Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    So because your not paying attention its bugged? I havn't seen it bug out personally or anybody else say its bugged.
    Omfg, do you have a reading issue? This thread is about whether or not DBM and BW have some bug issues on this specific encounter. I have replied, that my guild has seen a couple.

How is the mark that's supposed to be on top of the person who Unseen Strike is landing on not appearing, about me not paying attention? How is the announcement of who the target is by name not being announced, me not paying attention.

Stop being such an idiot and again - l2 read.

Sometimes the default blizzard arrow does not apply itself to the target. Not saying that boss timers are necessary, but this bug can and does occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Omfg, do you have a reading issue? This thread is about whether or not DBM and BW have some bug issues on this specific encounter. I have replied, that my guild has seen a couple.

How is the mark that's supposed to be on top of the person who Unseen Strike is landing on not appearing, about me not paying attention? How is the announcement of who the target is by name not being announced, me not paying attention.

Stop being such an idiot and again - l2 read.
    No need to start taking your frustrations out on me because you cant down a easy boss man. Chill out.

If OP is still around, the DBM timer error is as i believe attributed to the haste buff on the boss as the fight progresses. Initially the timers are correct via DBM. As the stacks increase the timers vary. As a tank for Blade Lord; swapping per 2 stacks is semi-difficult to predict. I usually pop a minor cooldown for the overwhelming assault about 5-8 seconds before the off tank loses his stacks, after the swapping point i rarely look at DBM. For everything else it's about spreading out.

The unseen strike can vary as well; i have no incidents on the mark not appearing though.
    Last edited by Hastos88; 2012-11-23 at 07:20 AM.

Last time I checked timers are often the cooldown of the boss ability and when the timer is out he CAN cast it, but obviously he can cast any ability that is not on cooldown and therefore he deleys one of them.

We also had the bug with mark not showing up but it's not exactly hard to check for a big badass boss standing there ready to cleave people, just move infront and don't stand at max range so that you can run in before it hits.

Yes the timers are off but it is possible to kill the boss without them. I had accidentally turned BigWigs off yesterday and realized only after killing Zorlok and Tayak HC farm.

You get a mark on the person with it and you have a distinct sound that plays when the debuff is applied on someone. As soon as you hear it, move to your stack spot.
    Ashr

10+ Year Old Account
    People haven't switched to BigWigs yet?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    I call bullshit on that
    without CDs the second strike the boss does after a certain amount of intensify stacks straight up one shoots me, I would have no idea when that strike is coming without said timers unless I count the time between the strikes manually and I remember how long said ability CD is

now given that I am not a god damn math genius with perfect memory and counting ability, timers are pretty nice to have

@OP, did you update DBM? there was one the previous week, was also inaccurate before that update but works fine now (edit: didn't do him this week yet or on heroic), just keep in mind that the timers are for the CDs on his abilities and they can overlap, so if unseen and the tornado thing get off CD at the same time he might use one or the other first
    neither big wigs or dbm shows this debuff cooldown, but it is 20 seconds (means if you look at your debuff when it gets applied, it starts at 45 secs - so at 25 secs left, another stack will be added) you should be able to cope with this tbh

You don't need timers for unseen strike. He puts an enormous arrow and does an emote when he casts it. The delay between the cast and the actual damage is long enough for your raid to stack up. Even if the arrow doesn't appear (we haven't run into this problem yet), your raid should be capable of stacking up together every time he casts it.

That bug would be annoying, but it shouldn't be a big deal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PHsname View Post
    You don't need timers for unseen strike. He puts an enormous arrow and does an emote when he casts it. The delay between the cast and the actual damage is long enough for your raid to stack up. Even if the arrow doesn't appear (we haven't run into this problem yet), your raid should be capable of stacking up together every time he casts it.

That bug would be annoying, but it shouldn't be a big deal.
    Again, the arrow didn't always show - as myself and others have pointed out several times now......

And no, it's not that big of a deal, since you just stack up but it does cause a bit of confusion.

As one person has pointed out on the first page, apart from the first Unseen Strike, which he will do after one Wind Step (and DBM's timer for the first Unseen is fine), he will always do two Wind Steps before the next Unseen Strike.

Keeping that in mind, you can stay spread until the second Wind Step. As soon as the second Wind Step occurs, ranged and healers can move in closer (but not stack on tank/melee because he may still cast Tempest Slash and spawn a tornado) and even stand closer than 8 yards to each other. This way when he casts Unseen Strike, everyone is already very close to each other and makes it easy enough to run to the person you need to stack on (my group always stacks on tank).

If you didn't get the Hunter Mark-like arrow over someone, that was probably a bugged attempt. I personally haven't seen that happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Maybe you should stop being bad and notice that everything is scripted to hell and you can predict what ability he is doing based on his previous cast ability.

For example he always casts 2 windsteps before the unseen strike apart from when you initially pull it.
    Pretty sure it's 3 windsteps, in either case your missing the point in the case of the person asking for advice, perhaps your visual awareness is brilliant.., but your ability to give advice and social interaction is fucking sheit!

As someone mentioned earlier up, by far the best way to adjust if / when needed is to ensure your close enough to stack reasonably fast if a timer misses. Also ensure people are using a personal cd in this case, if 1-2+ isn't making it in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Again, the arrow didn't always show - as myself and others have pointed out several times now......

And no, it's not that big of a deal, since you just stack up but it does cause a bit of confusion.
    The arrow is supposed to show up. It occasionally bugs and doesn't. I accounted for both in my post. Be a bit less defensive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PHsname View Post
    The arrow is supposed to show up. It occasionally bugs and doesn't. I accounted for both in my post. Be a bit less defensive.
    See the thing is, that you and others keep talking like the arrow not appearing or the announcement not showing is a huge problem and I personally never said that. That's what's annoys me. It's not about timers or arrows, it's about whether or not there's a bug - comprende?

Deleted
    always use alpha releases, and update right before you start a raiding night