. Their are ton of phones which the manufactures refuse to update because they make the skin bloated.

And I understand that majority of the people don't even know the fact that they have a Android phone, however that doesn't justify not updating a phone which is capable of receiving handling the update.
    There is a lot more then you think that goes into making an version of Android work for your phone. Those that actually care will just root their phone, install CM10 and live a happy, updated life. There is no argument against not rooting, it's extremely simple, it doesn't void warranty (in most cases) and you are free to upgrade when ever you want.

Not only that but if your phone has been released in the past year, expect some insane support for it, phones like the HTC one X and SGS3, have so much support you can pretty much do anything with it, providing you have rooted/unlocked etc. Waiting for a manufacture to release an update imo is just lame, when you have the option to do it yourself.

And like you said yourself, a huge portion of people that own Android phones, don't even know they are using Android, so why would a manufacture go through all the trouble to update to the latest version, without turning a profit from it, when those that know what version of Android they are running will just root/flash custom ROM and those that don't, well, won't even care anyway.