Deleted

Feng HM : affliction , how to deal with sparks

Hello,

We are working on Feng HM, i'm playing affliction with KjC (tried out destro but could not find any good dps there because of 3 out of 4 phase with single target).

How do you dps the sparks on shadow phase ?
    i was about to SB:SoC an add then make it explode via SB:drain life and spam SBL

i'm not sure if its optimal dps on the add + boss ?

If your raid pulls the boss to the adds like we are doing and assuming they are being controlled then you don't have do do anything else then a SB:SoC on the boss followed by SoC spam on him. I've had to SB:CotE and SB:Exhaustion on them as well but it shouldn't be needed in a good setup, just remember to use Shadowfury once.

Deleted
    Pool up 4 soulshards and SB:SS onto 4 of them and manually dot the last, followed my malefic grasp / haunts if you get more soulshards, when it goes low you drain soul it, giving you back all of your shards when it dies. Then you bombard the remaining adds with haunts and drainsouls to stay at full soulshards. That's what I do in 10 man and I'm usually very high on the rankings of damage done to those, inside our raid.

Edit:
    If your guild really struggles with damage on those, save cooldowns for it and do a manual soulswap off the boss to instantly dot all 5 of them.

Do not limit yourself to just one specc:
    -Raid fails at damage on Soul Fragments -> Demo
    -Raid fails at damage on Feng -> Affli
    -Raid fails slightly at Soul Fragments -> finish them off with Havoc+SB as Destro
    Destro does not that bad in this fight, as people claim and in 25hm the highest public rank is even Destro.

To your question: If the adds live longer than 8 seconds, I would SB:SS 4 of them or put a SB:SoC on the boss a moment before they spawn.
    But you will surely never see me doing this, because with 2 mages demo is superior, since the mages can continue on the boss.

It would be helpful to know if you raid 10 or 25 mode, since that alters some tactics.
    Either way, this is a boss, where I wouldn't play Affliction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killem View Post
    Do not limit yourself to just one specc:
    -Raid fails at damage on Soul Fragments -> Demo
    -Raid fails at damage on Feng -> Affli
    -Raid fails slightly at Soul Fragments -> finish them off with Havoc+SB as Destro
    Either way, this is a boss, where I wouldn't play Affliction.
    I agree here. My raid failed at fragments as well so I went Demo. CoE aura and Demo AE power make it very strong there. Carrion Swarm's pushback is just icing on the cake.
    Even with a wand as weapon I still do my fair share of damage on the boss in the other phases.

Deleted
    Pick MF, SB:SC boss when they are about to spawn. SB:CoE and spam seed. Keep Dots up on boss with SB:SS if they are about to drop. I did about 1.9M dmg to adds this week and we got only 1 set of those. Easy and effective enough.

E: Raiding 10man

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isopahajuho View Post
    Pick MF, SB:SC boss when they are about to spawn. SB:CoE and spam seed. Keep Dots up on boss with SB:SS if they are about to drop. I did about 1.9M dmg to adds this week and we got only 1 set of those. Easy and effective enough.

E: Raiding 10man
    What is "MF"?
    Last edited by mmoc1fcdad737c; 2012-11-21 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Exactly when I posted this I started feeling the effects of the cup of "coffee" I drank 2 hours ago... and the time is 4:20!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shuriko View Post
    What is "MF"?
    Mannoroth's Fury.

If you're talking about adds on Shield phase....

As Affliction the only thing you can really do to them is SB:Seed off Feng to get Corruption rolling on all the adds and then maybe 1 or 2 more Seeds off Feng, then it's just tunnel Feng. Realistically you only do that if you want to swim in Soul Shards (who doesn't?) while contributing some to the adds.

If your guild is having trouble killing them...I'd go Destro or Demo. Demo will be better if the adds die slower, Destro if adds die faster since you can snipe KB's with Shadowburn for easy Embers.

Deleted
    More details :

We raid 25 , and we downed him yesterday, tho i feel on the down and the tries, that i'm ok with affliction for the 3 phases except the add one, it's well handled by the raid and we are not too slow on dps or anything, it's just optimisation, i have several options , drain life, sb drain life, sb:soc, soc, sb:ss all the add i can , etc

and tbh i don't have any idea, and from the answers i got here (thanks to all the replyers), i don't see any pattern which everyone seem to use (aka anwsers seem all different), of what is the _best_ way to go with no constrain (tunnel boss or multi dot add or aoe)

You don't need MF for this fight unless your group doesn't hug properly so they all spawn close to each other. Now as for other specs yes they are better.

What I do is make sure I start the phase with 4 shards and have my dots renewed on the boss. Then the spell rotation is SB:CoE->SB:SSx3 and after that I spam SoC on the dotted targets doing chain explosions like crazy. This way I can do from 2-2,5M per shield phase (we do 2 of these) using this pillar-like technique.

If for some reason one of your seeds is stubborn and won't explode throw a fel flame, it probably just needs a nudge. Mind you though that the tanks need to come and aoe as well.

Edit:Forgot to mention that I also stun them in the beginning.
    Last edited by Bidis; 2012-11-21 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sster View Post
    More details :

We raid 25 , and we downed him yesterday, tho i feel on the down and the tries, that i'm ok with affliction for the 3 phases except the add one, it's well handled by the raid and we are not too slow on dps or anything, it's just optimisation, i have several options , drain life, sb drain life, sb:soc, soc, sb:ss all the add i can , etc

and tbh i don't have any idea, and from the answers i got here (thanks to all the replyers), i don't see any pattern which everyone seem to use (aka anwsers seem all different), of what is the _best_ way to go with no constrain (tunnel boss or multi dot add or aoe)
    Honestly if you're doing 25's and they need the AoE damage, go a different spec. If your AoE damage is fine then stay Aff and explode a couple of seeds (one soulburned). There are other classes that do FAR better and FAR more efficient AoE DPS than an Aff Lock. You're better off tunneling boss and getting some free shards with a soulburned seed explosion on the adds.

Honestly as affliction I feel that my SB: (glyphed) CoE is by far the most important factor in my contribution. It's ridiculously amazing in this situation.

play demonology.