Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will go with New Models too, so many people said why already :P

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    HC LFG edition.

Just imagine a properly tuned Kael'thas/Vashj with 25 MoP randoms.... bwahahahaha ^_^

What for? Stupid looking transmog gear? VALOR *rofl*?
    Sorry, but if the gear doesn't hit your taste there is _zero_ reason to get in there.
    heroic not hardcore

yeah exacly on that predicament, i would love to see some people handle what happend in the older raids

and maybe a few rewards on the side but mainly to experience content

Deleted
    What for? Stupid looking transmog gear? VALOR *rofl*?
    Sorry, but if the gear doesn't hit your taste there is _zero_ reason to get in there.
    Bronze gives a title and silver gives a mount. Unfortunately you are right theres too many lootwhores in wow who will never go into a challenge mode because they want loot loot loot and more loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapTripper View Post
    every single texture for every single race and gender... and how much armour is in the game that has to be changed... along with animations spell effects....

hell you guys prolly the same that want the dance studio... well guess what there gonna have to redo all the dances
    Yeah now I'm sure you're just trolling... even though I agree with preferring challenges over looks, I'm almost sorry now to say I agree because of they way you are acting... being totally unrealistic. You should have left it at posing the question and just say which you'd prefer... now it's gone to waste...

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    I dont understand, why cant you do challenge modes? All they take is a tank in full heroic gear, a healer in full heroic gear and 3 dps in full heroic gear. Getting "geared" for challenge modes is 10 times faster than getting geared for HoF/ToES normal modes.

Imo you and people like you are the main reason why we cant have cool things, you have completely misunderstood the concept of challenge modes.

Before anyone says they arent good enough for challenge modes - everyone is good enough to get bronze if they put in the time.
    everybody's scaled to the same (low) item level..... something i've been wanting in wow for a long time

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 08:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Yeah now I'm sure you're just trolling... even though I agree with preferring challenges over looks, I'm almost sorry now to say I agree because of they way you are acting... being totally unrealistic. You should have left it at posing the question and just say which you'd prefer... now it's gone to waste...
    im sorry i couldn't live up to your expectations mate

however we are dicussing the revamping of older raids and dungeons compared to a character model update

im sorry you were so let down

have a cookie,

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 08:37 PM ----------

Bronze gives a title and silver gives a mount. Unfortunately you are right theres too many lootwhores in wow who will never go into a challenge mode because they want loot loot loot and more loot.
    they normalise specs they normalise talents they normalise PVP they normalise boss fights

why not normalise gear? coz u want welfare epics?

10+ Year Old Account
    heroic not hardcore

yeah exacly on that predicament, i would love to see some people handle what happend in the older raids

and maybe a few rewards on the side but mainly to experience content
    Newsflash: Back in the day there only was ONE difficulty. Couldn't handle it? too bad. Also what Pacer said: If you don't put a massive amount of epics in there, NO ONE will be willing to wipe there. Besides: Look at all the Garalon whining. Look at all the morons that can't handle a single simple thing: "DO NOT STAND IN THE F*** PURPLE CIRCLE!"

Do you honestly believe an encounter like Kael'thas, that took COORDINATED GUILDS months to down would be killable in LFR?!?
    IF you implement him for LFR you'd have to nerf him worse than he got nerfed in the 30% 3.0 faceroller patch. The feeling of Kaelthas would be completely gone. It wouldn't feel much different than soloing him now. Just another shiny loot pinata.

I understand your desire to experience the content like back in the day, believe me, I really do. I'd also wish I had experienced the epic moments of C'thun and Naxxramas Lv60 edition. But some things just aren't possible to recreate.

Well for me personally it's my dislike of timed stuff that pressures me that make me not want to go. Besides: I have no interest in wiping and progressing in a dungeon that I already cleared 97692935762874257478 times for Valor on 345678 characters, if you catch my drift.

Do you honestly believe an encounter like Kael'thas, that took COORDINATED GUILDS months to down would be killable in LFR?!?
    IF you implement him for LFR you'd have to nerf him worse than he got nerfed in the 30% 3.0 faceroller patch. The feeling of Kaelthas would be completely gone. It wouldn't feel much different than soloing him now. Just another shiny loot pinata.
    yeah they would have to be nerfed which kind of ruins it

Deleted
    I would never want old content to be scaled. I like soloing stuff, especially the challenging stuff. If you take that away by stupid scaling, I'd quit. I'll go for new models, too.

And you clearly don't know what scope is, because these two things aren't even in the same league, let alone the same scope.

10+ Year Old Account
    they normalise specs they normalise talents they normalise PVP they normalise boss fights

why not normalise gear? coz u want welfare epics?
    Umm.. my dear, you do know that character progression is the main driving force of WoW-PvE right? And the moment you feel that the most is if you go back and smash some poor mobs skill in that gave you a hard time a while back. Take that away and the game would just crumble into a pile of dust.

every single texture for every single race and gender... and how much armour is in the game that has to be changed... along with animations spell effects....

hell you guys prolly the same that want the dance studio... well guess what there gonna have to redo all the dances
    Yeah now I'm sure you're just trolling...
    If you don't know how WoWs file system is set up, don't call people trolls. Updating all the textures is a MASSIVE undertaking, considering the amount of items in WoW it's an impossible task by now. Every armor is just one texture, every armor color has it's own texture. That's the reason why we can't dye our armor. Adding a few more colors would just blow up our client size to absurd proportions.

Retuning all the old content and integrating scaling (tech already there) would be simple by comparison.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2012-11-23 at 12:49 PM.

Umm.. my dear, you do know that character progression is the main driving force of WoW-PvE right? And the moment you feel that the most is if you go back and smash some poor mobs skill in that gave you a hard time a while back. Take that away and the game would just crumble into a pile of dust.
    many modern mmos from SWTOR s PVP and GW2 RvR impliment scaling these days, in fact with todays limited amount of variation in gear, transmog and the like, gear dosnt matter much as skill if you know what you are doing

the only good point is for making progression easier as you pick up a few pieces, but then it becomes easy forever after that as you have better gear

i know ppl get pissed of at replacing there heroic gear with greens..... maybe normalisation is the answer

10+ Year Old Account
    many modern mmos from SWTOR s PVP and GW2 RvR impliment scaling these days
    Please READ:

is the main driving force of WoW-PvE
    Oh btw how are ToR and GW2 faring? ToR is already F2P and last time I checked activity in GW2 died down a lot.

Deleted
    many modern mmos from SWTOR s PVP and GW2 RvR impliment scaling these days, in fact with todays limited amount of variation in gear, transmog and the like, gear dosnt matter much as skill if you know what you are doing

the only good point is for making progression easier as you pick up a few pieces, but then it becomes easy forever after that as you have better gear

i know ppl get pissed of at replacing there heroic gear with greens..... maybe normalisation is the answer
    Many... only those two and for SWTOR only in PvP, so that doesn't even count. The forums of GW2 are flooded with people asking for more gear upgrades, because they are bored and have no goals. If you don't want a gear threadmill, WoW is not the game for you. So no, normalisation is not the answer, at least not for WoW.

Deleted
    Models. Not even a question.

Please READ:

Oh btw how are ToR and GW2 faring? ToR is already F2P and last time I checked activity in GW2 died down a lot.
    fantasy MMOs are thriving regardless... even minor ones like darkfall runes of magic and perfect world games

space, FPS MMOs are going good too,... there is only one to fail recently and thats copernicus (38 studios) went bankrupt... and a few old ones like city of heroes closing down
    Last edited by TrapTripper; 2012-11-23 at 01:09 PM.

Deleted
    fantasy MMOs are thriving regardless... even minor ones like darkfall runes of magic and perfect world games

space, FPS MMOs are going good too,... there is only one to fail recently and thats copernicus (38 studios) went bankrupt... and a few old ones like city of heroes closing down
    Bananas are doing well too, very nice fruit.

Or: What the hell does your comment have to do with anything?

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Many... only those two and for SWTOR only in PvP, so that doesn't even count. The forums of GW2 are flooded with people asking for more gear upgrades, because they are bored and have no goals. If you don't want a gear threadmill, WoW is not the game for you. So no, normalisation is not the answer, at least not for WoW.
    hey buddy wow is my favourite mmo and ive played over 40 of them

wow not the game for me and ive played it for 8 years, most likely longer than most coz I dont work and its what I pass the time with

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 09:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Bananas are doing well too, very nice fruit.

Or: What the hell does your comment have to do with anything?
    If you would have a brain and/or reading the thread properly you would realise im answering a question from Granyala
    Last edited by TrapTripper; 2012-11-23 at 01:11 PM.

Deleted
    Models. Althought I could settle for new skins too, like Maghar, forest trolls, cult of the damned humans etc

Quote Originally Posted by Appel View Post
    Well i give a f*ck tbh. I am watching my character the most of the time anyway, so why not upgrade it to something more awesome!

I dont do pve anymore realy.. it's just no fun for me to fight computers in that sense. I love pvp.

New models all the way.
    Sorry, when I said "who gives a fuck" I meant myself. I know many people want updated models. I was only saying how I felt.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I'd prefer new models. I'd cake in my pants if they made my orc stand up straight like nazgrim in the horde starting cinematic. Full homo.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 06:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Matej View Post
    Models. Althought I could settle for new skins too, like Maghar, forest trolls, cult of the damned humans etc
    If the upgraded models are for ALL npc's of said race then I don't see why this couldn't happen. Would honestly be awesome. Idk what I'd go though. Maybe Dragonmaw orc?
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Challenge modes hands down. I understand that not many people have tried them and fewer have gotten all gold like myself but these dungeons are one of the best things that have ever happened to WoW. Why people arent trying them im not sure but it might have something to do with no automatic queue system and low reward for spending a potential 3 hours to complete one dungeon.
    Or that most people do not care about the challenge modes or they don't care or like the challenge mode gear.