Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Ghostcrawler isn't in charge of PvP.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by RAoVSnyth View Post
    Question:
    "13 pages and counting. Peoples' opinion is clear. Now it's your turn! I'd appreciate reading, atleast OP."
    Answer:
    "I read that forum regularly. Ultimately, we want WoW PvP to be about skill and gear and not just skill. We can tweak numbers but we like the feature." ~Ghostcrawler

Am I the only one who thinks the bolded part is just the dumbest thing he has ever said regarding the PvP at it's current state. I would rather have a PvP system built around skill not gear...
    From what i can read it says WE not I, its wierd, its almost like its a hole team and not just one person picking the changes but wait that would mean, if you kick 1 person the same changes would probably be made since its a team making them and not just 1 person.

The point of WoW is that you can improve your character. If you're making PvP about pure skill, then it doesn't fit into the WoW model. You need to use skill to get gear and then use your combined skill + gear to get to the top.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    pvp overall has improved from cata.
    Are you playing a warrior or frost mage ?

I always have to laugh at the people who say "The Devs have no idea what they players want." "GC has no idea what players want, he has done nothing but ruin this game since he got here" etc. It's fine to not love everything about this game, I fucking HATE doing dailies to keep up and not feel like I'm holding my raid team back. I hate doing that initial honor grind with 0 pvp gear for the season. While I really dislike those 2 aspects of the game and I have solutions I think would be better, I take a step back and realize that I'm one of over 10 million people. I have no data, I have no access to the "Why I quit the game" notes, I have no access to the actual numbers, etc. I base my opinion off of what I, and only I, think would make the game better. The Devs and GC absolutely know how their players play this game and they understand how to keep people playing (even the ones who sit around saying they hate the game but "have nothing better to do" or "there's no better games"). They use more than just the few people who post on the forums about how the game sucks and it's dead, no one likes it anymore, pvp is unplayable, casuals ruin the game, hardcores ruin the game, and the list goes on. They don't just know what people SAY about the game, they know and understand how people PLAY the game.

Do I think they miss the mark on some things? Absolutely. Do I think they miss the mark on the majority of things? No, quite the opposite. What this whole post comes down to though is they understand how people play the game based on more than just what a small minority of us post on the forums. To think that they are clueless while still maintaining such a huge subscription base and keeping so many people playing for such long periods of time should tell you something. If you're unwilling to look at that and base everything off what you read on the CS forum (which is generally a way to hear complaints within a company, not somewhere to post praises so the company can jerk off to how amazing they are), then I'm not really sure there's much point in discussing things with you.

what ever they do or change the pvp community is NEVER happy. they just seem to be forever Emo.
    Blizzard needs to grow a spine and stop listening to pvp qq imho.

an mmo rpg is impossible to balance.
    how can you say it has improved: "oh you guys say there is to much self healing and instant cc? NP here is a bunch more", between the horrible response time to problems, mmr once again being trashed and despite there post few have actually been actually punished beyond a slap on the wrist, stampede bug is the best example of pvp in mop as it took what 5 months to fix as it was being reported on in the beta.

Deleted
    EDIT: Nvm, GC got it right about that one i quoted.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2012-11-25 at 04:54 PM.

what ever they do or change the pvp community is NEVER happy. they just seem to be forever Emo.
    Blizzard needs to grow a spine and stop listening to pvp qq imho.

an mmo rpg is impossible to balance.
    explain please

Gear isn't the reason people PvP.

People don't play Arena just to get their cap, just so they can get their gear, just so they feel better at the end of the day. That ISN'T the reason people are playing Arena.

People only play 'to get their cap', because there isn't any reason to keep playing above the cap while they aren't fully geared. Other people may be better geared and they could lose rating. Why queue on your main 3s team when you could lose a game against people who are a week infront of you and have pvp weapons, or t2 weapons, or conquest trinkets? People who want to play 3v3 Arena have to RBG for high conquest caps, then do 2s to fill those caps each week.

Now - lets 'imagine' most classes were balanced, gear wasn't an issue, ladders were updated frequently on the website and heck, maybe you even have your Realm rank on the PvP panel in-game. This means that people would be no longer playing 'to cap', people would be playing so they can top ladders, get higher ratings, unlock pvp achievements, be competitive against other people and ultimately compete for the titles at the end of the season.

That is the reason most people PvP. Tournament realm proves this. Everyone competes, people who are good, people who are bad, people who are paid to play. If there was a permanent tournament realm, I guarantee 80% of people who PvP if not more (not people who PvE and PvP), would stop playing their 'real' characters and just play on the TR. This is because people love fair competition.
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2012-11-25 at 10:42 PM.

i thought kalgan was still in charge of pvp. well anyway, fire kalgan and gc will do a better job.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't find the bolded part dumb at all. Gear is incentive. If all there was to PvPing (or PvEing) was the fighting itself, with no tangible sense of reward, incentive or progress, people would lose interest, period. If you doubt that, you're far more clueless than anyone working for Blizzard.

we want
    This is the problem. It should be what our customers want, at least until they get a clue.
    RETH

Question:
    "13 pages and counting. Peoples' opinion is clear. Now it's your turn! I'd appreciate reading, atleast OP."
    Answer:
    "I read that forum regularly. Ultimately, we want WoW PvP to be about skill and gear and not just skill. We can tweak numbers but we like the feature." ~Ghostcrawler

Am I the only one who thinks the bolded part is just the dumbest thing he has ever said regarding the PvP at it's current state. I would rather have a PvP system built around skill not gear...
    Uh, it's always been about skill and gear. If it wasn't about gear, then no matter what gear you had on, you would be on equal footing.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    @ OP

If everything was based on skill it would remove the aspect of actually playing the game to grind your character instead of having everything handed to you.

Until they introduce separate rule sets for PvE and PvP, there will never be "balance". Gear has never really been an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Until they introduce separate rule sets for PvE and PvP, there will never be "balance". Gear has never really been an issue.
    gear has always been an issue, just not in the way every takes the quote, pve gear has always been to strong or must have for pvp; again this isn't what the quote wasn't discussing.

Deleted
    Question:
    Answer:

WoW is an RPG, that pretty much explains everything you need to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn't be in charge of anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why Divine Storm was nerfed within 7 days and this WHOLE situation with warriors and hunters and warlocks getting out of hand for the past 2 months + Beta .
    Maybe they don't care enough .
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Shouldn't be in charge of anything.
    lol exactly by each word what was gonna write to this thread. Cheers.