Deleted

2 Healing Priests in 10m?

Hi,

I wanted to know if 2 Healing Priests is viable in a progressive 10m setup. There will be all buffs so that is not an issue.
    On fights that need 3 healers there will be a Resto Shaman, but for fights that need 2 he will play Ele.
    Therefore I was wondering if 2 healing priests, on a 2 heal fight, (either disc or holy depending on best spec for a fight) would work.

Thanks in advance.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Any combination works, really. There's no requirement to bring a certain class for any fight. You should be fine with two priests.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Deleted
    As long as it's not dual Disc you should be fine (I've healed as a Disc with a Holy priest on my side quite a bit). Not that Disc + Disc isn't doable, but at least for me the overlapping of shields pisses me off.

Deleted
    Disc Holy is a very good combination to have..

Raw Power of Holy and Preventing damage as disc, 2 Hymn of Hopes with Fiends for good mana regen makes u miss a mana tide totem even less.
    So yea totally viable

Deleted
    Holy (and disc) is one of the weaker healers right now, but there are no fights where holy is bad.

Those 2 priests should have off specs. So if one has a shadow off spec, the shaman can go resto. If one has a disc off spec, then the other one can stay holy and you play with holy + disc. That is to make up for those situations where resto shaman or disc is awesome. It provides you more versatility. Double disc is only good for one fight AFAIK: Spiritbinder.

Deleted
    Disc isn't weak at all now lolalola.
    Check WoL, but for me - I'm constantly doing 20-25k DPS and topping healing at ~55-60k. Depending on fight, obviously.

Deleted
    I run in a 10 man, usually holy, but with Disc OS and we have another priest that does the opposite. We usually run double disc on Windlord and marvel at the raid taking no damage at all most of the time. Fighting over rapture is annoying at best though.

For reference, we have been 10/16 heroic since last reset, so yes it can be done at fairly high progression levels too.

Edit to add, I feel I should point out that were I raid leading and deciding on group composition, I will prefer to not take 2 healing priests in a 10 man. Though some of things mentioned already in the thread can be very useful, missing the utility other classes can bring is troublesome at times too.
    Last edited by mmocb2e7b1dca6; 2012-11-22 at 05:05 PM.

It will kinda suck if you are giving up a buff another class would have been bringing, or if you end up with competition for cloth and tier tokens. If there is also say a lock and pally things could get bad for tokens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    disc is one of the weaker healers right now, but there are no fights where holy is bad.
    Uh, what?

Hit this macro:

Code:
    /stopcasting
    /cast Archangel
    /cast Inner Focus
    /cast Power Infusion
    /cast Spirit Shell

Spam Prayer of Healing.

Congrats on Rank 1.

Yes, 2 priests is absolutely viable. Our backup healer is a shadow priest with a disc OS (main group is holy/disc priest, resto / ele sham, and resto druid), so if one of the regulars can;t make it, we'll run 2 priests.

Only downside is, double disc gets annoying hitting each other's Weakened Souls.

Last expansion we used a Holy + Disc for everything. We ended up killing H Madness at 10% nerf I think raiding only twice a week.

Don't see why it wouldn't work this expansion as long as one is Disc and the other is Holy.

Deleted
    Two disc is also fine now, if not preferred over a holy priest on some fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Halaberiel View Post
    Two disc is also fine now, if not preferred over a holy priest on some fights.
    I can see how that would be the case, you could entirely absorb every single boss AoE...

Perhaps if you had 2 Disc at least one of you going Divine Insight with 4 piece tier would be a good idea so you can both bubble the same tank?

Deleted
    Thanks for the fast replies, and advice. Tried it with the 2 priests and it worked well especially 2 discos on windlord

Why do people keep saying that Priests are weak? Disc is ridiculous on some fights right now, and Holy seems smooth overall.

I don't want to be "that guy", but the #1 10-man guild runs with a Priest healer... they can't be that weak, right?

Because people don't know how to play

I will just go ahaed and say that priests are the best healers right now. Mistweavers can heal more than a priest on certain fights, but they lack a good cd and they have horrible direct healing. And again, they can heal more than a priest on CERTAIN fights.

2 priests should work. Only healer combination that sucks in 10 man is probably 2 resto druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Posix View Post
    Uh, what?

Hit this macro:

Code:
    /stopcasting
    /cast Archangel
    /cast Inner Focus
    /cast Power Infusion
    /cast Spirit Shell

Spam Prayer of Healing.

Congrats on Rank 1.
    Archangel doesn't affect spirit shell and using inner focus for spirit shell is not a good idea.. Power Infusion + Spirit Shell is great tho.
    Last edited by Rorschachs; 2012-11-25 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    Archangel doesn't affect spirit shell and using inner focus for spirit shell is not a good idea.. Power Infusion + Spirit Shell is great tho.
    No.

AA has been affecting SS since October 12th's hotfixes. In 5.1 Inner Focus will affect SS, essentially (essentially applying a 2.0 multiplier to the calc)

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    Archangel doesn't affect spirit shell
    You are 40 days behind on the news my dear.