View Poll Results: Turn dailies into weeklies with 4x the reward?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, please!

94 56.97%
  • No!

71 43.03%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Suggestion: Turn Dailies into Weeklies

I don't often post suggestion threads, as I find them redundant and most often the ideas are really ... really stupid, but for this once I feel like I had an idea that actually was worth suggesting and who knows maybe it'll get some momentum as solution to the whole dailies issue people are widely complaining about. The proposed solution is very simple:

Turn all new daily quests into weeklies and increase the reward to 4x the current reward for reputation, lucky coins and valor points per quest.

This way people might actually feel like they have time to do the dailies on an alt too. Like they don't have to do them too often (only once a week) and that the rewards are worthwhile, 20 valor points and 500 rep per quest (or whatever quadruple the current rep would be).

It's such a simple change that will probably please many people... the only downside being that you'll not be able to get as much reward from them as before IF you did do your dailies more than 4 times a week to begin with.

Id much rather they just allow me to do a "daily" 5 times during the week at any time i wanted. Id rather just waste 1 day doing them all at once than having to log each day to do it.

No, the reward would have to be x7 for it to be worth it.

Alternatively, provide options:

Option 1: Dailies, providing the current reward, no changes from the current system. Completing one daily locks out option 2 for the rest of the week.
    Option 2: Weeklies, providing 4x the reward of a single daily. Completing a weekly locks out dailies for the rest of the week.

Each option would be independent to each quest, so each quest giver would offer both the daily and weekly version the first time you go to him... and making the choice locks you in for the rest of the week.

Obviously option 1 is better if you do your dailies at least 5 days in the week, but option 2 is a lot less time investment, and lets people who can only play a couple times a week get more benefit, while still giving people who play every day a clear advantage. It also lets people who hate dailies do them less often, while still making decent progress.

Edit: Option 2 could of course be tweaked as appropriate. Numbers here are just my initial thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    Id much rather they just allow me to do a "daily" 5 times during the week at any time i wanted. Id rather just waste 1 day doing them all at once than having to log each day to do it.
    TBH I would like this more than any other solution.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

The rep grinds should be a time investment. I don't like the x4 idea for that reason.

However, I like the weekly idea. Instead of increasing the gains, just increase the number of quests available. That way it's still a time investment, but it's on your schedule. You could even kind of randomize which are available, so that you still have to sign in several times a week to access all of the quests.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Alternatively, provide options:

Option 1: Dailies, providing the current reward, no changes from the current system. Completing one daily locks out option 2 for the rest of the week.
    Option 2: Weeklies, providing 4x the reward of a single daily. Completing a weekly locks out dailies for the rest of the week.

Each option would be independent to each quest, so each quest giver would offer both the daily and weekly version the first time you go to him... and making the choice locks you in for the rest of the week.

Obviously option 1 is better if you do your dailies at least 5 days in the week, but option 2 is a lot less time investment, and lets people who can only play a couple times a week get more benefit, while still giving people who play every day a clear advantage. It also lets people who hate dailies do them less often, while still making decent progress.

Edit: Option 2 could of course be tweaked as appropriate. Numbers here are just my initial thoughts.
    People would say that they are "forced" to do dailies instead of weeklies, since dailies reward more.

considering you don't have to do dailies, my answer is no.

I always find the daily arguments and suggestions fascinating, this one being no different. The problem I see is sure people don't like to be "forced" to do dailies everyday, but let me ask you this, if you didn't have dailies to do every day, what else would you do? I'm assuming that most people aren't the "I can only be on long enough to do a set of dailies" type people, so what else would fill your time? If dailies became something that was done on a weekly basis than there could be a good chance that it would contribute to MoP becoming like Cata in the sense that there was so little to take up time on a main that people just rolled alts. That is not to say dailies are all you can spend you time doing, but I know since I stopped having to do them on my main my play time on him has dropped dramatically.
    "I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse."
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'” - Issac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    People would say that they are "forced" to do dailies instead of weeklies, since dailies reward more.
    I was going to say this too. People are already complaining that they're forced to do dailies when there are tons of other ways - dailies just happen to be the most efficient since it's a guaranteed raid-quality item pieces. Putting in a x4 weekly isn't going to change that.

Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

Legendary!
    Then........be bored for the rest of the week?

All of these things like dailies were created to give players something to do beyond raiding
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Would make it worse.

People would still feel obligated to rush all the weeklys the first day. And then they'd have 6 days with nothing to do except whine that there's nothing to do.
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.

I miss the weekly raids quests, we had in Wrath

The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickmagnus View Post
    The problem I see is sure people don't like to be "forced" to do dailies everyday, but let me ask you this, if you didn't have dailies to do every day, what else would you do?
    Level alts.

Those with multiple accounts don't buy more just for bank alts, they get them to have more toons to raise. More toons to tradeskill with. Toons to help farming older content. Many reasons.

There's more to do than *just* the daily grind. Once you're off that end-game/gear up roller coaster you can appreciate the content better, too. Didn't have that much time during WotLK to look back at the instances, or appreciate even ICC (as it was always a rush to get in and out). Going back in during Cata there's time now to look at the time spent on level and set design, and appreciate the smaller things so overlooked for the "action" and gear. It's now about mood and feeling than just something that will be vendored/disenchanted in another patch.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Level alts.

Those with multiple accounts don't buy more just for bank alts, they get them to have more toons to raise. More toons to tradeskill with. Toons to help farming older content. Many reasons.

There's more to do than *just* the daily grind. Once you're off that end-game/gear up roller coaster you can appreciate the content better, too. Didn't have that much time during WotLK to look back at the instances, or appreciate even ICC (as it was always a rush to get in and out). Going back in during Cata there's time now to look at the time spent on level and set design, and appreciate the smaller things so overlooked for the "action" and gear. It's now about mood and feeling than just something that will be vendored/disenchanted in another patch.
    Blizzard doesn't want WoW to be an alts game. That's why they created so many things to do at 90. They wanted alts to be alternate characters. Not something you do because other wise you'd just quit.
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.

The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Blizzard doesn't want WoW to be an alts game.
    False.

The Glider lawsuit proved that Blizzard makes it's money on players leveling toons (it showed they estimated losing $120 per toon from Glider...which was the reason for the lawsuit, not the botting itself). There is no other mainstream MMO that offers 50 toons per client (not account) to level toons, either.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

Mechagnome
    Dailys suck and are boring imo. If people want to say you dont have to do dailys then open up the vendors and let folks do dailys for fun. Trying to say you dont have to do them is like saying you dont have to play wich is a weak argument.

if you dont like doing dailies, 7x a week just dont...

They should make a system where you can purchase some sort of item from the rep vendors and wear that item into dungeons to get rep from killing things in there. This item could also take up some unused slot like the shirt slot or maybe the tabard slot where it wouldnt impact your performance in dungeons by taking away a slot that matters. In my opinion, a system like this would be ideal for grinding reputation for various factions in the game, and would also give players a reason to go back into heroics.

Mechagnome
    If they didnt control the crafting designs I wouldnt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    if you dont like doing dailies, 7x a week just dont...