1. #1

    Is anyone playing natural selection 2?

    I'd love to find a few buddies to play with. Just installed it but the UI is a bit different from NS1 (I still can't figure out how to build a hive!).

    For those not familiar. NS2 is a new release from Unknown Worlds, an indie studio. Natural Selection (ns) 1 was originally an immensely successful Half-Life mod which is part RTS part FPS with aliens facing off against marines.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    I'd love to find a few buddies to play with. Just installed it but the UI is a bit different from NS1 (I still can't figure out how to build a hive!).

    For those not familiar. NS2 is a new release from Unknown Worlds, an indie studio. Natural Selection (ns) 1 was originally an immensely successful Half-Life mod which is part RTS part FPS with aliens facing off against marines.
    I watched someone play it. Looked okay. Just something I couldn't get myself into though.

  3. #3
    From a review I read there isn't a way to play with friends just yet, which is a shame as that was the deciding factor for me not buying it. xD
    Fool me once, shame on you. Teach someone to fool me and fool me forever.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Canada?
    Who threatens Canada? That's like, threatening that nice old man in the park who's always feeding the birds and giving wisdom to strangers.

  4. #4
    ill buy it once it goes on a decent sale i think.. always looked decent but i think £19.99 was a bit too much for what it is.
    Dictated but not read.

  5. #5
    I buy my games off Steam and I stay away from anything tagged "indie" like it's the plague.

    Yes, I admit I'm a spoiled gamer that believes indie stuff has a very low chance to satisfy.
    ...and then...fucking ponies everywhere.

  6. #6
    Brewmaster Waervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denmark/Netherlands/Finland
    Posts
    1,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    I buy my games off Steam and I stay away from anything tagged "indie" like it's the plague.

    Yes, I admit I'm a spoiled gamer that believes indie stuff has a very low chance to satisfy.
    That's allowed to believe that =)
    I have to ask though:

    Have you played games like Bastion and Amnesia?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    That's allowed to believe that =)
    I have to ask though:

    Have you played games like Bastion and Amnesia?
    Bastion, yes. Unsurprisingly I didn't find it interesting for more than 1 hour.
    ...and then...fucking ponies everywhere.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    I buy my games off Steam and I stay away from anything tagged "indie" like it's the plague.

    Yes, I admit I'm a spoiled gamer that believes indie stuff has a very low chance to satisfy.
    Indie studio, the game itself looks like a Half-life esque game still. I'm still getting used to the changes in hotkeys myself.

    ill buy it once it goes on a decent sale i think.. always looked decent but i think £19.99 was a bit too much for what it is.
    Not too hard to trade for it, as anyone who preordered got an extra copy for free to gift.

    From a review I read there isn't a way to play with friends just yet, which is a shame as that was the deciding factor for me not buying it. xD
    False! It's totally playable with friends.... you just join the same server. I followed a friend on steam the other day and played.

  9. #9
    I played the original Natural Selection mod years and years ago and loved it.

    Got NS2 but I just haven't gotten into it due to various performance and loading related issues. Map loading takes ages, servers are still prone to kick you out (often when I try to get into a game with a friend usually one of us is kicked out after long load) and when in, FPS seems to drop very randomly.

    That game should've gotten atleast 3-6 months more pure optimization.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

    "People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

  10. #10
    The Lightbringer Istaril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Scotland. Freedom and So on.
    Posts
    3,250
    That game should've gotten atleast 3-6 months more pure optimization.
    They've been on a tight budget for a while, I suspect they had to release it. They were literally struggling with rent at some points in the creation of it.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    They've been on a tight budget for a while, I suspect they had to release it. They were literally struggling with rent at some points in the creation of it.
    I know, many of my favourite games have been released in abhorrent state. It doesn't change the facts though, not in their part nor on those who pushed out the titles I liked.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

    "People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •