Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Znuff View Post
    Worst person in this thread.
    You don't have to agree with me, that's fine. But you are the person who showed your true face with this post and your previous ones, you have no ground to judge people from.

Quote Originally Posted by lockthompson View Post
    OP, just because the guild is of casual status does not mean you can perform at a lower standard. By not playing affliction you're a liability to the raid so it isn't surprising they dropped you. Not everyone gets to play their most desired class/spec in raiding, you do it for the team, not for yourself.
    I think this one sums it up quite perfectly. Perhaps you should readjust your attitude a little, and tell them you are willing to respec and that they should give you another chance.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    it kinda depends on how much dps you are pulling, im a casual lock myself and i am constantly on the top side of the meter (as all warlocks should be) but if you are trailing behind by 15-20k dps, even for casuals that is reason enough to replace you.

And to be honest, with your attitude might have played a factor in them benching you.

All I can say is if you are doing bad dps and you know it but won't switch specs to do more dps then I see no reason why any guild should carry you. It is your own fault to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ituhippi View Post
    If you're clearly underperforming compared to playing a better spec, I don't see much problem there. As long as there is some valid reason, like wiping to berserk times.
    Damage dealing capability is much more than just berserk timers. Just having enough damage to meet the berserk timer isn't an indication of having enough damage for a fight. Plus even in general, higher damage makes everybodys jobs easier by reducing the time they have to perform without fucking up. Raiding is a group effort, and going "Eh, this'll do for me, you figure the rest out yourselves" isn't the proper way to go at it on any level.

Deleted
    Give us numbers and we can decide what's up.

Tho i'm not buying the they don't take me because im destro.

I'd believe they don't take me cause im destro and do 45 K dps tho.

Sounds to me like the guild that you were in wasn't casual. From what I've experienced in casual guilds, they don't usually bench people because of their dps/spec or performance. It's usually because every guild has it's own little "group" of buddies that all get invited first, then when someone's gone they pull in the next best person. Mostly because most casual guilds can only manage to raid with one group. But maybe that's just because my server's completely dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    IDpersona 1 question so that the rest of the bamboons bashing you understand what you're talking about : What's your progress and how easy do bosses die ?
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by idpersona View Post
    Ok,my definition of casual is"clearing normal modes after several weeks of tries and with some difficulty".Yeah,raids where minmaxing your dps is not as important as not failing on the encounter mechanics.
    From what I've seen just from the first page..

1. You like to overexaggerate
    2. You are NOT willing to do what is necessary.
    3. You are pissed about being replaced.

My solution is simple, Do what they ask and improve, or deal with the fact you got replaced... either or... you chose.

Just got kicked from my casual guild for refusing to play affliction-fuck this shit

That's the subject of your thread, if you were as tactical with your in game explanations as this along with your unwillingness to benefit 24 other people who are doing their best, i side with your ex-guild.

Being able to survive the mechanics and being able to perform over all are two very Very different things. Just because you stay alive doesn't mean you are good. Heck, I could stay alive 100% of the time if I wasn't dpsing. Does that mean I am good because I can do the fight mechanics? No. The only way you can be counted as good, or skilled, is if you can do the mechanics WHILE Performing your duty as the dps to put out as much dps as you possibly can.So, in short. You were not performing, you were simply surviving.
    Did you ever stop to think they want more dps out of you since they are stuck on that boss? Better dps means faster transitions which means less mana used OR more mana to use when its really needed in an upcoming phase for healers. See the picture? If you displayed this attitude in my guild after you were deliberately playing subpar, I would gkick you.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know affliction is the top spec, but are the other specs THAT far behind? (I've not leveled my lock yet) surely the gap can't be THAT big?

Deleted
    Pretty much what topic says.Well,i wasnt kicked(casual guilds dont usually kick,unless you make drama)but i got the"we dont invite you in farmraids anymore,and progress raids only if there's a free spot"treatment.Thing is,

1)Im not a bad player.I perform the mechanics of a fight without making stupid mistakes(something players on my guild did plenty) and often offer advice on the fights we do.
    2)Yes,especially on non-havocable fights,dps is shit.Still,it's always acceptable for enrage timers.

Even if your dps is acceptable for enrage timers ask your self this question- Who would you take a Lock who can play his spec with semi decent dps, but is always at the bottom of the table & we're cutting it really close on enrages Vs a lock who knows how to play all 3 specs to the best of his performance and is always top 3/4 in dps and now we're no where near hitting enrage Which lock would you pick?

Well nothing much to say,just venting.It's annoying that although lots of locks like playing destruction they're pretty much unable to play it(since my example shows that even casual guilds like mine that havent killed even normal mode Ta'yak yet benchkick you for it).
    You're venting about a causal guild and when you say causal it feels like your using that as a polite way of saying "this guild is just bad" but causal doesn't mean that. I was in a causal guild for DS we were 3/8 hc before nerfs raiding 3 nights a week.
    And like many others in this thread have said. If the guild has asked you to switch specs its because you could probably do more in the others. fair enough you don't like it but if Affliction pulls 60k+ easy on fights compare that to say 30k what would you honestly expect.

Deleted
    why should everyone else suffer for your lack of skill? can you explain this please?

Sim craft puts destro at something like >30k less dps than affliction for my in my current gear, its by far the worst spec at the moment.
    Thunder. Thunder. Thunder cats gooooooooooo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't listen to anyone who tells you how you should play, find a guild that respects your gameplay choices and accepts you as you are. Never swim with the current. You ar a person that pay to have fun, not their dps-slave. If they are not okay with that, screw them.

If you got kicked you pissed someone, because not doing enough dps on raids isn't reason to kick noone from guild.

Sorry if I don't understand, I'm a semi-core raider and I <3 to raid, but the most I love when raiding it's top meters and push the maximum that I can. Sometimes I get angry with me own, if I'm not topping meters or If i fail on some ability, I still don't get it why people like to raid and be carry be your guildies? What's the point?

Affliction isn't my favourite spec, it's Demonology but since Affliction it's doing around more 10k then Demonology on single target, I'm playing main spec Afflclition. And isn't boring like some people say. Just give it a try.

I play always the spec that does more damage on each encounter. Learn to play 3 specs if you really like a pure dps class.

Deleted
    What we can conclude here is that Casual doesn't really mean casual in the sense normal people see it. That's what people are trying to tell you.

Casual= Raiding 2-3 times/Week, 4 hours each session.
    Hardcore= Raiding everyday except Saturday and Sunday often for 6-8 hours or until lock is cleared.
    The different types of guilds doesn't really reflect how dedicated and competitive they are, just that they have more or less time to be so.

As I said previously and that many others have said, raiding like this probably isn't for you. You want a social guild without raidtimes.
    Find a nice and friendly guild and orchestra your own fun-raids when it suits you, it'll be much more pleasant and fun.

i wouldnt have treated you else if i was GM of that guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Destruction may be behind Affliction in the sims, but on those same sims it's still above 13 other DPS specs; including Shadow Priests, Balance Druids, Hunters, Ret Paladins, Monks and Elemental Shaman who lack alternative specs to fill the same role (Elemental going Enhancement isn't necessarily desirable for the player who wants to play ranged, or the raid who need the utility Elemental provides). The problem therefore, is not the spec: It's you.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2012-11-22 at 10:12 AM.