10+ Year Old Account

Dumb DW Question

So I've never really played DW that much and I was just trying to understand it a little better.

Basically I get the masterfrost aspect where you stack master for high frost damage since HB and frost strike are your priorities but I'm trying to fully understand why you always want 1 unholy rune up, is that so that RC or BT will only pop a death/frost rune?

If that is the case could you ignore anything that uses your unholy runes (with the exception of once in a blue moon) as well as ignore blood plague since it's extremely low damage by itself and you'll be ignoring Obl anyways? It would definitely promote using plague leach pretty much on CD.

I'm sort of hitting a mental block with this one and I can't seem to find my answer. It trivializes the priority if you ignore your unholy runes but I also don't know how much you would be crippling your DPS by doing it. I'll have to test it out on a dumby target some time but I'm curious.

Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    So I've never really played DW that much and I was just trying to understand it a little better.

Basically I get the masterfrost aspect where you stack master for high frost damage since HB and frost strike are your priorities but I'm trying to fully understand why you always want 1 unholy rune up, is that so that RC or BT will only pop a death/frost rune?

If that is the case could you ignore anything that uses your unholy runes (with the exception of once in a blue moon) as well as ignore blood plague since it's extremely low damage by itself and you'll be ignoring Obl anyways? It would definitely promote using plague leach pretty much on CD.

I'm sort of hitting a mental block with this one and I can't seem to find my answer. It trivializes the priority if you ignore your unholy runes but I also don't know how much you would be crippling your DPS by doing it. I'll have to test it out on a dumby target some time but I'm curious.
    From what I gather, if you're using RE you want 1 on cd using OB or DnD so that it has a higher chance to return a death or frost. If you're using blood tap you actually always want both unholy on CD because BT will use those first.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 04:04 PM ----------

But in the case of RE you don't want to "just ignore" using unholy because that's a wate of damage, you just want to increase the likelihood of a death/frost being returned.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.