Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Lol you're interesting.

A cop detains someone because they won't give them their name, never mind there is no legal obligation to. The law is the supreme law in a country. When you have officers trying to intimidate you to do something that you don't have to do because it's fully within your rights, we have a problem.

Not sure how it is where he lives, but here that's called obstruction of justice as you're impeding the police investigation into the incident.
    Besides, if he did nothing wrong as he claims there was no reason to be a pompous a** to the police that were just trying to do their job and deserved being treated like an a**

Deleted
    StayTuned vs everyone once again, awww when will he learn?

Infracted: Please don't derail threads.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2012-11-22 at 11:14 PM.

Deleted
    I have great respect for Reqq as a serving member of the marines, and i also regard our countries police force as ONE of the most humane and fairest amongst the world.

Do i think they were wrong to apprehend Reqq, Yes. I do, he did nothing wrong apart from be at said incident.
    Do i think the police were at fault, were to presumptious and heavy handed. Yes, im afraid so. They most likely were working nightshifts and were overworked, and tired and simply wanted to get the job written up ect.

Sadly however, people judge the majority from the minority. So its a never winning battle to show said example in the good light.

(P.s as for people bashing Reqq, Please put your life on the line and then come back and exercise the rights you FOUGHT for)

Quote Originally Posted by speedten View Post
    StayTuned vs everyone once again, awww when will he learn?
    Because I am alone on this one, Mr. 22 posts. Care to post with your main account?

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Two kinds of people hate cops:

1) The ignorant.

2) Criminals.

Most criminals are pretty ignorant, so it's mainly just the ignorant. There are bad apples in every line of work, police are not excluded from this. But most cops are genuinely good people who do the job because they sincerely want to help others and create a safe environment for all of us to live in. It's sad how underappreciated police are.
    Same can be said for people that hate politicians and governments.

Deleted
    You gain my respect when you serve your nation's armed forces. That doesn't mean you can't lose it for being disrespectful, childish, and ignorant.
    You know what? I'm more used to people giving me shit about my job on a daily basis than the other way around so losing your respect isn't really an issue. Manakin hit the nail on the head really - I was exercising my legal rights, was I a bit confrontational about it? Yeah, maybe. Point still stands though, the female Police Officer lied directly to me in an attempt to push her powers beyond that which she's legally allowed to do so.

I know you're getting all mad about this because you want to be a Police Officer, I get that but your personal attacks are quite childish in themselves. Again, they tried to insinuate that as a military person I had a legal obligation to tell them who I was, which is false - and I don't play cricket.

Also, please stop holding up the USMC as a beacon of virtue and professionalism that all other Marines must admire - "Oh a US Marine would never do that..." Bullshit!
    Last edited by mmoc36f8af66e9; 2012-11-22 at 06:48 PM.

Deleted
    All i can summarise from reading this thread is,
    1. Reqq was a little bit silly verging on being a dick. He can man up and take it, but fucking around with legal rights isnt a laughing matter.
    2. Virtua is a little bit of a pompous police cadet wannabe (No offence) but your launching a crusade agaisnt Reqq for sweet fuck all...

I think we can all absolve ourselfs if we watch a little bit of police academy (love that film haha)
    Last edited by mmoc1aca3196c5; 2012-11-22 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Spelling durrr

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    All i can summarise from reading this thread is,
    1. Reqq was a little bit silly verging on being a dick. He can man up and take it, but fucking around with legal rights isnt a laughing matter.
    2. Virtua is a little bit of a pompous police cadet wannabe (No offence) but your launcing a crusade agaisnt Reqq for sweet fuck all...

I think we can all absolve ourselfs if we watch a little bit of police academy (love that film haha)
    That's a fair cop!

Deleted
    Anyhow lads, im off to eat a curry and raid. I'll come back in a few hours. (Try and behave!)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like cops and I've found the best way to deal with them is to avoid situations and people that would cause them to come around.

Also, this pretty much:

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    I don't like cops and I've found the best way to deal with them is to avoid situations and people that would cause them to come around.

Also, this pretty much:
    omg, I love that video, I haven't seen it in forever, and its actually pretty true, if you followed those simple instructions(the non joke racist ones) then you'd be fine. :P

Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    Not sure how it is where he lives, but here that's called obstruction of justice as you're impeding the police investigation into the incident.
    Besides, if he did nothing wrong as he claims there was no reason to be a pompous a** to the police that were just trying to do their job and deserved being treated like an a**
    It's not obstruction of justice to not give your name when an officer asks for it if they have no reason for it. They couldn't prove they had reason for it and tried to intimidate him to give it; and gave up in the end, because the law was on HIS side. He wasn't obstructing justice lol.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 03:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    You know what? I'm more used to people giving me shit about my job on a daily basis than the other way around so losing your respect isn't really an issue. Manakin hit the nail on the head really - I was exercising my legal rights, was I a bit confrontational about it? Yeah, maybe. Point still stands though, the female Police Officer lied directly to me in an attempt to push her powers beyond that which she's legally allowed to do so.
    THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART HERE. Cops are there to uphold the law, not to intimidate you into doing things you don't legally have to do.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 03:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    No, because the corner store worker isn't willingly walking towards hoodlums to see if they are doing shady things. Most workers are advised to hand over anything the robber wants, or to lock themselves up in a safe room. No cop is going to lock himself in a panic room in case of danger.

I can also get robbed just by walking over the street... there is nothing respectable just because there is a possibility to get hurt from a 3rd person. It is the very nature of a cops job that makes it respectable.

Looks like you are reaching for straws.
    But didn't I say that I didn't want to discuss this any further? Oh my...

And how about actually saying the truth, regardless of the outcome for yourself? If my 'friend' would beat some innocent guy up, I'd make sure to tell the cops everything I know. Granted that I'd try to stop the fight anyway, and not just watch it like some moron. What kind of person just stands by and watches how one of his 'friends' beats up people?
    The point is no one said "beat up an innocent guy"it was "fight"if there is a fight and your friend is involved you could become a suspect. Hell even if you didn't know you could become guilty by association.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 03:25 PM ----------

Oh I actually agree. I can't help but laugh at those "fuck the government" kids that think every single politician is some power hungry Adolf Hitler incarnate. Like...these people are human beings. Like you and me. They have goals they want to accomplish. Like you and me. They have empathy for others. Like you and me. They fuck up. Like you and me. I'm not sure what's so hard to understand about that.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 11:49 AM ----------

I think we already went over a lot of this.

The situation wasn't that big of a deal. You made it one and were incredibly disrespectful and uncooperative with the police. You then proceeded to brag about it on video game forums.

I'm not saying the police handled that situation perfectly. I'm just saying that it would serve you well to treat others with respect and courtesy, including police. Rather than be a confrontational jackass, then brag about it.
    The situation wasn't a big deal, but it becomes a big deal when you have officers trying to get you to do something you don't legally have to do. Detain you and drive you around a bit to make you do something you don't legally have to do especially since you're not under arrest or anything. Disrespect isn't a crime, he cooperated enough according to the laws which is why he wasn't arrested for anything.

Cops have feelings yes, they feel they are human they fuck up, but I don't give a shit about that. Just how a CEO at a large company doesn't give a shit that one of his workers is tired and cost the company 2 million dollars. You can have sympathy, but at the end of the day you need to be held to an extremely high standard and not fuck up. When fucking up as a cop can = the death of an innocent person, we have a problem.

For instance.

Cops bang on mans door and don't identify themselves, man comes to door with gun, cops shoot him to death. Turns out cops had the wrong house.

Old lady calls cops and says a man is breaking into her house. Old lady fires gun and scares the burglar away, the cops apparently had no idea that the old lady was the person who called the cops (obvious lack of communication here) and shot her to death as she walked to a relatives house across the yard.
    Last edited by Themius; 2012-11-22 at 08:26 PM.

Wow, I'm kind of horrified that people came down so hard on Reqq for doing exactly what you are supposed to do. For shame! There is no cause for badgering someone for doing exactly what is their right to do. Reqq wasn't interfering with their investigation in any way, and was definitely at risk for guilt by association.

Police officers are free to lie to you, will actively try to trick you to look for inconsistencies, they have no problem detaining and intimidating innocent people in the course of an investigation, they will bully you into believing that you have to answer their questions and let them search you or your property. That's not a tin foil hat, that is exactly what they are trained to do, their job is to find information through whatever legal course necessary, and no where in there does it include protecting your reputation.

I love and respect our officers (I couldn't sleep after watching that video), I have had many officers friends and have many in my family, and every one has told me the same thing: NEVER TALK TO THE POLICE. You want to cooperate with an investigation, you can do it through a lawyer. You ever say anything to a cop, you definitely do so at your own risk. Bad cops aren't common, but we all know that they are there.

Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    I love and respect our officers (I couldn't sleep after watching that video), I have had many officers friends and have many in my family, and every one has told me the same thing: NEVER TALK TO THE POLICE. You want to cooperate with an investigation, you can do it through a lawyer. You ever say anything to a cop, you definitely do so at your own risk. Bad cops aren't common, but we all know that they are there.
    Speaking of this. I know a few officers. I know federal officers who protect all the government buildings. I know two detectives as well. The detectives one day when we were all talking (they're my god mothers sons) were joking and saying never talk to a cop, even if you've done nothing wrong.

I respect officers; however, at no point should we turn and bash someone for simply protecting themselves which is their right under the LAW. While saying nothing of the officers who tried to firstly pry, and secondly lie, to get information out of him he had no legal obligation to give.

Most cops abuse their power at every given chance. The cops who aren't assholes are told what to do by the ones who are assholes making them also assholes even if they didnt want to be in the first place. I have never met a good cop and I have police in my family. I see how they treat other people, like they are always wrong or something. I hate police.

10+ Year Old Account
    ....Wow. Crazy vid.

However, this is no blanket coverage of 'all cops are bad' or 'all cops don't deserve this' or anything like that. (Ok, don't get me wrong, nobody deserves to be shot.) Humans are humans, and as such, we as a species do stupid shit. It's in our nature, apparently. Cops go bad, good cops get gunned down by retards, etc. It sucks, but they knew what they were getting into when they joined, just like anyone in the military who gets sent to the front lines. Your life expectancy drops the longer you're doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

The point is no one said "beat up an innocent guy"it was "fight"if there is a fight and your friend is involved you could become a suspect. Hell even if you didn't know you could become guilty by association.
    A fight rarely happens by both parties agreeing to it. So someone was the aggressor, and someone was the defender. Not trying to stop the fight and not saying what you saw are both bitch moves. Of course, if you didn't help but only watched you broke the law by denial of assistance and you would incriminate yourself by telling what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Most cops abuse their power at every given chance. The cops who aren't assholes are told what to do by the ones who are assholes making them also assholes even if they didnt want to be in the first place. I have never met a good cop and I have police in my family. I see how they treat other people, like they are always wrong or something. I hate police.
    This is true when it comes to stop and frisk in new york. Cops were urged by other cops to stop and frisk more or face suspension; therefore, you had cops makin ga bunch of unnecessary stops and frisking people that didn't need frisking , all for the sake of keeping numbers up.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 04:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    A fight rarely happens by both parties agreeing to it. So someone was the aggressor, and someone was the defender. Not trying to stop the fight and not saying what you saw are both bitch moves. Of course, if you didn't help but only watched you broke the law by denial of assistance and you would incriminate yourself by telling what happened.
    If you are with your friend and you go somewhere, and you had no clue what was happening and your friend kills someone you can be charged with murder. Is the point I am getting at here. You clearly didn't do it but you can be guilty by association.

Not saying what you saw isn't a "bitch move" since there is a chance you can be brought up on charges because of your friend. Giving the cops probable cause to arrest you now versus if you didn't say anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's sad. Every case of "police brutality" gets 10 times the media coverage as a cop being killed on duty.

The police protect YOU. You should protect them too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Well if you are about to get a cop, i hope you are strong.
    There wont be any normal (non-cop) people anymore wanting to be your friends. Better prepare for such.
    This is untrue, none of my friends are in the Police force.

You don't like me? Why? What did I as an individual ever do to you?
    Last edited by Puck; 2012-11-22 at 09:35 PM.