Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    1. Dark Souls for PC, yes I know it can be modded, but a game shouldn't need mods to be playable.
    Huh? Granted I'm not terribly far but it's been perfectly playable so far on my end. It doesn't look that great but besides that the controls and performance are fairly solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkazam View Post
    1: WoW Cataclysm
    2: WoW Mist of dailys.. sorry.. Pandaria
    3: Diablo 3
    So I see blizzard is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to do dailies, yes?

OT:

1. SWTOR - I played that game for about a month tops and just stopped alltogether, they tried so hard to create a 'wow-killer' that they killed their own game.

2. Dragon Age 2 - Crappy combat system, story was meh for me personally, far from the awesomeness of Origins.

3. Everything After CoD: MW
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2012-11-20 at 06:05 AM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

So I see blizzard is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to do dailies, yes?
    I wish people would cut it out with this, obviously no one is holding a gun to anyone's head but good luck getting valor gear without even making a half-assed attempt at grinding rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I wish people would cut it out with this, obviously no one is holding a gun to anyone's head but good luck getting valor gear without even making a half-assed attempt at grinding rep.
    If you dont want to do dailies you dont have to, you have plenty of other ways of getting geared without valor. The valor gear is not meant to be your "main" source of gear, its meant to be fill-in for that one piece that just doesn't want to drop in raids or that you keep losing etc.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2012-11-20 at 06:39 AM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    If you dont want to do dailies you dont have to, you have plenty of other ways of getting geared without valor. The valor gear is not meant to be your "main" source of gear, its meant to be fill-in for that one piece that just doesn't want to drop in raids or that you keep losing etc.
    In our guild, which I am a recruitment officer for, dailies and rep grinds are required and conquest capping to normal cap via 2's is strongly encouraged as we are a 10 man team. If you are a casual player you could gear via lfr I guess you can skip the rep grind, but considering that subsequent patches allow you to upgrade your valor point items it is essentially required for most raiders. Skipping rep grinds and valor gear puts you at a huge disadvantage for progression, even though you can clear content without it.

1.Kotor 2 Undmodded
    2.DA2
    3. Dark Souls pc

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    In our guild, which I am a recruitment officer for, dailies and rep grinds are required and conquest capping to normal cap via 2's is strongly encouraged as we are a 10 man team. If you are a casual player you could gear via lfr I guess you can skip the rep grind, but considering that subsequent patches allow you to upgrade your valor point items it is essentially required for most raiders. Skipping rep grinds and valor gear puts you at a huge disadvantage for progression, even though you can clear content without it.
    If it's required for your guild then its a different story, however you can still get your valor from LFR and heroics. Also I'm pretty sure the upgrade system applies to all gear, not just valor gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post

sacredduty (.) net /2012/10/26/ counterpoint-the-valor-point-grind/

Check out the last post.It describes how someone got outbid over a heroic weapon by not doing dailies.

Long story short:2 ferals in a 25man raid.One is doing dailies the other does not.The one who is doing dailies got lucky on coin rolls and got free gear.The other had to bid for every gear he had.When the feral staff from heroic Kings dropped the he was able to outbid the feral who was not into dailies.The poster makes a simple statement: ".It just does not make sense that someone who is able to pick up and deliver feathers from the ground each day, can outbid someone over a heroic raid weapon." Does that make sense to any of you?

He also posted tweet by GC regarding dailies: We can’t make content faster than players can consume it. Repeatable content is the best solution we’ve come up with. Nobody says I want to do Westfall before Elwynn. Think of
    Shado-Pan after Lotus as the same thing, but at max level.

and the link to it:

The link is here on mmo champion

Enjoy

meh I am not allowed to post links yet.But you will get the idea
    Last edited by mmoc2e4b7a32fd; 2012-11-20 at 07:10 AM. Reason: typos and some clarification

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Huh? Granted I'm not terribly far but it's been perfectly playable so far on my end. It doesn't look that great but besides that the controls and performance are fairly solid.
    I could be wrong, but without mods it's locked at 30fps at 1024x720 resolution and even without controller I'm told to press A to do something, and the button isn't A on the keyboard. You can't configure your controls either.

1. WAR: Warhammer Age of Reckoning. Personal and global fail.
    This is the first beta I have been in and I payed (hold on to your hats) like 100 bucks to a kid on the internet to get the beta key. The beta was so freaking popular and Warhammer was THE WoW killer of all time (since you know Warhammer is so good and WoW just copied everything).

After 5 minutes of playing in the closed beta I wanted to throw my computer out of the window. I never even bought the final product because I knew the fail train that was coming. I even remember the costly marketing with Mythic on this one.

2. Diablo 3. Personal fail.
    I don't want to say D3 fail globally. There are still plenty of players playing the game and probably enjoying it.

But this is the first Blizzard game i got bored after playing it for a couple of weeks. All other game companies can make games that I play only a couple of weeks but for two companies this is not ok: Valve and Blizzard.

If either of those companies makes games I get bored of after a couple of weeks I consider the game to be an epic fail.

3. SWTOR. Personal and global fail.
    How the hell did they fail with this one? They have already seen countless of WoW clones fail, they have one of the biggest IP's of all time and a budget that is enough to support a small country. I'm so pissed they managed to fail what was going to be, what I hoped and thought, one of the biggest games and success stories of all time.

I was finally going to get my pew pew laser sword And now I will probably never see another Star Wars MMO as long as I live

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft, wen't from 4 Million, to 6 million to 9 Million, to 11 Million to 12 Million, and now they went to 10 million, that is considering they just released another BS expansion, where they just reskinned, and added a Pokemon game.

I would consider WoW the biggest failure, since it did so well for so long, only to fall by the way sides, because the company became too greedy and too stupid, to hire enough staff to handle customers, and actually make content people were already happy with better. Not to mention after 10 years, not being able to give a for sure date on any of their products other than soon, and when they do give a projection date they useally miss, and under perform.

Considering all those facts, None of the games mentioned have don't that horribly, seeing as most never gained that much steam except for maybe SWTOR. Blizzard being the Apple or Microsoft of gaming they are not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am i the only one that really enjoyed Swtor? I quit because i ran out of things to do...

Same goes for Age of Conan, the last floor of the raid we had never got released so we quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shifthappens View Post
    Whoever called Mass Effect 3 a failure i will punch you in the face!

for me it has to be Deus EX: Human Revolution, absolute garbage of a game, worst $60 ever spent, no joke.
    All Bioware Games are Fail a Moral wheel is not game play you already have to make a moral choice while playin any game you cant add it as a game play mech

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical92 View Post
    Am i the only one that really enjoyed Swtor? I quit because i ran out of things to do...
    Its the in thing to do by all the Cool kids, go trash on SWTOR for being the same old same old, yet alot of these are probably lapped up everything WoW has done over the last few years, and are probably posting in bewteen grinding the fuck out of the same old dailies for rep.

I put it on my list because it was a failure against expectations, same for D3 and Cataclysm, they dont need to be deemed bad games to be failures,good games can fail too, I think all of the games are actually fairly decent, its just the living up to expectations and hype put about by the developers, company/ publisher, by previous games in the series and by the horrible gaming community there is these days, who hypes everything to fuck and then come down like a ton of bricks on any game who doesnt live up to their lofty ideals of an ultimate totally revolutionary game. In this day and age with the amount of media coverage and youtube and leaks and everything, nothing should be a suprise, yet people were suprised TOR was the same old MMO with a story, and then took personal offense when it didnt right every wrong that they percieve MMO's to have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notreally View Post
    Daikatana.
    So funny to see that the first game which popped to mind was in the first reply ... Thanks for making my day

10+ Year Old Account
    - Dragon Age 2
    - Warhammer Online
    - SW:ToR (Even though I personally enjoyed the game a lot it is an economical failure nevertheless)

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    World of Warcraft, wen't from 4 Million, to 6 million to 9 Million, to 11 Million to 12 Million, and now they went to 10 million, that is considering they just released another BS expansion, where they just reskinned, and added a Pokemon game.

I would consider WoW the biggest failure, since it did so well for so long, only to fall by the way sides, because the company became too greedy and too stupid, to hire enough staff to handle customers, and actually make content people were already happy with better. Not to mention after 10 years, not being able to give a for sure date on any of their products other than soon, and when they do give a projection date they useally miss, and under perform.

Considering all those facts, None of the games mentioned have don't that horribly, seeing as most never gained that much steam except for maybe SWTOR. Blizzard being the Apple or Microsoft of gaming they are not.
    Yet it's still got 10 million subs? and dont try passing your opinion as facts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Can be either MMO(entire game or an expansion), console, just anything that was supposed to be good that you bought and it totally sucked.

1. Diablo 3
    I never played D2 becuase I had already started playing MMOs pretty hardcore back then but I heard it was a great game. So when Blizzard said I could get D3 for free with the annual pass I figured what the hell Im not quitting WoW anytime soon and did. Thank God I didnt actually pay for this steaming pile of poo. Made the mistake of picking a monk for my first class at launch and then witch doctor. Wish someone would have told me the only correct class to play at launch was Demon Huter. When I got into Inferno a week after launch it was just impossible. I remember even in a full group we couldnt even beat the 3 hammer trolls at the chapel where the final sword fragment was. The first time I tried The Butcher, again in a full group we quit after 27 wipes. Also the grouping system was terrible as you were forced to only group with other melees as all the Wiz/DHs were loling there way through Acts 3/4 and had no reason to join public games and carry melees.

The game was also impossible to play as a melee becuase of the giant Catch 22 Blizzard thought it would be cute to add. You couldnt beat act 1 unless you had gear from Acts 3/4 which you couldnt afford because you were stuck in Act 1 because you couldnt kill anything to progress without better gear. Also farming for 2months with a MF of 350 and only getting a single item worth 20 mil gold? Yeah brilliant job with the loot tables Blizzard. Thats like going to work and not getting paid. Also when I started there was like 40,000 public games and now theres only 400ish. They sold what like 15 million copies? I doubt theres even 100k people per region still playing. Blizzard definitely laughed all the way to the bank on this game.
    So the game failed because you're bad? Inferno was hard yes, but not even close to impossible. The game is also still very much alive and kicking with I can easily guess millions of players. Give it another shot, Inferno is a lot easier now even for bad players. =) It took me long time to progress on my WD too, but it was slow and steady. Bet you would be whining also if it was too easy.

My list would be something like:

Battlefield 3 (Not that bad, but I expected more)
    Dragon Age 2 (Amazing RPG turned into hack'n'slash, made be almost throw up at the time)
    Age of Conan (Was good for first 40 levels, then I realised there's no actual content anymore)
    Last edited by mmoc6bee5ec93f; 2012-11-20 at 11:19 AM.

Deleted
    -Diablo III - what a letdown.
    -Duke Nukem Forever - so many years waiting for it, it turns out the be one piece of crap.
    -Warhammer Online - it promissed so much. It even brought us the Achievements panel, but failed to keep me interested.

I would also say Starcraft II, because of Blizzard's greedy move to slice the campaign in 3 games sold separately, unlike the original game, and thus artificially extending the story.
    Unlike the majority of players who care more about the multi-player component of the game, I prefer the single player campaign, and I was screwed with the sliced campaign episodes.
    Now that Heart of the Swarm is available for pre-purchase, I won't buy it. Fuck it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have played a million sucky games, but not a single 1 pops into my mind? Probably FarCry 2 was awful after the first, so was Crysis 2 (Personal opinions). Biggest fail would probably be Dragon Age II; Looked good.. Otherwise horribly boring.