Poll: Nerf Flight form or Buff reg mounts

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Yet warriors can't so sh*t
    Warlocks can sacrafice their pet to save themselves!! = )

I suggested once that they should give the same perks as druid flight form, instant cast and not having to shift out to interact, to Vial of the Sands. It was something they chose to give to druids to be unique. It is cool. I like it, but I don't think they should hand it out to just everyone now. But if you shell out the money for Vial of the Sands, or some other new gold-sink mount (cause I suggested that back before MoP), then you can have it, too. This coming from someone who's first ever toon made in vanilla, and still main, is a druid. Just my thoughts.
    Last edited by valzyf; 2012-11-19 at 02:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leave it.
    I'm kinda against class homogenisation that doesn't have a damn good reason. Druids not have to spend 1.5 seconds remounting isn't an urgent issue or even close to one.

Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Did you even read my post? Yes, all classes have something other classes don't have. But guess what? Druids have a lot of stuff other classes do have. Teleport, prevent dying when falling, stealth, oh and Mage Blink unique? Think again. Charge? Jumping a great distance? Break any movementspeed slowing effect by changing forms? Travel form inside raids? They can do melee DPS, ranged DPS, heal and tank. All roles. No other class can do that. This isn't enough variety for you?
    Teleport - I assume you mean the one to Moonglade. No-one goes to Moonglade.
    Prevent dying from falling - I can assure you that it is possible for a druid to die from a fall, even with Feline Grace active.
    Stealth - Yes, we do have this. We do not, however, have any of the tricks rogues can do while in stealth.
    Mage Blink - Going out on a limb here and guessing you're talking about Displacer Beast, the one talent nobody takes.
    Charge - Also a talent. Is not identical to warrior charge regardless of the form the druid is in, since it does not have a stun component.
    Break any movement speed slowing effect by changing forms - We can break some snares. Not all snares. We can no longer break roots.
    Travel form inside raids - Yeah, it's outdoor only. Tell you what, next time you're in a raid with a druid, hold your breath until you see them use travel form.
    All roles - Yes. In case you missed it, this is the entire point of the druid class. This is like complaining that warriors use plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Paladins can bubble to mine/pick herbs even when attacked.
    "You cannot do that while you are immune" says hi!

Druid flight form is great... just wish other classes could mount instantly... I don't mind dismounting if I could remount instantly.

There's no reason to complain. There's nothing stopping anyone from rolling a druid for their farming toon. And as multiple people have already mentioned, there are plenty of things other classes can do that druids cannot. Removing flight form or the ability to gather while in flight form is just one more step toward having zero differences between classes. Keep going down that path and eventually every class can tank, heal and dps from a single spec all while in stealth form and levitating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should every class be able to interact while mounted with the same objects that druids can? No.

However, I think there should an obtainable mount that allows you to do this. Maybe link it to a trinket so that you have to sacrifice something to gain the benefit.

I have 2 Druids. My main is a Guardian / Feral and my other (new) main is a Resto / Boomer. I wanted a MS Tank and a MS Healer without constantly having to switch specs and gear. I love the herb gathering idea so much, I made my new Druid Herbs / Scribe. The gathering will be alot easier at 60, but still useful. I love my Druids. It is the only class I can really play anymore. I deleted my Pally, DK, hunter, and mage. They just can't do what the druid does for me.

Things the Druid CAN'T do:

1. No Bubble - Pallies, Priests, and Mages all have a bubble. That helps from time to time.
    2. No Portals - Can't just open a gateway to a new city and take my party with me.
    3. Can't DW 2H swords, can't even use swords. No cool sword xmogs or Dual wielding for me.
    4. No special mount. Sure, I can shapeshift, but I don't get some class mount like Pally, Locks, and DKs do.
    5. Can't wear mail or plate.
    6. Can't use shields.
    7. Can't use bows or guns
    8. Don't get a almost 200% dmg bonus from stealth attacks
    9. No speed increase for mounts unless I take Feline swiftness at lvl 15

These and a hundred other things. But, ya know what? I like diversity. Have Group, Will Travel dang near made Mages and Locks obsolete for summoning or porting. I don't want every perk for every class. There would be no point in playing all classes. If it were like that, most of us would get bored and unsub. If you want the Druid perks, roll one. If I want other perks, I'll roll another class.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Why have any special abilities for classes then by that logic? I can't gank people in the air like mages and priests because I don't have slow fall. Either give every class a slow fall or remove it because it is a slight advantage in a handful of situations.

Oh, that's just like flight form. It's a slight advantage in a handful, namely one situation. Let's also make sure that DK's and Paladins cannot go faster than anyone else on their mounts, because in this backwards arms race now they would be too overpowered in gathering professions. Crap, now that flight form is out, mount speed increase is gone, mages blink and warrior leap help them beat me to nodes. These also need to be removed. Then rogue and druid sprints, and so on and so on.
    Unlike flight form, everything else you mention can be replicated.

There are other ways for anyone to have slow fall. Nogginfogger and cloaks come to mind. Not exactly the same, but close. Everyone has a faster mount, provided you are in a guild with the perk. You can use potions to increase run speed as well as Engineering boost.

The only thing close to flight form is the 2 weeks you can use the broom mount, and you can't interact with most items without dismounting.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    needs 4th option
    - Delete the account of people who complain about druids being able to farm in flight form.
    I agree with this option

leave it,

roll a druid if you want it.
    and i am not playing a druid ( i did however and loved that part.)
    its just the class i did not like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Leave it as it is. Druids have that perk, it's nice. Other classes have neat perks, too. Mages/priests can avoid dying from falling. Death Knights, priests, and shamans can walk on water with shaman/DK's able to mount to do it. Paladins can bubble to mine/pick herbs even when attacked. Rogues can vanish and stealth out of combat to avoid pesky respawns.
    Please do tell me, where is this ever usefull if you can't even mount while doing it. (and the glyph for it is bugged so we can't even use that)

Quote Originally Posted by GnomercyBeastmaster View Post
    I have 2 Druids. My main is a Guardian / Feral and my other (new) main is a Resto / Boomer. I wanted a MS Tank and a MS Healer without constantly having to switch specs and gear. I love the herb gathering idea so much, I made my new Druid Herbs / Scribe. The gathering will be alot easier at 60, but still useful. I love my Druids. It is the only class I can really play anymore. I deleted my Pally, DK, hunter, and mage. They just can't do what the druid does for me.

Things the Druid CAN'T do:

1. No Bubble - Pallies, Priests, and Mages all have a bubble. That helps from time to time.
    2. No Portals - Can't just open a gateway to a new city and take my party with me.
    3. Can't DW 2H swords, can't even use swords. No cool sword xmogs or Dual wielding for me
    4. No special mount. Sure, I can shapeshift, but I don't get some class mount like Pally, Locks, and DKs do.
    5. Can't wear mail or plate.
    6. Can't use shields.
    7. Can't use bows or guns
    8. Don't get a almost 200% dmg bonus from stealth attacks
    9. No speed increase for mounts unless I take Feline swiftness at lvl 15

These and a hundred other things. But, ya know what? I like diversity. Have Group, Will Travel dang near made Mages and Locks obsolete for summoning or porting. I don't want every perk for every class. There would be no point in playing all classes. If it were like that, most of us would get bored and unsub. If you want the Druid perks, roll one. If I want other perks, I'll roll another class.
    Class combat mechanics =/= utility to ninja stuff from other people right before their noses. Try harder.
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2012-11-19 at 05:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Did you even read my post? Yes, all classes have something other classes don't have. But guess what? Druids have a lot of stuff other classes do have. Teleport, prevent dying when falling, stealth, oh and Mage Blink unique? Think again. Charge? Jumping a great distance? Break any movementspeed slowing effect by changing forms? Travel form inside raids? They can do melee DPS, ranged DPS, heal and tank. All roles. No other class can do that. This isn't enough variety for you?

Flight Form alone is already unique enough. No other class has the ability to mount instantly. Why make interacting with objects possible? There's perks and then there's Flight Form. There's classes with a few nice perks and then there's Druids.
    You know what thy do not have. Range weapons and full blown pet. win
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2012-11-19 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Class combat mechanics =/= utility to ninja stuff from other people right before their noses. Try harder.
    I'm not here to argue, simply to explain. Blizz loves druids. Blizz caters to Druids. I love Druids. I've rolled 2 druids. I will keep sliding in and taking herbs and other items as long as the game stays online. Blizz made it this way and doesn't see it as "ninja". Some people fly faster than others and steal it while you are in combat, yet this is the basis for your discussion. It's ALL fair. So, until it is in YOUR bags... it's not yours. Deal. Have a nice day!

EDIT: https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...zzard-s-stance

Just so we are clear on the definition of NINJA
    Last edited by GnomercyBeastmaster; 2012-11-19 at 05:39 PM.

It doesn't bother me that they can interact with things in flight form, it bothers me that they get an instant cast, while everyone else has to channel it.

Halloween is awesome, cause for a week, you get to feel like how a druid feels all year long :/

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    It doesn't bother me that they can interact with things in flight form, it bothers me that they get an instant cast, while everyone else has to channel it.

Halloween is awesome, cause for a week, you get to feel like how a druid feels all year long :/
    Awww. Buck up little camper. Roll a Druid and join the I WIN Club. /fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I dont even have a druid, but quit your whining.
    Best response EVER! +1, Thumbs Up, /signed, and anything else I could do to show how much this response made me smile.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be stupid to remove it. I might as well make a poll that says "Poll to remove stealth from rogues and druids or give everyone else same advantage"......it's a class ability, why would it need to be equalized?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lolno. Quit your bitching. Druids have already had previous class defining unique features removed, this one is not overpowered nor game breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.