You may ask yourselves "who is Kevin Gilbert?" I'll tell you who he was. Kevin Gilbert was a musical genius, the guy wrote brilliant song after brilliant song. He died on the 17th of May in 1996 at 29 years old and was a great loss to music, he had so much to give and despite minor success never really hit the big time . He used to date Sheryl Crow, and that catchy song "All I wanna do" that rocketed her to stardom? Yeah, he wrote it . She dumped him when she made it and this destroyed him. He spent his entire career trying to make it, penning many great songs and seeing her on tv taking credit for his work left a sour taste in his mouth .

Basically, you could say it drove him crazy . He died to accidental autoerotic aspyhixiation.

Here's a link to the gist of the story : http://www.usedbin.com/kevin_gilbert.htm . It's an interesting read even if you don't like his music

and here's a few songs you might enjoy:

When you take something like the last link (which he sang and performed at the age of 17 ) and compare it to the song writing quality of people much older with more experience, it's shocking .

I made this thread basically to interest people some more in his legacy, he's left alot behind for us to appreciate.