US citizens, please, enlighten me

I think its the billionth topic that I read about Walmart here today.
    Can someone please explain me why Walmart destroy lives and murder people in the United States?

Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Can someone please explain me why Walmart destroy lives and murder people in the United States?
    Dude, but the prices are so cheap.

If I understand it correctly it's just so people can get a fair discount on things, IMHO going to those things is not worth it since you can get killed very easily for some stupid piece of technology or whatever.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W92gM_NMAbk

sums it up, as well as the counter-argument against walmart hate. be warned, strong language and some partial nudity. ;x

I think I worded it wrong.
    I'd like to know why everyone blames everything on Walmart. One guys complains about Black Friday crazyness. The other about the people that shop there. A third, about them selling chinese goods. Then another goes and say that Walmart ruins people lives and in a few years, people will be unemployed thanks to the store.

People want the low prices, so Walmart is still around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Basically because Walmart has figured a formula to offset it's labor cost on American Tax dollars, allowing it to sell retail goods up to 30% less than the next nearest competitor. So when they promise to cut prices an additional 20%-50% on "Black Friday" the unaware mass of the population will zerg the store.

Example: A 42" LCD 1080p tv usually costs $400-500 depending on make, Walmart will usually sell them for $300, on Friday they were selling them for $99-200 depending on make. So basically people have a hard time relating that the increases in taxes, and the loss of wages is due to companies like Walmart who cut every corner possible, even if they violate laws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wal-Mart is a very greedy company on a lot of their coporate levels. I still shop there, and as long as it holds the cheapest prices, I'll still go.

I have a friend who used to work as a shift manager for a Wal-Mart in Georgia. When it came time to submit their version of time cards so people could be paid, he was encouraged to knock off hours from people if they could be justified for whatever reason. If a person was caught on their break for 5 more minutes than they should be, they were docked an hours pay without their knowledge. If they showed up late at all, same thing. Most people don't notice these small changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate to be one of those people but Im buying almost all local this year or at least USA made. Ive been this way for awhile, I will go without, unusually, than buy something from another country. (Sometimes it is hard to avoid ill give you that)

My guy is flying me down for christmas im bringing his mom/dad and sister/her husband all treats from my native new england area.

Follow the money, it can all traced back to the money. Wal-mart wants to make as much money as possible (not saying there's anything wrong with that) and will do it with a complete disregard of any life outside of those running the company, it's that simple.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    So basically people have a hard time relating that the increases in taxes, and the loss of wages is due to companies like Walmart who cut every corner possible, even if they violate laws.
    Don't forget about the small and local businesses. They like to complain about the governement destroying those while they're shopping at Walmart too.

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but if you're serious about why people hate Walmart, it's because this:

They form contracts with companies to sell their goods. But they simply don't pay them like they're supposed to. Eventually, that company starts to go out of business. So; Walmart buys them out and becomes the sole seller of that product and then markets it as "Walmart brand".
    They also skimp heavily on benefits and pay for their employees.

But if you're talking about the riots, I can't help you there. Why anyone would ever buy something at a store on black friday instead of the obviously cheaper and superior internet, is beyond me.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being the largest retailer in the US Wal-Mart has a huge influence on the US economy. It's treatment of worker's get most of the press.

But Wal-Mart also puts the squeeze on vendors/producers. Wal-Mart has more shelf space than anyone else. So if you want any hope of selling a product in the US, you have to play by Wal-Marts rules.

SO those low low prices, not only come from low paid store employees, but low paid farms, low paid factories. Its economy wide wage-depression. Something of a vicious cycle.

But hey, six members of the Walton family have the same net worth as the bottom 30% of American families combined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, what? Wal-Mart isn't nearly as bad as people make them out to be. Maybe a little shady... but "destroy[ing] lives and muder[ing] people"?

Need some tinfoil for that hat?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

What? Did someone get trampled again on Black Friday?

I'm lost.

The truth is wallmart supercenter's ( wallmarts with grocery stores) are putting the union controlled grocery stores out of business because the wallmart supercenters have MUCH lower prices. So the unions are attacking wallmart.

The biggest joke of this situation is: wallmart offers better pay & benefits and full time employment opportunities than the union grocery stores.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like you said billionth topic on wallmart, we really don't want too many about the same thing and this is the kind of question you can ask in one of the other threads about wallmart and black friday.

Closed.