Poll: What's your opinion on an appropriate drinking age?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    in Denmark 12+

atleast thats when i started, along with a lot of my friends.

Hell, i even know someone who give beer to their 7 years old boy.
    That doesn´t make it f´ing intelligent ... Also our laws state you can legally buy BEER at the age of 16, anything "strong" is 18 minimum.

Besides that parents who let their kids below any of those age groups get wasted - even if its not their own kids. Should be smacked for lacking responsibility.
    Last edited by Mandible; 2012-11-23 at 12:52 AM.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    That doesn´t make it f´ing intelligent ... Also our laws state you can legally buy BEER at the age of 16, anything "strong" is 18 minimum.

Besides that parents who let their kids below any of those age groups get wasted - even if its not their own kids. Should be smacked for lacking responsibility.
    Anything at or below 16,4% is buyable at 16.
    16,5 or above when you're 18.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

should definately be raised,

when I was 18, I was a moron. as were my friends, and every other 18 year old kid. we thought we were goddamn immortal. every 18 year old right now. is a moron. they might con you and even themselves into thinking they are smart, politically astute, but bring one element in with booze.. be it a pretty girl, or some weed.. and theyll think its a GREAT idea to try and jump over that local river.

kids are idiots. we already have enough issues, 21.

21 at least. by then you have a better grasp of the world.

18. As a legal adult at 18 everyone should be able to get hammered, nail that ugly person that's been hitting on them all night because they look hot now, then smoke a cigarette afterward.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

16+.

Let people and families make their own choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is the "never" option?
    Drinking is almost never appropriate.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have put only Parental consent required but of course there has to be an age where you no longer need parental consent, so I'd go with both that option and the 18+ to do it legally on your own. But I couldn't go with both so went with 18+

That's just the way I'm used to the drinking laws working and it seemed to work out well. 18+ Seems like the age where you should be allowed to drink, you finish highschool at that age and go onto your career path if you hadn't already, or uni to work towards it. You're allowed to join the military etc, seems like drinking should go with those thing.

As for parental consent, people under 18 will drink. If they can't even with their parents letting them it promotes kids sneaking out to get drunk rather than just doing so in the comfort of their or their friends own home. (In NZ if it's a private residence, the consent doesn't need to be from your parent just anyone over 18 as long as they paid for the alcohol and not the person under 18)

EDIT: Drinking in public establishments like pubs does require the consent of your legal guardian though, at least under 18.

25+ or never personally.
    X

america - 35+

everywhere else - 13

18 is fine for responsible drinking. However i do know people that are 25+ and cant drink responsibly, which means the age doesn't matter.There will always be people at any age that will never drink responsibly so it's hard to put an age on it. I voted 21+ because it was the highest.

21 or completely illegal. Alcohol sucks, and that's coming from someone who actually enjoys it from time to time. It really should be illegal.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

As far as I know...You're an adult in most countries at 18. The word adult is all that needs ot be said here. If you are an adult, guess what you should be allowed to do? Make your own choices. (in the US) I can go to jail like someone who is 21+, I can go to war like someone who is 21+, I can be drafted like someone who is 21+, yet I cannot drink like someone who is 21+---and this is considered logic by our government, and 36 people according to the poll...smh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    It's funny. Here in the states it's +21, in other countries it ranges from 16-18 to no limit, yet we have the worst percentage for drunk driving. Therefore I believe its not the age but the amount of intelligence and common sense people have in its region
    I would rather say that it is your culture that is messed up.

Kids are going to drink if they really want to. You can't stop them. That being said putting an age is still a good thing. I'd say 18 is fine.

I'll say 14+. I started drinking at 15 and have no regrets about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    its not really the drinking age that matters when it comes to alcohol, its the amount that people consume.

i agree to some point that a higher drinking age might contribute to people going completely overboard with it once they an drink/buy it
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    It's funny. Here in the states it's +21, in other countries it ranges from 16-18 to no limit, yet we have the worst percentage for drunk driving. Therefore I believe its not the age but the amount of intelligence and common sense people have in its region
    I would look at the number of people driving in those age ranges for an appropriate significant stat

10+ Year Old Account
    Not selecting an age, it shouldn't even be legal because it's harmful. But that is my opinion, an unpopular one but an opinion nonetheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the worst drunk driving stats, one thing to look at is how spread out everything is in America. I've never been but I think most people won't live near a pub right?
    I've never not lived within walking distance of a pub or bar in my life. In England especially, my Grandads house had 3 pubs within 5minutes walking distance of his house in various directions. In New Zealand our first house had three about 10minutes away and the second house had one just down the road (well, through a dirt path that went through the bush) so about 3minutes walk.

Here our first house had one within viewing distance from our house, so 1minues walk and my current house is about 15minutes walk away.

There's no reason to drink and drive given the above. The night club district always has taxis driving around so it's not hard to get a taxi home from there.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no appropriate drinking age at all, it should not be legal.