Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both are possible, but 90s will struggle with 25man.

Did it like 2 weeks after hitting 90, without any raiding gear. Just use Guardian and then Holy Avenger+Wings and he dies just about as the first drake lands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmmmBacon View Post
    Did it like 2 weeks after hitting 90, without any raiding gear. Just use Guardian and then Holy Avenger+Wings and he dies just about as the first drake lands.
    Are you sure you did that on 25 man?

I can't really say it's possible to do solo.
    I've been attempting it at 10 man with my druid, and it's doable.
    But 25 man? You will not be able to DPS Sartharion enough before the second dragon lands.

I was able to do it as a boost run for someone paying me to tank with 5 people DPS racing, but I sincerely doubt this boss will be soloable in the near future at 25 man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

You need to do at least 43k dps to kill him a few seconds before Shadron lands (89 seconds after the pull) on ten man

You need to do at least 127k dps to kill him a few seconds before Shadron lands on 25 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Benitora View Post
    I can't really say it's possible to do solo.
    I've been attempting it at 10 man with my druid, and it's doable.
    But 25 man? You will not be able to DPS Sartharion enough before the second dragon lands.

I was able to do it as a boost run for someone paying me to tank with 5 people DPS racing, but I sincerely doubt this boss will be soloable in the near future at 25 man.
    This is a paladin thread Beni, so we're just burst damage kings. I think in full tier, pre-pot, epic gemmed axe and flawless execution you can probably do it. So most likely right in 5.1. Also that's all raid-finder stuff, at item level 470 I was able to go at Sarth right up to where he'd go immune and that's prior to having the 2-piece set bonus.

As a druid I'd probably go lazer-turkey (Happy Thanksgiving!), drop as many burst things as you can, pre-pot and then just go to town. Blasting him with as many burst things as you can. You might be able to do it as Protector, but you'll want to just kill the big humanoid dragons - their curse makes it impossible to kill anything - and then leave everything else up for as high of vengeance as possible. Though with the vengeance cap now that might not be doable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pft, As I said, 90s will have a problem with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrxjDU-JGwA

It has been done by a few twinks though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    This is a paladin thread Beni, so we're just burst damage kings. I think in full tier, pre-pot, epic gemmed axe and flawless execution you can probably do it. So most likely right in 5.1. Also that's all raid-finder stuff, at item level 470 I was able to go at Sarth right up to where he'd go immune and that's prior to having the 2-piece set bonus.

As a druid I'd probably go lazer-turkey (Happy Thanksgiving!), drop as many burst things as you can, pre-pot and then just go to town. Blasting him with as many burst things as you can. You might be able to do it as Protector, but you'll want to just kill the big humanoid dragons - their curse makes it impossible to kill anything - and then leave everything else up for as high of vengeance as possible. Though with the vengeance cap now that might not be doable.
    True as that may be, I just wanted to give my insight on it.
    I do love to solo things, and I like doing with with all classes that I pick to play.
    Paladin, Druid, Hunter and Monk are currently my solo classes, though I'm mostly focusing on my druid.

Not saying it's impossible either, just that at the moment I don't see the possibility to do it since I haven't tested properly with proper gear.
    I prefer to test things for myself before I take the word of others regarding these things, so I'm a bit upstuck there.
    But don't worry, I will attempt to do it on my Paladin as well in the near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

10+ Year Old Account
    10 man OS can be done by almost all class solo, is harder for priest, but if you have Good Equipment (At least Full heroic dungeons) you can, 25 man can be soloed by some class like Dks, and can be done with 2 players (doesn't matter the class)

25man would require 200k dps during execute phase, and 130k average, unless you dodge+parry+immune for 15seconds+

Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    Pft, As I said, 90s will have a problem with it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrxjDU-JGwA
    It has been done by a few twinks though.
    Amazing as always!

Me and me husband killed Sarth25+3 yesterday. 2 retri-palas. Last seconds was really painful :/

Quote Originally Posted by steelslife View Post
    Amazing as always!

Me and me husband killed Sarth25+3 yesterday. 2 retri-palas. Last seconds was really painful :/
    Have one of you "tank" the boss and use righteous fury and self-less healer to keep drawing all the adds to them. Have the other either use selfless healer or sacred shield with a focus macro to keep the tank bubbled/healed and you'll probably find it a little easier.

I play warrior. If I can burst him down with 3 drakes BEFORE any of the drakes activate so can you. And even if you can't. He really can't kill you.

I just did it on 10 man without holy avenger and did 107k, going to try it on 25m next week.
    “A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.”
    ― Shigeru Miyamoto

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Have one of you "tank" the boss and use righteous fury and self-less healer to keep drawing all the adds to them. Have the other either use selfless healer or sacred shield with a focus macro to keep the tank bubbled/healed and you'll probably find it a little easier.
    i was "tank", dps and "healer" for myself. used nearly all Holy Avenger "procs" for WoG.
    and we don't need sarth anymore since i got this damn mount finally

Deleted
    Tried 25m 3d drakes with 484 ilvl, it was impossible, got him to about 60% couldn't seem him going down further,

Deleted
    Seeing as we have really strong cooldowns we can pop right off the bat, ret palas should be easily capable of soloing it.

10 man is soloable easy on retribution, 25 man isn't that easy to solo, possible if you have good gear. But its really easy to duo with another damage dealer. If you have a friend that wants the drake just do it 2 weeks in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by McLockhart View Post
    I believe one of the drakes have a mechanic which requires you to enter the portal and deal with an add in there. However if you're alone the drake will despawn. Perhaps that will be changed?
    If you burst him fast enough you shouldnt have to do that.