Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Hey guys Method is raiding. Go cheer for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Everyone is free to join BL, Vodka and Exodus on the US realms - I dont see the problem here, if you're aiming for world firsts.
    Your idea is kind of strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Heart of Fear everyone had equal footing since the first boss wasn't in a state to kill it when the server went live in US.
    Yes it was, several guilds had sub 5% wipes, I'm sure I saw a screenshot of one guild on a 1% wipe. It was way overtuned, but not unkillable.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Your idea is kind of strange.
    As strange as top guilds already running 6 alt raids to equip their main chars? If they really want the world firsts, they should do everything for it. I dont see asians complain about getting patches 1 week later than EU.

I don't really see the point in world first's but meh as for releasing them at same time all over the place that would not work due to timezone differences.

It's fine the way it is and i think most hardcore raiders are fine with it as well. The world first thing is just something the community has made up its not something blizzard intend to support by changing raid release times for everyone and stuff.

Deleted
    Will they get it? Possibly. They are in the best position for it anyway but BL do have a history of letting things slip through their fingers at the last moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    I don't really see the point in world first's but meh as for releasing them at same time all over the place that would not work due to timezone differences.

It's fine the way it is and i think most hardcore raiders are fine with it as well. The world first thing is just something the community has made up its not something blizzard intend to support by changing raid release times for everyone and stuff.
    Why would the timezone difference matter, though? Its not like anybody other than the guys racing for World First notices a difference between the raid releases, because it just doesn't affect anybody else.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by vegiisan View Post
    Incorrect, EU and US don't have equal chance because EU opens 24 hours later. So, BL are US First but not World first if a EU guild kills it so many hours/minutes earlier from when it opens for them.
    To correct you on timezones, its actually 17 hours difference between server openings if you use the timezones US (CST) and EU (CET+1) .
    I based that on Central Time in US and I'm not sure if that is correct for your servers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    no u don't understand him. What he ment was this let me explain :

Tuesday 11:00 AM Terrace released in the US.
    18 hours later Blood Legion kills 3 bosses.

Wednesday 11:00 AM Terrace released in the EU.
    15 hours later DREAM paragon kills 3 bosses.

that means that DREAM paragon is world first , because they did it in a smaller amount of time then Blood Legion.

so if they manage to kill The Sha in 5 hours from now , and they are a 23 hours full clear, then DREAM paragon still got 22 hours and 50 minutes to clear it before them.

understand it ?
    If someone went and created a light bulb the same way as Thomas Edison, but on a younger age. Would that label that person as the inventor? /sarcasm off

A world first is exactly what it says, a world FIRST

Quote Originally Posted by Zamzara View Post
    If someone went and created a light bulb the same way as Thomas Edison, but on a younger age. Would that label that person as the inventor?
    it doesn't work like that it works more like:
    Heat 1 of a race does their run today Heat 2 of a race does theirs' tomorrow if the best runner in Heat 1 completes the race in 1hr and the best runner in Heat 2 completes the race in 50mins then tech the top runner from Heat 2 would get the gold.

So Blood Legion starts Tuesday finish the bosses in say 15hrs and Method starts Wednesday and they complete it in 14hrs then Method should technically get rank 1 on the kill over Blood Legion.

fastest time requires more skill than world first.

"world first" is the term everyone uses and there is no denying that a first kill is a first kill. but anyone who actually sees it as a display of guild skill considers the time zone differences.

blood legion is a very skilled and dedicated guild and if they beat eu guilds to fastest clear of the instance then they will truly be #1 guild in the world

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 11:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nujist View Post
    it doesn't work like that it works more like:
    Heat 1 of a race does their run today Heat 2 of a race does theirs' tomorrow if the best runner in Heat 1 completes the race in 1hr and the best runner in Heat 2 completes the race in 50mins then tech the top runner from Heat 2 would get the gold.

So Blood Legion starts Tuesday finish the bosses in say 15hrs and Method starts Wednesday and they complete it in 14hrs then Method should technically get rank 1 on the kill over Blood Legion.
    a perfect analogy

Deleted
    If someone went and created a light bulb the same way as Thomas Edison, but on a younger age. Would that label that person as the inventor? /sarcasm off

A world first is exactly what it says, a world FIRST
    What a bad analogy...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xizz View Post
    Blood Legion has so far managed to get World First:

Protectors of the Endless

Tsulong

Lei Shi

It's looking very promising for them to secure World First Sha of Fear. I say that because I think in the time that Terrace has been released, Blood Legion has been capable of killing all three with a very very short amount of time. So unless any EU guilds can kill it quicker when it releases then I see Blood Legion securing Tier 14. Disappointing to see that Terrace wasn't that big of a challenge overall.

Edit: This isn't a debate on if US is better than EU at all, both have equal chance to get World First due to who kills it faster after release. Just stating that Terrace itself looks very easy if it's been killed less than 24hrs of release
    Seeing as Sha of Fear seems to be the only hard boss I doubt that 1 day advantage will do much of a difference. Method will kill it just as quick today and Paragon too if the difficulty is the same in 10 man. I hope Sha of Fear proves to be a real bitch and takes the entire week to kill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vegiisan View Post
    Incorrect, EU and US don't have equal chance because EU opens 24 hours later. So, BL are US First but not World first if a EU guild kills it so many hours/minutes earlier from when it opens for them.
    On the other hand, EU benefits (to some extent) from experience gained in the US the day before.

In my opinion any world first gained in the first 3-4 days after release is meaningless: If it goes down that fast it was too easy for the top guilds, and results are determined by whose realm got up first.

Deleted
    Paragon and Envy got Protectors down.