Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by XanderJS View Post
    If that was the case it would be self imposed. It also wouldn't make a great deal of sense. You would only need to practice an encounter in order to kill it. If you've already killed it during progression why would you waste progress time returning to a boss that is already down if it yields no gear?

    It could theoretically be used to gear up support/backup players or those that sat out but it would still take away from time that could be used on actual progress.
    Do you read the 'forced to do dailies' threads? Ever since the 25 quest cap was removed, people complain that they HAVE to do them. No raid lockouts? "Im FORCED to raid EVERY DAY..."

    The fact of it is that most guilds aren't clearing all of the current tier of content even on regular now, so having more than one shot at a raid is meaningless to all but the top few percent of raiding guilds

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by XanderJS View Post
    Hi all,

    I've read thread after thread on here where the issue of raid lockouts is constantly being brought up. Initially I was really against this idea but the more I thought about it and the more downtime I had in game the more I wished I had a few more options.

    So currently once you've done a raid that's it. No more. Done. Unless you want to run old content, Lfr or on an alt your out of luck with raiding.

    Personally I know a lot of people on my server and would like to be able to help them out in raids if they have empty spots etc but can't do it as I'm locked out.

    How about we steal abit from the Lfr loot model and allow you to run a raid as many times as you want but only get loot from a boss once? This way I can help people out, not be relegated to doing things I don't want to or just idling in SW. Ther would also be no neccisty to doing it as I don't stand to get any loot benefit from it. This would also keep it completely optional.

    I know there would be other issues to hash out with achi's and stuff but I wanted to start this thread as a jumping off point for a potential discussion.

    So, thoughts?
    Only problem with this is you'll run into the "loot funnel" issues that LFR launched with.

    Raid full of people queue up, everyone but one person isn't saved (or a handful of people) that one person gets the cream of the crop, letting the raid boost alts/mains by forcing each boss to drop a set of loot only the alt can win.

  3. #43
    No. For the simple reason that players will burnout faster, then cry a couple of months into a tier that they are bored.

  4. #44
    This was essentially what happened when MC first came out with a technique called cascading.

    I'm all for opening up the raiding system, but this specific suggestion just has way too many issues to do with funnelling all the loot to set people among other things.

    Haven't read the whole thread though.
    #2cents
    Hakushi - Main Shaman - 573 Ele/572 Enh 8/8 HM DS (5% Nerf Spine/Madness), 7/7 HM FL, 6/6 HM MV, 6/6 HM HoF, 4/4 HM ToES, 13/13 HM ToT, 12/14 HM SoO
    Oxyra - Semi-Main DK - 558 Blood 6/6 HM MV, 6/6 HM HoF, 4/4 HM ToES, 13/13 HM ToT, 13/14 Normal SoO
    Not raiding with DK, currently in a 25man guild with Shaman.

  5. #45
    IIRC, Blizzard's reason for not doing this is because they don't want tanks and healers to be spammed all hours of the day to run raids with people.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    IIRC, Blizzard's reason for not doing this is because they don't want tanks and healers to be spammed all hours of the day to run raids with people.
    It's possible to say no. It's not even hard to say no from behind a screen for even the most vague of people. Those spamming you with it are usually the kind that it's a pleasure to say no to.
    And they fixed the tanking/healer-problem mostly by making things easy enough for most players to have success tanking with a fishingpole and blood pressense.
    ..

    Now i need to try that.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

  7. #47
    Pandaren Monk Otiswhitaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    IIRC, Blizzard's reason for not doing this is because they don't want tanks and healers to be spammed all hours of the day to run raids with people.
    No. They're reason for doing this is so it takes longer to do things, so you have further incentive to pay that $15 a month. Stop assuming companies care about people more than money :x That's why a TON of things in the game have limits. To slow progress and reduce burnout, to keep you paying.

  8. #48
    No thanks.

    I don't want LFR loot in proper raids and don't see lockouts as a particularly widespread problem.

    Letting people run raids multiple times also runs the risk of guilt-tripping people into running the raid multiple times (running 2x10mans etc and making your best tank feel obliged to run it twice, if he's a nice guy he feels forced to do it regardless of what he wants to do).

    IF raid lockouts are that big an issue, let people run it multiple times and just not be elegible to receive loot, period - don't go rehauling the system for a niche issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    That's why a TON of things in the game have limits. To slow progress and reduce burnout, to keep you paying.
    You mean they want to keep you enjoying the game for longer? Shame on them! Shame!

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    It IS their choice. You want to stay at the top? Give it everything or die trying. You want to beat the competition? You have to invest more time and effort. Just like it is in life really, you sound like a person who expects everything to be handed on a silver plate for them.
    they're already raiding 10+ hours a day. How much more do you want.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    No. They're reason for doing this is so it takes longer to do things, so you have further incentive to pay that $15 a month. Stop assuming companies care about people more than money :x That's why a TON of things in the game have limits. To slow progress and reduce burnout, to keep you paying.
    I think you misunderstand the discussion. It's not to remove lockouts completely, but to make them more like LFR. Where you only get loot once, but you can do the encounters as many times as you want.

    And to counter your point: Blizzard is doubling the number of lockouts per week in Asia. Or I guess it supports your point too, lol. Since they pay by the hour.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Do you read the 'forced to do dailies' threads? Ever since the 25 quest cap was removed, people complain that they HAVE to do them. No raid lockouts? "Im FORCED to raid EVERY DAY..."

    The fact of it is that most guilds aren't clearing all of the current tier of content even on regular now, so having more than one shot at a raid is meaningless to all but the top few percent of raiding guilds
    This isn't anything like being forced to do dailies. People feel forced to do dailies so they can gain access to VP gear. This won't allow you to get loot from a boss more than once so the incentive isn't the same as the dailies.


  12. #52
    In my opinion this would create too many problems, from gear funneling to item selling to achievement selling and etc (for example, killing gdkp runs) for very little to no benefit.

  13. #53
    Immortal Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    7,369
    how about instead of a raid lock out, its a gear lock out.

  14. #54
    Item lockout ala LFR
    yeah running the same instance 12-15x per week for a 10 m raid for maximum gear to stay competetive, that sounds like fun.
    (9twinks+1main) x MemberPool = WIN? maybe, but fun?no.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    how about instead of a raid lock out, its a gear lock out.
    How would that work? Like you can run HoF LFR, N, or HC as many times as you want but only once you can receive loot from the boss if it drops (or if you receive it)? If its a group loot drop, you'll get twinks + 1(-3) main but if it is individual loot drop its just a weekly grind, RNGish, and "forced" effort if your shit didn't drop for the 5th time in a row this week.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •