Tera going F2P next month

http://support.enmasse.com/tera/tera..._TERA_be_free?

I don't see why MMOs just don't start off as free to play these days.

Deleted
    atleast this f2p model seems something that doesnt make me want to throw up. Just a shame it's no the EU version.

You should of posted this in the TERA megathread

I just started playing the game few days ago and I really enjoy it. The questing and the story is a bit meh but the combat makes up for it.
    And yeah It's a good thing that it goes F2P. In my opinion the game is good, but not good enough for a subscription fee.
    Last edited by Harnace; 2013-01-09 at 02:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to hear, it was a decent game, just not worth the monthly sub.

I may actually finish levelling my char now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire View Post
    at least this f2p model seems something that doesn't make me want to throw up. Just a shame it's no the EU version.
    I don't think the EU even has the cash shop implemented yet nor do the have the chrono scrolls, and if it dose go f2p i think the model will be vastly inferior to the NA version...just look at the AION ftp models for the EU and NA and its the same guys in charge of the NA version on both games

Finally, I loved the fighting system but it was not worth a monthly sub since no raids and a grind-only endgame. Now I can enjoy it from time to time without the grind and overexpensive sub.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post
    You should of posted this in the TERA megathread

I just started playing the game few days ago and I really enjoy it. The questing and the story is a bit meh but the combat makes up for it.
    And yeah It's a good thing that it goes F2P. In my opinion the game is good, but not good enough for a subscription fee.
    Agreed. I enjoy the combat but after GW2 questing in any game is.. meh.

I picked up Tera a week ago when it was on sale at Amazon for $5 and wasn't really sure I'd ever play it past the free 30 days because I haven't hit a spot in my game play where paying $15 for another month would have been worth it. Now I can just wait a maximum of 25 days (free 30 days runs out on the 3rd of Feb.) and keep playing anytime I want.

Great news, I'll start playing it again. Just couldn't keep paying a monthly sub for it

It's going F2P in the EU also with a similar model to the US, not bad at all really.

http://tera-europe.com/home/news/art...as-future.html

I'll be re-visiting it for sure as the combat was fun and were graphics nice.

Deleted
    This is absolutely fantastic news, I was hoping this would happen, I love Tera I just couldn't justify paying monthly for it.

Hoping for a similar version for the EU. Loved the combat in the game, but the questing put me off a bit, and I didn't feel like paying for a game with WoW like questing but a lot more grind.

I know many friends of mine will be happy if it does transition to f2p in the EU!
    RETH

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ad-Tera-Online

Please use the existing megathread for TERA discussion, including the F2P transition.