Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ...
20
28
29
30
31
LastLast
  1. #581
    Scarab Lord Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Medellín, Colombia
    Posts
    4,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    There was evidence of intercourse, her accounts were very detailed and very consistent, and that's very hard for a child to fake. My feeling is that she either (1) had been abused by someone and subbed in her dad's name or (2) another child who had been abused was teaching her. Second graders who grow up in healthy environments aren't having sex, that is quite alarming and a red flag of abuse somewhere.

    I was glad for the interview with the father. You never hear about what the accused have to suffer. I think it's important for people to hear their side of the story, and maybe some future angry person will have to pause and decide that whatever injustice they might have suffered, this is the wrong path for retribution.
    That just makes everything even more confusing.
    pro-gun liberal

  2. #582
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    A man went to jail for 9 years for no reason and you don't think that warrants punishment? You've got to just be fucking with me this time, Wells.
    Good thing you guys don't have the death penalty.. oh wait
    Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    Hope everyone is prepared for the 16 month wait for the expansion after this one.
    Date Posted: 20/8/14
    Review: 20/8/16

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Hi Turtle. According to your account records an authenticator was not attached to the account until after the compromise.

  3. #583
    I am Murloc! Pendra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    5,761
    Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    Good thing you guys don't have the death penalty.. oh wait
    As far as I remember, there are even people on the mmo-champ forums that would want the death penalty being applicable in rape cases.
    Yeah, shows once more what a great idea that would be.

  4. #584
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    As far as I remember, there are even people on the mmo-champ forums that would want the death penalty being applicable in rape cases.
    Yeah, shows once more what a great idea that would be.
    People on this forum lack empathy. A lot of them think all criminals should just be killed because that way they won't take any tax money.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 08:58 AM ----------

    There was evidence of intercourse, her accounts were very detailed and very consistent, and that's very hard for a child to fake. My feeling is that she either (1) had been abused by someone and subbed in her dad's name or (2) another child who had been abused was teaching her. Second graders who grow up in healthy environments aren't having sex, that is quite alarming and a red flag of abuse somewhere.
    Actually it's common for children to explore sexually with each other at ages as young as five as part of normal development. Most animals do, humans not excluded.

  5. #585
    The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    24,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Actually it's common for children to explore sexually with each other at ages as young as five as part of normal development.
    Actually no, it's not. It's a symptom of abuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.

    Cycling Logs: 2012, 2013, 2014 (YTD-9.30).

  6. #586
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Actually it's common for children to explore sexually with each other at ages as young as five as part of normal development. Most animals do, humans not excluded.
    That is true, but how common is it for children to have intercourse at that young of an age?

  7. #587
    Pandaren Monk Auloria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Oh wow, this is so unjust.
    It's a very bad idea to signalize others that they can do such things and get away with it...
    Also, this case shows exactly why there should never ever be a verdict of guilty as long as ones guilt isn't 100% proven, without any doubt.

    At the very least she should be sentenced to pay him a shitload of money for the rest of his life.
    The problem is that people who have lied and were never caught have absolutely no motivation to come forward whatsoever, except for their own guilt. If you punish them severely, you can guarantee that they will never tell, or at best they will wait out the statute of limitations (which oddly is from the date of perjury in most places). If there is no punishment, or if there is something moderate, like community service but no jail time, then the people who are considering coming forward will be more likely to do so, and at the end of the day, we want to correct injustice first and punish wrongdoers second.


    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Actually it's common for children to explore sexually with each other at ages as young as five as part of normal development. Most animals do, humans not excluded.
    Exploration/curiosity about the body is very common and natural. Actual adult sexual acts like intercourse are typically something the children would have to be taught. It could be that they found some porn in second grade and wanted to try it out. I doubt we'll ever know. If she was abused by someone else, no court will ever believe her.

  8. #588
    Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    It's hard for me to blame the DA. There was evidence of intercourse, her accounts were very detailed and very consistent, and that's very hard for a child to fake. My feeling is that she either (1) had been abused by someone and subbed in her dad's name or (2) another child who had been abused was teaching her. Second graders who grow up in healthy environments aren't having sex, that is quite alarming and a red flag of abuse somewhere.

    I was glad for the interview with the father. You never hear about what the accused have to suffer. I think it's important for people to hear their side of the story, and maybe some future angry person will have to pause and decide that whatever injustice they might have suffered, this is the wrong path for retribution.
    Really? evidence of intercourse? I missed that in everything I've read about this... can you point that out to me so I can see it please?

  9. #589
    Pandaren Monk Auloria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Haarvald View Post
    Actually, how about we let them read the entire story.
    It won't let me quote from the quote, so I'll have to copy and paste.

    "In March of 2001, Cassandra was examined at a Vancouver clinic where she told a doctor about the alleged abuse. "She looked at me and said, 'Are you telling the truth?" Cassandra said this year of her appointment with the doctor. "I lied to her and said, 'Yes.' "

    The doctor found trauma in Cassandra's groin area, according to a report."

    and later

    "Kennedy was brought from Stafford Creek to the Cowlitz County Jail in late February, Baur said. During a hearing last Monday, Judge Warning ruled that Cassandra's statements to police this year are credible. He also found that the physical trauma reported by a doctor in 2001 may have been caused by a sexual experience that took place before the dates of the alleged abuse, Baur said."

  10. #590
    Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    It won't let me quote from the quote, so I'll have to copy and paste.

    "In March of 2001, Cassandra was examined at a Vancouver clinic where she told a doctor about the alleged abuse. "She looked at me and said, 'Are you telling the truth?" Cassandra said this year of her appointment with the doctor. "I lied to her and said, 'Yes.' "

    The doctor found trauma in Cassandra's groin area, according to a report."

    and later

    "Kennedy was brought from Stafford Creek to the Cowlitz County Jail in late February, Baur said. During a hearing last Monday, Judge Warning ruled that Cassandra's statements to police this year are credible. He also found that the physical trauma reported by a doctor in 2001 may have been caused by a sexual experience that took place before the dates of the alleged abuse, Baur said."
    MAY HAVE BEEN... but, there ARE other ways to cause trauma to a groin area. Think about it. so... groin area trauma does NOT equal evidence of sexual intercourse.

  11. #591
    I don't care how you spin it, she needs to pay in some way or another. Hell, the city that convicted him should pay.

    It's not enough that he was put in prison, he was put in prison with the tag of Child Molestor. That immediately relegates him to the lowest rung of the totem pole in prison and fair game for beatings by other inmates. Unless he writes a book, we'll likely never know just how much he really suffered, especially for those first years.

    This guy deserves some form of justice.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

  12. #592
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Can someone please fucking explain how this isn't a perversion of the justice system? She didn't just send a man to jail... the man was her father.

    Daughter's rape lie recanted; Kalama father freed after 9 years

    They're not pursuing criminal charges (of any sort) because "it might discourage real victims from coming forward".

    Doesn't this just say that there are no repercussions for false allegations of rape?
    Can you say how it is?

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 09:44 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Actually no, it's not. It's a symptom of abuse.
    It's not a symptom of abuse.

  13. #593
    Pandaren Monk Auloria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Haarvald View Post
    MAY HAVE BEEN... but, there ARE other ways to cause trauma to a groin area. Think about it. so... groin area trauma does NOT equal evidence of sexual intercourse.
    For what it's worth, I read (in another shorter article) that the trauma was consistent with rape. Sure, it's not PROOF, but of course it is EVIDENCE. If you are an investigator and you are seeing evidence of assault plus have the (perfectly consistent) statement of a tearful child, you are going to take it seriously. The DA absolutely had enough to go forward in court, and in any other case we would be trashing her if she ignored the evidence and declined to press charges.

    The problem is that the jury did not see that there was reasonable doubt. This is a problem with society, the evil child molester is very much a part of the public consciousness, and we don't really see stories of men who are falsely accused and how their lives are turned upside down. Even I have only relatively recently come to take that problem seriously. I would say this perception, this automatic presumption of guilt, is just as important to correct, as the assumption that rape victims must have been "asking for it." Too many jurors don't take their role as an unbiased arbiter of justice seriously.

  14. #594
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Bla bla bla

    Shades of grey. I can see valid arguments for both sides. Plus I'm not sure what's to be gained from prosecuting someone for something they did 9 years ago when she was 11. Not to mention it will help perpetrate the myth of rampant false accusations.
    Now regarding the above.

    http://www.theforensicexaminer.com/archive/spring09/15/ Recomend to read.

    Now based on these FBI studies around 41% of all reported rapes are proven to be false even before they reach the court. Now if you would add to this those disproven in court and a number that the police simply drops off their statistics due to a variety of reasons you would end up to a NEAR HALF OF ALL REPORTED RAPES TO BE FALSE.

    I agree probably there is a problem of under reporting but most likely false accusations are much much more rampant.

    If you consider costs of all these unneeded investigations, wasted time, plus the fact that every time the police will run into a false accusations they are a tiny bit less likely to consider the real ones real, False reports do more damage then under reporting to the women themselves.

    And now I dont even want to go into the part where we consider the possible damage done to the accused. To his reputation, his life etc. The possibility of imprisonment, sometimes time spent in detention, loss of social standing etc. etc. Plus this is one of those things, even if you clear you name in many cases suspicion lingers in the minds of people.

    The damage caused can be massive. Like the exemple in the OP. 9 that is NINE year's in jail. Being considerd an incestuos pedophile. Being locked up with the scum of society and even them probably considering you the scum of the earth as often those people have children themselves. The damage done to that man, his life is beyond repair.

    I'm sorry but on this one I must say that false accusations should be as strictly prosecuted as Rape itself, with equal sentences and strong social campaining against such things occuring. Jail time should be proportional to the damage done to the falsly accused person's life and reputation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Sexual assault is not always rape.
    *slowclap*
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Woman rapes a guy, gives birth to child and has custody of the child.
    I don't see why you should take the child from the woman unless she abuses it.

  15. #595
    Why are you posting something from April? Seems like you'd have a more objective understanding of the situation after six months.
    I'm sorry, but i just have to tell you that you are an ignorant, closed minded fool, and you need to chill out, think more, and quit being such a douche. Your responses are shrill, closed minded, and ignorant. You need to think outside the box sometimes, and realize its blizzards game and you are not ghostcrawler.

  16. #596
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Well fear of repercussions is a pretty common one. Fear of what will happen if charges aren't successful or if prosecution declines to charge is a pretty significant issue that law enforcement does need to address.

    Shades of grey. I can see valid arguments for both sides. Plus I'm not sure what's to be gained from prosecuting someone for something they did 9 years ago when she was 11. Not to mention it will help perpetrate the myth of rampant false accusations.
    The "myth" of false rape accusations? Here is evidence that it exists so how can it be a myth? It needs to be talked about and something figured out. Rape ruins peoples lives and it is under reported. False accusations ruin people's lives and is swept under the rug. People need to embrace reality so we can stop rape and the mishandling of it. People don't understand how ass backwards we are right now and its doing nothing to stop actual rapists.

  17. #597
    I didn't say the myth of false accusations. I said the myth of rampant false accusations.

    Something like what? 3%?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  18. #598
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Actually no, it's not. It's a symptom of abuse.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_s...rly_school_age

    It is not uncommon for children to both masturbate and "play doctor" with each other from an early age.

  19. #599
    Herald of the Titans Kezool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    2,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzabella View Post
    The "myth" of false rape accusations? Here is evidence that it exists so how can it be a myth? It needs to be talked about and something figured out. Rape ruins peoples lives and it is under reported. False accusations ruin people's lives and is swept under the rug. People need to embrace reality so we can stop rape and the mishandling of it. People don't understand how ass backwards we are right now and its doing nothing to stop actual rapists.
    We'll never be able to stop rapists, nor false accusations. All that we can do is focus on how to improve how we act and handle the situations as they pop up.
    Live in fear, for the bullsquirrel is near.

    The entire internet needs to be aware of this

  20. #600
    The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    24,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamgar View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_s...rly_school_age

    It is not uncommon for children to both masturbate and "play doctor" with each other from an early age.
    Thanks for giving me more reason never to breed.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.

    Cycling Logs: 2012, 2013, 2014 (YTD-9.30).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •