Monk weapons not showing

Hey there. i was just wondering why my newly equipped fist weapons NEVER EVER show when i attack -.- i havnt glyphed for the "attack with fists always" glyph (glyph of jab) so i just think that it is sad that i finally farmed my transmog for those fist weapons, and they NEVER show, unless i force them (that has to be out of combat, or they disappear again) is this really intended? to neglect the use of weapons, and make weapons just a stat we need to equip in order for us to work... i would love to be able to chose weather or not i like my weapons shown...

Make a ticket and/or bug report in game to get blizzard's attention. I have. It's really silly that fist weapons aren't shown. However! If you have another kind of 1h weapon in your mainhand, like an axe, sword, mace - and a fist weapon in the offhand, you will see it on your offhand in combat when jabbing. Still should be fixed, I actually was farming for fist weapons for a while on monk and was very bummed out when I made this discovery..

This thread again, how exciting.

yeah me too. and i finally got my fist of Diety today, and now i just feel sad :/ ill open a ticked and report it. If anyone else is bummed out about this, please make a ticket aswell, it might raise their attention towards this rather important problem for our appearance

There simply is no animation for fist weapon Jab. When the icon and animation changes depending on what weapon type you have, you'll notice that the fist weapon one is exactly the same as the unarmed one. It would actually require a clawing animation to make any sense, as sticking a fist weapon on the end of the unarmed one would just look plain silly.

Fist weapons aren't set to show on attacks. This isn't something you need to ticket it is working as intended. If it bothers you that much make some forum posts in the monk section on their site and maybe with some others feedback they will address it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    I've seen requests of making fist weapons visible in the past and well, nothing has changed yet so I wouldn't get excited on that they would do something about it :/

15+ Year Old Account
    They will need to add some sort of special fist weapon animation. Trust me on this.

I've got double Garajal fists xmogged to Fist of the Deity and every so often something will visually glitch and one of the weapons will be permanently "unsheathed" until I hit Z again. And just having the monk animations and throwing fist weapons onto the end of your hands looks really, really, really weird.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I believe they are adding fist wep animation with next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Correctsan View Post
    I believe they are adding fist wep animation with next patch
    Haven't seen a blue post about this... take this which a grain of salt people.
    I would love to see our fist weapons (including previous expansions) because the closest addon to it is autosheath

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Haven't seen a blue post about this... take this which a grain of salt people.
    I would love to see our fist weapons (including previous expansions) because the closest addon to it is autosheath
    I think its just wishful thinking, not seen anything official about it either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monk is our new class, Fist weapons are a must for MoP - make loads!
    Now then, to spice things up, let's not let our new class see these new fists! ( cackling laughter )

Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    Monk is our new class, Fist weapons are a must for MoP - make loads!
    Now then, to spice things up, let's not let our new class see these new fists! ( cackling laughter )
    This is pretty weird. They made all 1h agi weapons in this content fists, probably for Monks, however I'd rather have anything else since fists never actually show.

I assume this is due to Monk attacks having custom animations and utilize stuff such as palm strikes, the fist weapon models would seem awkward with all the rotating and clipping and such.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonefury* View Post
    This is pretty weird. They made all 1h agi weapons in this content fists, probably for Monks, however I'd rather have anything else since fists never actually show.

I assume this is due to Monk attacks having custom animations and utilize stuff such as palm strikes, the fist weapon models would seem awkward with all the rotating and clipping and such.
    When I use my 2 hander I don't hold it all the time and only take it off my back to smack with so now and again, if fist weapons worked the same way but also were visible on your back or hanging on your side it would be awesome. They want to keep the 'fisting' but no reason not to show the fist weapons in the same way as other weapons. I'm using 2 swords for PvP and they look awesome on my back when I don't have them in my hands

I wish/hope they'll add more 1H Monk weapons for PvE that ain't a fist weapon, cause I hate not being able to see them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    There simply is no animation for fist weapon Jab. When the icon and animation changes depending on what weapon type you have, you'll notice that the fist weapon one is exactly the same as the unarmed one. It would actually require a clawing animation to make any sense, as sticking a fist weapon on the end of the unarmed one would just look plain silly.
    My fist weapons have bugged out plenty of times while attacking, and when they show theres not really anymore weird clipping than there already would be with just holding some of the fist weapons.

But on topic, theres no animation, its not a bug, it doesnt exist.

Imo opinion they should ad some animations then, since we got the glyph of jab for that exact same reason, to let us strike with hands no matter what. And i do think it would be very awesome if they added a place for the fist weapons. (big ones on the back, small ones on the side, or on your shoulders i dont care. as long as it looks natural.)
    i just feel like it is a waste of animating bunches of fist weapons for enhancement shaman and monks, only to make enha shaman the ones using the visible part of it.