Fresh install of WoW

Hey guys, basically ive not had to do this for a long long time. I assumed it would be like before install vanilla then the x-pacs but last night after installing cata, mop wont install and crashes at 41%. Deleted everything done the same process and then mop wants to download everything? (i know thats a glitch) I saw a few forum posts that say you can just install MoP and thats it without vanilla but that seems a bit weird lol.
    Whats the best way to install it these days so my GF can get off my system and onto hers!
    Does Warlock Stuffz

The best way is to download the installer. The filestructure has changed so much since Vanilla that it basically needs to download everything again if you install it from disc first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Downloading it from Battle.net is probably easiest, as said. However, you don't need any discs from before MoP if you want to install from discs. MoP's DVD contains everything up to the point where it was printed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bismark666 View Post
    Hey guys, basically ive not had to do this for a long long time. I assumed it would be like before install vanilla then the x-pacs but last night after installing cata, mop wont install and crashes at 41%. Deleted everything done the same process and then mop wants to download everything? (i know thats a glitch) I saw a few forum posts that say you can just install MoP and thats it without vanilla but that seems a bit weird lol.
    Whats the best way to install it these days so my GF can get off my system and onto hers!

You can just copy your WoW folder to her computer.

Or, you can just log into her (or yours) battle.net account and download the client.

Or, if you're concerned about bandwidth, since you have the Cata disk, you can install the game from that. When the Cata disk is finished, launch the game from the launcher, and let it update to it's current form.

Or, if you have the MoP disk, install the game from that (skipping the Cata disk alltogether), and when that is done, launch the game from the launcher and let it update.
    Last edited by ablib; 2012-11-24 at 08:08 PM.

I recently made a fresh new installation of WoW with the MoP dvd only

After the installation I needed to download some update with no problem

Or, just like some people mentioned, just copy the game from a system to another, that should do it, I have always done that

Made a copy on my external hard drive and I was launching the game from the external hard drive everywhere I want

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is only 1 client now, regardless of what Expansions may or may not be attached to the account. Following the advice above, simply download the installer from Battle.net and go from there. You may have to delete any data that's already on your system if it is corrupt.