Poll: Is Ancient Portal: Dalaran fun?

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

I feel bad but I can't stop laughing

So yesterday I went out and got myself Ancient Portal: Dalaran on my mage and during a HoF LFR tonight I put down a mage table, a banquet and the portal as well. One ret paladin clicked it, I waited with baited breath and about 10 seconds later he died (as it so happens...lol).

I was laughing until I opened my map and noticed just how far the graveyard is from the drop location, and as he was ghost running to rez, the group got impatient and vote kicked him.

I'm sure he was raging and probably wants to fuck me up big time but...I just can't stop laughing. Am I a bad person? I guess I knew if anyone clicked it they'd die...but I did it while we were still doing trash and such, figured he'd have plenty of time to tell me I'm a prick and rez and port back in...

But yeah, if you have played this trick (or had it played on you) what do you think? Is karma a bitch?

Yes you are a bad person.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Yes you are a bad person.
    But was it funny enough to counteract the bad karma I have brought upon myself? I like to think so.

Paladin clicked it and died from fall damage? Paladins have bubbles?
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Paladin clicked it and died from fall damage? Paladins have bubbles?
    Probably wasn't expecting it. Caught me off guard first time I used the teleport and only had a few feet before I got the slowfall off. Still lol'd pretty hard, haha.

Deleted
    what is this ancient portal then and how did it lead to him dieing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post
    Ancient Portal: Dalaran

10+ Year Old Account
    No, as a fellow mage I say you are not a bad person. Why would he even port out during trash anyways? And without even protecting himself or checking the name of the portal. I say he deserved it, just sucks that they kicked him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post
    Its a book from Scarlet Halls, basically the short story is it portals you to Dalaran - the OLD location of Dalaran, hundreds of feet above the crater in Hillsbrad. Its pretty much the best thing ever invented and leads me to believe whoever is running the mage show at Blizzard is greenlighting portal trolling - and I love him for it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 03:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    No, as a fellow mage I say you are not a bad person. Why would he even port out during trash anyways? And without even protecting himself or checking the name of the portal. I say he deserved it, just sucks that they kicked him.
    Here, here. Amen to that brother! But yeah, I wasn't about to speak up and say 'Don't boot him, I trolled him to death' because that'd lead to MY kick, as unjust as either kick would have been. :-P

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did he ask for a portal?
    Did you place the portal on top of the banquet?
    Was the run over?

If the answer to any of the above is yes, then you're a bad person.

If not, the paladin was an idiot.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't call you a bad person, but if I were you I'd feel guilty for making him get kicked. I've been a victim of the Hagara summon before and I found it hilarious the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Did he ask for a portal?
    Did you place the portal on top of the banquet?
    Was the run over?

If the answer to any of the above is yes, then you're a bad person.

If not, the paladin was an idiot.
    1) Nope
    2) Nope, right next to it.
    3) Negative, clearing trash toward 2nd boss I believe.

The more I talk about it the more I feel completely justified and glad I finally got it to work on someone. Meh, I'm sure he requeued and was happily on his was minutes later.

Deleted
    Between Leap Of Faith to the biggest mouth breeder, mass summons to EoE at LFR Hagara, and mage portals before Hagara yours is also a funny one. He brought it upon himself because he decided to... click on a portal. My favorite portal related one was using Jaina's Locket to make a portal to Dalaran, and then blame the mage for trying to be funny. I also remember one time someone clicked my portal, and then I had to go outside to summon him because he didn't have the portal to Uldum or didn't have flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I wouldn't call you a bad person, but if I were you I'd feel guilty for making him get kicked. I've been a victim of the Hagara summon before and I found it hilarious the first time.
    Been feeling terribly guilty, but like I said, that feeling is waning pretty quickly :-P

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 04:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Between Leap Of Faith to the biggest mouth breeder, mass summons to EoE at LFR Hagara, and mage portals before Hagara yours is also a funny one. He brought it upon himself because he decided to... click on a portal. My favorite portal related one was using Jaina's Locket to make a portal to Dalaran, and then blame the mage for trying to be funny. I also remember one time someone clicked my portal, and then I had to go outside to summon him because he didn't have the portal to Uldum or didn't have flying.
    Haha, now that's a good one. The tooltip for mouseover on the Jaina portal says "Portal to Dalaran" just like a mage's portal too? It's almost like the mage portal designer is ENCOURAGING us to troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a great example of the toxicity that has crept into the WOW community. Childish pranks like this, which waste player's time and mucks with their game experience, are pathetic. I don't think you really feel bad, seeing as you are basically bragging about it on MMO Champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    This is a great example of the toxicity that has crept into the WOW community. Childish pranks like this, which waste player's time and mucks with their game experience, are pathetic. I don't think you really feel bad, seeing as you are basically bragging about it on MMO Champ.
    I felt bad that I got him kicked. I didn't feel bad that he clicked the portal that I placed to troll. You are half right, I suppose.

But isn't this a game? Aren't we meant to have fun? I had fun at the expense of one other persons fun. I'm not debating this. But TOXICITY is a harsh word to use to describe it, lol. Maybe take this game a bit less seriously, yeah?

Deleted
    Hahaha! I think it was very funny! Not sure if it would be as funny if it was me who died and got kicked from the group

I love such jokes, anyone who calls you bad person is a total buzzkill.

10+ Year Old Account
    paladin dead is never a bad thing i give you a thumps up ( hate paladins so much )

Deleted
    awsome.
    Simply awsome
    that sounds more fun than dropping demonic portals on the very edge of elegons platform and watching people bounce through them, then carry on running forward to their doom }