Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yet you guys are still keep paying a monthly fee for that. It's been 8 years since launch. If there are still big gaps when it comes to the balance between the classes, i'd question that, with my money. 8 years.

You have no right to cry about this issue, if you are still playing this game.

Deleted
    I don't think there will ever be real balance in WoW PvP unless they take some steps like cutting the duration of cc on players by 50%, reduce healing received by another 50% inside the arena and bgs and "ban" the use of all the crazy burst skills that are around atm.

Oh, and make it possible that players run out of mana. This is ridiculous. Every offensive caster almost always stays at 300k/300k and healers are very hard to bring under 150k too. Where is the oom option that TBC had? I remember times when the only way for a healer to win a duel vs a caster was to endure his attacks until the later ran oom.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawfury View Post
    Elemental Shaman will show you how well balance is doing in pvp.
    Ele is really strong right now, but not strong enough to be called OP.

There really aren't too many OP dps classes right now.
    DKs hit hard and have good defensive's, but a good player can manage them.
    Druid kitties have a bit high burst and have a perpetual slow, but are more annoying than anything; Boomkin are still strong in RBGs.
    Hunters aren't that bad since the Stampede nerf and are manageable.
    Mage burst is counter-able if you know what you're doing, but Frost Bomb is a little OP.
    Monks aren't too bad, people just need to learn to play them properly.
    Ret Paladin are probably the most balanced dpser at the moment as the burst isn't excessive and has a good amount of utility; Shockadin is still non-viable.
    Spriest control is a bit ridiculous, but aren't too strong in the burst department so it balances out.
    Rogues have a bit much control, they're still a really good class, people just need to learn to play Rogues now instead of face to keyboard; when playing as a DPS they are the most annoying thing in the world but as a druid or monk healer you can basically just /lol and instant your way though the damage.
    Enhance Shaman burst and slows coupled with their burst is a nice change, still a bit weak compared to other melee; Elemental is still able to put out really good burst and have decent survive-ability now.
    Warlocks have a few issues that need worked out, especially Destruction as their damage is all compacted into one spell; they're still viable and good in the right comp, they can actually be quite OP in the right comp actually.
    Warriors are ridiculously overpowered and are in need of a lot of nerfs to be brought in line with everyone else.

That is my assessment of the classes; an assessment of PvP overall would take too long.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 09:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Frazzle.d View Post
    Everyone apart from Rogues are fine and the ramp up mechanics and snap decisions as to when to go for a target and when to use cooldowns are great until you trip over a Warrior, a BM hunter or a Mage.

Very hard to deal with their cooldowns right now and stagger out the damage and keep up with the damage mitigation / healing they have if you do survive. But hey, early days. It's at least more promising than Cata was. Monk looks demanding to play well; more like this would be ace.
    You don't seem to know how to play a Rogue if that's where this is coming from.

Mage CDs are easy to counter, hunter CDs are easy to counter, Warrior CDs are nigh impossible to counter completely and they do have the capacity to hit for 300k+
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnarch View Post
    I don't think there will ever be real balance in WoW PvP unless they take some steps like cutting the duration of cc on players by 50%, reduce healing received by another 50% inside the arena and bgs and "ban" the use of all the crazy burst skills that are around atm.

Oh, and make it possible that players run out of mana. This is ridiculous. Every offensive caster almost always stays at 300k/300k and healers are very hard to bring under 150k too. Where is the oom option that TBC had? I remember times when the only way for a healer to win a duel vs a caster was to endure his attacks until the later ran oom.
    Because it's not fun if you have to actually think!

It's the downside of designing the game so that any idiot can pick it up and play it. Sure, there are some skills and techniques you'll need to know if you want to tackle normal mode raiding or semi-competitive PvP (let alone heroic raiding, going for gold challenges, or pushing for a gladiator ranking)... but you can pretty much just be mashing buttons and clicking random talents and glyphs and succeed at basic heroic dungeons, LFR raiding, and random BGs.

I'm more interested in knowing if these proposed 5.1 changes look to be changing anything. I don't own MoP right now and my subscription is lapsed, but I've heard a lot of really good things about the PvE in MoP.

I'm just wanting to know - do these 5.1 changes make it look like PvP will be fun? I don't really care about balanced - as far as I'm concerned, WoW is a fucking joke as a competitive game. I just want to know, will I be able to join a random BG or Wintergrasp (fuck yes, Wintergrasp!) and have fun, regardless of class or spec? Like, the last season of Cata with dagger rogues and grossly overpowered healers everywhere, it felt like that even if you were clearly outplaying the other player(s), you had no chance, anyway.

Especially the healers. Man, fuck late Cata healers. Anti-fun in the extreme. Does it look like 5.1's gonna do anything about that?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

mages and warriors are having fun.... bm hunters WERE before the stampede hotfix (now they're slowly falling down from the dominant caster/warrior/healer teams.
    fun fact: my ret paladin friend got crit by a 253k frost bomb in arena after they forced a bubble without any cds. lol yeah that should be a 8 second cooldown
    Last edited by Hunterpower; 2012-11-23 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    mages and warriors are having fun.... bm hunters WERE before the stampede hotfix (now they're slowly falling down from the dominant caster/warrior/healer teams.
    fun fact: my ret paladin friend got crit by a 253k frost bomb in arena after they forced a bubble without any cds. lol yeah that should be a 8 second cooldown
    I know that feel. My best friend plays a pally healer and mages are his sworn enemies right now; pallies have no HOTs so there's really no way to prepare for the damage a frost bomb can do right after a deep freeze stun. Absolutely wrecks his shit.

i dont get why everyone cares about balance so much. more glaring issues are the amount of CC in this game that's unavoidable. it's just shit.

all the low rated players complain about balance when it's the last thing that's wrong with this game.

that's with every single possible cooldown, he probably also stole dark soul from a lock and had another mastery buff from a hunter. so yeah, you let a mage get all this shit then he deserves to get his 1600 ass handed to him
    this game sucks

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rektlol View Post
    i dont get why everyone cares about balance so much. more glaring issues are the amount of CC in this game that's unavoidable. it's just shit.

all the low rated players complain about balance when it's the last thing that's wrong with this game.

that's with every single possible cooldown, he probably also stole dark soul from a lock and had another mastery buff from a hunter. so yeah, you let a mage get all this shit then he deserves to get his 1600 ass handed to him
    Lol ur wrong on all fronts. U probb play a mage.

On a serious note, Mages/war/hunters have issues in general dont come here and say it's the players fault that just make urself look stupid.

Uh... if there's an extraneous amount of unavoidable CCs that falls directly into class balance, man.

It's not like blizzard is compleatly ignoring balance, 5.1 they are dishing nerfs out, now I'm not saying its going to fix pvp but atleast there taking steps to TRY to fix it

Quote Originally Posted by nohands101 View Post
    It's not like blizzard is compleatly ignoring balance, 5.1 they are dishing nerfs out, now I'm not saying its going to fix pvp but atleast there taking steps to TRY to fix it
    Well they have to do that to make it seem like they give a damn about balancing PVP. They have a history of severely over-nerfing, nerfing for the wrong reasons, and then over-buffing in compensation when the player base whines. It's a vicious cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Well they have to do that to make it seem like they give a damn about balancing PVP. They have a history of severely over-nerfing, nerfing for the wrong reasons, and then over-buffing in compensation when the player base whines. It's a vicious cycle.
    I think your comment wraps up blizzards job quite well, tbh. I will let you think about what part(s) for yourself... everyone else should feel free to do it aswell tbh

what? that was in 2s vs double frost mage, there was no lock and afaik mages dont give the mastery buff.
    i can see someone plays a mage lol

Pvp balanced LOL

lol just check out warriors

PvP balance is in a pretty good place atm, there are a few outliers, like warriors, but over all if feels really well if you know what you are doing.

Sad thing is, is that most people don't have a clue how to play so when they go into BGs they get crushed then cry that its shitty balance.

Deleted
    Nerf warrior, mage & demo damage, Spriest support and Rsham. Those major changes would make this season much more fun, of course there'd still be plenty of things to fix left.

As long as you're a 2v2 or BG player PvP balance will be terrible for you.

this season is just ghostcrawler proving that cataclysm didnt have the worst pvp so you guys would leave him alone !

xxxxxx Frost Bomb hit You 123621 Frost. (Critical) lol full malevolent gear gemming resil, better watch out.

Don't wanna open a thread for this, so I'm just gonna ask here.

Never played a single match of PvP before (new player, circa Cataclysm) and I haven't played WoW since MoP came out. I'm thinking of returning, but I have a question:

One of the things I hate the most about this game are the eternal queues for dungeons. Is it the same with PvP? I know battlegrounds are kinda at the same level, but what about arenas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trogie View Post
    PvP balance is in a pretty good place atm, there are a few outliers, like warriors, but over all if feels really well if you know what you are doing.

Sad thing is, is that most people don't have a clue how to play so when they go into BGs they get crushed then cry that its shitty balance.
    The only really fucked up thing about the last season of Cata was how godmode healers were... never ran out of mana, and you could forget about killing basically anyone if there were more healers than you had spammable CC.

But you can blacklist capture the flag BGs now, right? So maybe it ain't so bad.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

If you quit PvP in Cataclysm because you thought it was bad, then let me save you the hassle and say that it's just like how it was in Cataclysm, but with more CC, extreme burst and healers are more immortal than ever.

In other words, it's pretty terrible.