Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    He did break down and tell his family. "I remember at the dinner table with great excitement explaining to my wife, Susan, and my daughter, Bethany, what it was we were doing," says Zare. And then he experienced something many parents can relate to when talking to their kids.

"Bethany looked at me and said, 'pass the ketchup.' So, not everybody was as excited as I was," he says.

In before bacteria.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    But sadly it's not life or he must have the most dumbest daughter ever on earth by not responding to his news
    Seeing he works for NASA his daughter can't be that stupid, can she?
    Still I'm jealous at her she can hear all his secrets at dinner table haha
    That story and quote was from a different scientist, about a different discovery.

Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    I hope they found something that can make humans teleport to other dimensions!
    Because then we'd have to get a sample to the Black Mesa Complex for testing.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Yeah because we haven't even sent a manned mission to the moon in 40 years and that one is questionable.
    The Apollo program delivered six manned lunar landings and three circumlunar flights (including Apollo 13). I submit that if any of this seems questionable to you, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post
    The Apollo program delivered six manned lunar landings and three circumlunar flights (including Apollo 13). I submit that if any of this seems questionable to you, you're doing it wrong.
    The fact that telescopes can actually see remains and flags on the lunar surface as well.
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.

My bet is on some form of bacterial life,

After they discovered that glass eating bacteria (carbon eating) below the ocean in the rock thats respires anaerobically, a few people have been intrested to see what bacteria could thrive on a plant with no "earth" atmosphere or lack of oxygen

I hope it's Elvis.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    I hope it's Elvis.
    That's not funny. Completely silly and nonsensical to suggest that.

We all know he's on Jupiter.

Prothean ruins!
    Hail Sovereign!

Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Wizard- (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    The fact that telescopes can actually see remains and flags on the lunar surface as well.
    Stuff like the flags and Apollo hardware are too small for telescopes to resolve from Earth (or Earth orbit), but the landing sites have been documented by orbiting spacecraft like LRO.

Ironicaly the best thing that they could find there would be a precious metal or Oil that would surely drive the space exploration in such a force that we as a species would advance in 5 years what would take 50+ if only NASA would go there...

But i'm beting on methane traces or some compound that undeniably tells that water was present there.

Best case scenario probably a bacteria that would take years to properly study...

Stuff like the flags and Apollo hardware are too small for telescopes to resolve from Earth (or Earth orbit), but the landing sites have been documented by orbiting spacecraft like LRO.
    Except there are articles that detail how all but one flag are still upright. How would they know?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmoe View Post
    That's not funny. Completely silly and nonsensical to suggest that.

We all know he's on Jupiter.
    Jupiter doesn't have a "rock" vibe.

Probably a bunch of strange looking rocks. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Except there are articles that detail how all but one flag are still upright. How would they know?
    The LROC camera on Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter made that possible, not telescopes. If we had 100-meter or larger telescopes on Earth, it'd be a different story... but that's at least ten times the size of any optical aperture on the planet right now.

Signature pending

They found a pokéball!
    Or a rock shaped like pokéball....
    Okay just a rock, with traces of coal on it.
    FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma

They found Waldo.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Hail Sovereign!
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

The "one" referring to the first televised one with Armstrong that everyone talks about. Of course, they went in the 70's afterwards with landings. After they were there "first". Point is they went up there with a toaster oven CPU and they dont even bother to go up today, its useless. Not going to be going to mars for along time let alone mine shit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    I loved that line
    Last edited by skatblast; 2012-11-23 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    *crosses fingers* please be The Martian Manhunter please be The Martian Manhunter please be The Martian Manhunter.

It's probably not him....

Oh well, hope they have found proof that life existed on Mars, that would be amazing to discover I also hope if they find out they didn't find anything, they let us know what they thought they had found.
    I am so glad I'm not the only one that was thinking that.