Thread: Arena lag

Deleted

Arena lag

This has been going on at least 1-2 months now. Anyone else heavily experiencing it? It's pretty tiredsome trying to kill or land CC on any pillarhugging healer seeing as they are 1 seconds ahead of you, and positioned entirely different than what you expect. For example I have missed tons of psychic screams on my priest, because the target is zig zagging on my screen..

As a caster you either kill a healer in a stun (deep freeze), or they are not dying at all. Except in the rare situation where the healer got feared out in the open. Any other time you wont be able to position yourself properly, because your target is miles ahead of you running around a pillar. And it's not possible to preposition yourself, because your target is not positioned the same spot as you visually see.

Maybe it's just because I play on a heavy populated server, on the most active battlegroup in Europe, but Ive seen this server type of lag influence matches on streams too, so it's definitely not only my own issue.
    Last edited by mmoca20fa69a21; 2012-11-21 at 10:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had some insane arena lag, the lag wouldnt start before the gate opened.

I found out what the problem was though. Do you have the addon "PortraitTimers"? I think thats what its called. Thats the thing that fucked up my arenas.
    Could be some other addon aswell

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a ping program blizz has failed to address for awhile now, healers use it mainly to avoid cc. All they have to do is a press a hotkey and raises their ping and makes it look like they are lagging hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Principe View Post
    It's a ping program blizz has failed to address for awhile now, healers use it mainly to avoid cc. All they have to do is a press a hotkey and raises their ping and makes it look like they are lagging hard.
    That's pretty lame if that is the case. Though this seem like the only possible explanation, as it is far from everyone who lags around like I described.

Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    I had some insane arena lag, the lag wouldnt start before the gate opened.

I found out what the problem was though. Do you have the addon "PortraitTimers"? I think thats what its called. Thats the thing that fucked up my arenas.
    Could be some other addon aswell
    It's not fps or ping lag, and it is not everyone lagging around. Very often it is only 1 or 2 players on the enemy team who are lagging, and never anyone on my own team.

As a Resto Sham when I have any melee (warriors more predominantly but the test pool is heavy with FotM) I see them glitching ALL over the place around me. Just bouncing from point to the other for the majority of the games. It really chaps my ass when trying to totemic project a stun totem to give myself breathing room only to see I've located it in a spot away from them entirely.