Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    OT: Forsedar I always LOVE to read your posts here, you are so deep optimist about TOR. It awlays makes my day Thanks fella, despite the fact that may people would like it to be different: TOR IS a good game... you just need to approach it in a different way than any other standard mmo + turn off "EA IS SHIT" thinking... To be if I play certain game and have fun playing it I do not care if EA/Blizz/Zynga/whathever made it, If i play it -> I like it -> this game is the best. Why? Because I want to spend my money on it cause it fits me. If you think different, it's your call but do not try to ruin someone's experience only because you have different point of view

I would buy it. I support games I like. If it fails, then I'll go find another game to support. No muss, no fuss. Done and done.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

I logged in today and saw that they had server merged, though I was still on the same server apparently my names are taken and I had to rename some of my characters.

That was enough to annoy me enough to ragequit and play something else.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I logged in today and saw that they had server merged, though I was still on the same server apparently my names are taken and I had to rename some of my characters.
    Happened to me, too. One of my characters had to be renamed. Was a bit surprised, beause my realm was the destination realm, but I suppose they had a mix of factors to decide this so that it would be fair for everyone. No big deal for me though, my higher level chars kept their names and my legacy wasn't changed either so I'm fine with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post

That was enough to annoy me enough to ragequit and play something else.
    My guess as Ive heard this has happened to quite a few people is that when they merged anyone with a active sub was given priority over non active subs when it came to name change. That is fair in my opinion.

"This will most likely be a Cartel Market exclusive. However, its price point will be reasonable, and subscribers wishing not to pay for it will have the option of storing up the Cartel Coins they earn for free through the Loyalty Program"

Yeah I agree this can turn off some people.. Oh well.. at least's it's more reasonable than WoW's TCG and Blizzard store only mount/pet.. Those you ONLY have the option of using more cash to buy.. This you can at least store up using your subscription.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those that logged on after all of the server merging... it may be the same name but the server infrastructure is COMPLETELY different.

They developed a new tech and recreated those servers. We were on Prophecy of the Five before the huge servers were created (the 2nd merger) and, while the process was going on, there were TWO Pot5 servers 'Offline'.

I lost my character name, guild name, etc. It sucks but thats what happens when you send multiple servers to one 'super-server'.

If the cathar race costs coins in the cartel shop, I'd only be upset if it cost more than the amount they're giving me each month for subbing. And the same goes for any other new added feature up on the shop like it.