1. #1

    I was wrong, Blizz DID shove dailies down my throat!

    I leveled my main to 90 pretty damn quick. Leveled 2 other guys to 90 pretty damn fast also. For the most part I've seen a lot of people bitching about having to do dailies to get optimal gear and for the most part I just kind of shrugged it off. They always seemed optional to me, and to an extent they still are, but upon getting my other toons to 90, i noticed something. To get into the first 2 raids, you need an item level of 460. This ain't so bad. You can get full 463 gear through heroics so that's not a big issue. But you need to get an item level of 470 to get into the next few raids, and that's where my problem is. How the hell am I supposed to get to IL 470 without doing the dailies? I already got damn near all the best gear I can get from heroics. And I can only raid 6 bosses a week and nothing I can use ever seems to drop for me.

    So...my plan was to wait until the double rep patch to do any dailies on my alts, which I'm still dreading. But...if you want to get into these last few raids, how the hell are you spos'ed to do that without the dailies? I just did all 6 bosses I can do on both my alts and not ONE piece of loot dropped for me. Am I really just supposed to do these same bosses over and over again until I have a high enough item level to get in? That could take months! I still need between 5 or 6 item level points to get to 470 on both these toons. The only other half reasonable options I see are getting the conquest pvp gear which i don't pvp on these toons, or pay an extraordinary amount of gold to pick up the leatherworking/blacksmithing pieces that could boost my IL high enough to get me into the last raids. And in a way, I'm one of the lucky ones. I got both of the IL 470 Headless Horseman rings on both of my toons, which actually boosted my IL a few points.

    Am I missing something? Is there another option? I had several problems with the Item Level system but this is just too much. They really DO make you do dailies if you want to see the last few raids.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Radoria View Post
    I leveled my main to 90 pretty damn quick. Leveled 2 other guys to 90 pretty damn fast also. For the most part I've seen a lot of people bitching about having to do dailies to get optimal gear and for the most part I just kind of shrugged it off. They always seemed optional to me, and to an extent they still are, but upon getting my other toons to 90, i noticed something. To get into the first 2 raids, you need an item level of 460. This ain't so bad. You can get full 463 gear through heroics so that's not a big issue. But you need to get an item level of 470 to get into the next few raids, and that's where my problem is. How the hell am I supposed to get to IL 470 without doing the dailies? I already got damn near all the best gear I can get from heroics. And I can only raid 6 bosses a week and nothing I can use ever seems to drop for me.

    So...my plan was to wait until the double rep patch to do any dailies on my alts, which I'm still dreading. But...if you want to get into these last few raids, how the hell are you spos'ed to do that without the dailies? I just did all 6 bosses I can do on both my alts and not ONE piece of loot dropped for me. Am I really just supposed to do these same bosses over and over again until I have a high enough item level to get in? That could take months! I still need between 5 or 6 item level points to get to 470 on both these toons. The only other half reasonable options I see are getting the conquest pvp gear which i don't pvp on these toons, or pay an extraordinary amount of gold to pick up the leatherworking/blacksmithing pieces that could boost my IL high enough to get me into the last raids. And in a way, I'm one of the lucky ones. I got both of the IL 470 Headless Horseman rings on both of my toons, which actually boosted my IL a few points.

    Am I missing something? Is there another option? I had several problems with the Item Level system but this is just too much. They really DO make you do dailies if you want to see the last few raids.
    It would seem you answered your own question.

  3. #3
    Mechagnome Hexotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    707
    world bosses drop a large quantity of items that greatly boost ur ilvl, gluck

  4. #4
    Yeah, I agree, 460-470 is a real stinker if you are unlucky with LFR drops.
    I think Blizz's answer to that is professions, or buy crafted gear on the AH.
    Also that Sha boss will get you some nice boots the first time you kill it. That helps I guess.
    The Klaxxi necklaces aren't so bad, you only need honored for those, and I got honored without doing any dailies.
    There's a whole thread somewhere outlining alternative ways to get gear (they all blow, though, imho!)

  5. #5
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    45
    Yes. After the crafted gear, BoEs and Sha, without dailies you will have to farm LFR until you reach an item level of 470. Precisely the reason why I unsubbed. The longer you cannot reach the threshold for the next LFR queue, the longer the queues will be to get into content you have reached the appropriate ilvl.

    I will probably resub if dungeons are added that allow my characters to gear up a bit faster for the current tier of raids. Of course, that's if the LFR experience improves. DS LFR was actually pretty good for me. This first tier of LFR has been a disaster and frustrated me to the point of giving up on the expac until conditions improve. Such is the life of a casual player. I have no problems saving my money until conditions favor my playstyle.
    Last edited by EZduzit; 2012-11-20 at 03:23 AM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by EZduzit View Post
    Yes. After the crafted gear, BoEs and Sha, without dailies you will have to farm LFR until you reach an item level of 470. Precisely the reason why I unsubbed. The longer you cannot reach the threshold for the next LFR queue, the longer the queues will be to get into content you have reached the appropriate ilvl.

    I will probably resub if dungeons are added that allow my characters to gear up a bit faster for the current tier of raids. Of course, that's if the LFR experience improves. DS LFR was actually pretty good for me. This first tier of LFR has been a disaster and frustrated me to the point of giving up on the expac until conditions improve. Such is the life of a casual player. I have no problems saving my money until conditions favor my playstyle.
    You and the rest who share this mind set is what ruined this once great game. "GIMME EVERYTHING ON A SILVER PLATTER".

  7. #7
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by zomgarn View Post
    You and the rest who share this mind set is what ruined this once great game. "GIMME EVERYTHING ON A SILVER PLATTER".
    Nope, I don't care about gear as much as you think. I want to enjoy the game in my own little way, but the content has been gated enough to deter me. I don't have time to log on every day, or every week for that matter. I cannot afford BoE epics or crafted gear at this time or do enough dailies to unlock valor gear and recipes. As a matter of fact, I haven't capped valor since halfway through Cata. That's the way it goes.

    But saying I want everything handed to me on a silver platter is just rude and wrong. I was a very productive player, guild member and was once an avid raider. Save your rhetoric for someone else.

  8. #8
    Are MSV NM pugs viable yet? That's the easiest way to get some gear I'd imagine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  9. #9
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    32,512
    We really have enough dailies threads open right now. I see 2 to 3 a day. Please use an open thread to express your thoughts. An easy way is to check the most recent few pages of this forum, or you can search for the terms "dailies", "daily quests", or "dailys".



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •