Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Couple things:

1) They may be a big player in the enterprise market, but until they handle their consumer-end with the same tender, love, and care, they lose.
    2) You want to talk Enterprise? This is real Enterprise, and dominates the Revodrives. http://www.fusionio.com/
    Doesn't really matter, enterprise makes more money. Say their is 1-3 PC's in every home how many are in every office building,school, and or government office? A house hold PC might sit around for 10 years atleast 4, an officer recycles through equipment fairly often or they lose the edge. Hell poor city schools around here get new hardware every 2 years. Then you go into server farms and RND labs etc etc etc, average joe schmoe consumer means nothing, and I'd also bet on OCZ not going anywhere, nor does it work like company goes under you lose your warranty and everything. In this case all the patents and warranty etc would be handed off or sold to a different company by which they grandfather you in to buying their stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    or http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128545
    since ASrock z77 extreme4 isn´t as durable due to lower quality parts (mosfets to be exact)
    z77 Extreme 4 uses Dpak Mosfets, assuming your using Ivy bridge and not Sandybridge this should cause no concern what so ever. It should also cause no concern at all if going for a normalish overclock say 4.0-4.5Ghz on a Sandybridge chip. The p67 and z68's did not feature these same mosfets because they were made for a hungrier cpu in the i5/i7 2xxx series.

The price reduction is worth it if using a Ivy, which if your buying now shouldnt even be an option for sandybridge just get the newer tech. How ever you are incorrect @ saying they are less durable, they just donot react the same, still not many failures occurring. That being said ASRock is no longer the cheap brand ASUS they are a completely independent company and have stepped up production quality substantially, in the motherboard world they are a top player.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Doesn't really matter, enterprise makes more money. Say their is 1-3 PC's in every home how many are in every office building,school, and or government office? A house hold PC might sit around for 10 years atleast 4, an officer recycles through equipment fairly often or they lose the edge. Hell poor city schools around here get new hardware every 2 years. Then you go into server farms and RND labs etc etc etc, average joe schmoe consumer means nothing, and I'd also bet on OCZ not going anywhere, nor does it work like company goes under you lose your warranty and everything. In this case all the patents and warranty etc would be handed off or sold to a different company by which they grandfather you in to buying their stuff.

z77 Extreme 4 uses Dpak Mosfets, assuming your using Ivy bridge and not Sandybridge this should cause no concern what so ever. It should also cause no concern at all if going for a normalish overclock say 4.0-4.5Ghz on a Sandybridge chip. The p67 and z68's did not feature these same mosfets because they were made for a hungrier cpu in the i5/i7 2xxx series.

The price reduction is worth it if using a Ivy, which if your buying now shouldnt even be an option for sandybridge just get the newer tech. How ever you are incorrect @ saying they are less durable, they just donot react the same, still not many failures occurring. That being said ASRock is no longer the cheap brand ASUS they are a completely independent company and have stepped up production quality substantially, in the motherboard world they are a top player.
    Asrock z77 extreme4 is very unstable during extreme loads because the VRM tends to heat up. They haven't used a thermal pad between the heatsinks & vrm so Asrock failed there a lot.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    What office-buildings have you been in? The two colleges I have been two both have PCs that are still running AMD Athlon x64 CPUs. Yeah, not even Athlon 2's for shit's sake. I've been in plenty of workplaces as well that have the same scenario, perhaps even Pentium 4 and Pentium D CPUs being run.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    What office-buildings have you been in? The two colleges I have been two both have PCs that are still running AMD Athlon x64 CPUs. Yeah, not even Athlon 2's for shit's sake. I've been in plenty of workplaces as well that have the same scenario, perhaps even Pentium 4 and Pentium D CPUs being run.
    My old job, last year, upgraded our computers... TO core 2 duo chips. That should say something O_o
    We JUST got upgraded at this job, from old Single core AMD chips (CBA to even remember the model, but it was something LE of some sort) to sandy i3 units (running 2 1080p monitors without a gpu O_o )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    My old job, last year, upgraded our computers... TO core 2 duo chips. That should say something O_o
    We JUST got upgraded at this job, from old Single core AMD chips (CBA to even remember the model, but it was something LE of some sort) to sandy i3 units (running 2 1080p monitors without a gpu O_o )
    lol right?

REAL Enterprise, Milkshake, is stuff 99% of office buildings won't ever have or even have a need for. It's seriously a niche market unlike any niche market.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by abracadabro View Post
    And yes, your motherboard looks A LOT BETTER THAN MINE But performance wise its the same, maybe maybe 1fps + ?
    I wasn't talking about FPS performance, I was talking about the cooling.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    I wasn't talking about FPS performance, I was talking about the cooling.
    Not to mention the ASRock has like 3 times as many mosfets, at least. lol. Thus the CPU is getting healthier and more stable voltage.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    OP we need you here or there is gonna be quite the mobo showdown without knowing if there is any use for it. (either way im grabbing popcorn, not sharing this time )
    ASrock is a decent budget board nothing more nothing less imo. asus boards are for features need moar features (when you get the higher end models) and gigabyte strikes a nice middle ground between the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP we need you here or there is gonna be quite the mobo showdown without knowing if there is any use for it. (either way im grabbing popcorn, not sharing this time )
    ASrock is a decent budget board nothing more nothing less imo. asus boards are for features need moar features (when you get the higher end models) and gigabyte strikes a nice middle ground between the two.
    You want to talk features? Go look up the ASRock X79 Extreme11 and never talk so carelessly about ASRock again.

They all have features, and tons of them, when you shell out the real money.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    You want to talk features? Go look up the ASRock X79 Extreme11 and never talk so carelessly about ASRock again.

They all have features, and tons of them, when you shell out the real money.
    different chipset so not relevant for Z77? (price wise asus offers features at a lower pricepoint iirc, there are ofcourse exceptions for that)

10+ Year Old Account
    different chipset so not relevant for Z77? (price wise asus offers features at a lower pricepoint iirc, there are ofcourse exceptions for that)
    I've not seen this case at all. ASRock is literally across the board always cheaper for the same/if not more, features than Asus.

Take for instance my AMAZING (lolnot) Asus P8P67 motherboard. It only has one PCIe 2.0 lane that runs at at least 8x. The second can only handle running at 1x, and thus SLI would be a joke for me. There's only a couple other PCIe 1x (size-wise) slots and then a bunch of PCI lanes. For $170-180, this was a ripoff, no doubt about it.
    "A flower.

lol right?

REAL Enterprise, Milkshake, is stuff 99% of office buildings won't ever have or even have a need for. It's seriously a niche market unlike any niche market.
    Thats a horrid company tbh, this poor little office I do networking for had all i3's. The neighboring office has all i5-2400's. It does have a general location to market theme. Im sure the stock exchange and most of wallstreet are not sitting on 7 yr old hardware, nor would googles home office the insane amount of gaming and graphic developers. Crytek released specs on their PC's for building crysis 2, at the time it was Nvidia quaddro's w/ 2x 500gb HDD's in raid 0 and C2Q CPU's. Gotta remember an officer of 5-20 people is not like a towering skyscraper w/ 20,000-90,000 people per day working. Hell even janitors have PC's in their little offices now. I will admit some places are behind but are they a multimillion dollar franchise or a little mom and pop place or something in between? Enterprise literally focuses on the million dollar+ companies, or enterprises.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 01:44 PM ----------

I've not seen this case at all. ASRock is literally across the board always cheaper for the same/if not more, features than Asus.

Take for instance my AMAZING (lolnot) Asus P8P67 motherboard. It only has one PCIe 2.0 lane that runs at at least 8x. The second can only handle running at 1x, and thus SLI would be a joke for me. There's only a couple other PCIe 1x (size-wise) slots and then a bunch of PCI lanes. For $170-180, this was a ripoff, no doubt about it.

ASUS offers nothing ASRock does not @ a lower price, I know deltrus didnt forget that your paying for the name. If you want ASUS by all means buy it if you want Apple buy it. I won't tell you how to spend your money, but I won't let you blow smoke and mirrors up my ass to believe misinformation.

@Deltrus, just wait for some company to catch up and offer 560 ti or 660Ti 2wins!!!! Then your golden gravy on SLI lol.

Edit: Quick glance comparing the z77 Extreme 4($104.99) to the Asus p8z77-V LK ($139.99) and you'll see right off the bat near identical except the z77 accepts much higher RAM overclocks negligible but still something it has, and it has more sata in general but definitely 2 more sata 3's. Everything else is near identical. ASUS loses to ASRock, ASUS was the master they have been defeated by the pupil.
    Last edited by Milkshake86; 2012-11-27 at 02:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where did I say I actually like or prefer Asus? I bought my Asus motherboard when there was really nothing better to be had at the time for the price. It was before ASRock really started making a new name for themselves: Please read, my motherboard is running the P67 chipset, NOT Z77, on top of this, it was bought in March 2011 for $175. I was never happy.

Stop painting me as some stupid Asus fanboi.

I think you mean to be attacking shroudster, you should know from talking to me on several occasions over the past several months that I encourage people to buy ASRock, a lot. So back off.

On top of this, you know how I said 99% of companies don't upgrade their computers? Well CryTek and folks are some of that 1%. And again, I said the two colleges I've attended are still running AMD Athlon x64 computers and Pentium 4s. READ my post before replying, jeez.

I knew taking you off my ignore list here was a bad idea.
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2012-11-27 at 02:49 PM.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    the most funny bit is that i recommended a gigabyte board so how did we end up in a asus fanboy attack directed at deltrus instead of me?
    also never said the extreme4 from ASrock was bad, merely that in this specific case there is the option for a better overall board. (i just got my doubt about the extreme4 series for long term lasting in regards to the boards just above it in price class due to material usage, not because of specific brands.)

secondly where is the OP? eventually he is the guy that takes a pick, we can merely help him in finding a good part for his price and needs.

Where did I say I actually like or prefer Asus? I bought my Asus motherboard when there was really nothing better to be had at the time for the price. It was before ASRock really started making a new name for themselves: Please read, my motherboard is running the P67 chipset, NOT Z77, on top of this, it was bought in March 2011 for $175. I was never happy.

Stop painting me as some stupid Asus fanboi.

I think you mean to be attacking shroudster, you should know from talking to me on several occasions over the past several months that I encourage people to buy ASRock, a lot. So back off.

On top of this, you know how I said 99% of companies don't upgrade their computers? Well CryTek and folks are some of that 1%. And again, I said the two colleges I've attended are still running AMD Athlon x64 computers and Pentium 4s. READ my post before replying, jeez.

I knew taking you off my ignore list here was a bad idea.
    I was actually quoting and agreeing with you speaking to shroudster...keep in mind just because someone quotes you does not mean they are attacking or even going against what you said, I was infact cosigning your statement, and furthering it with more information.

if it was this statement
    I know deltrus didnt forget that your paying for the name. If you want ASUS by all means buy it if you want Apple buy it.
    you just took it wrong, I was saying I know you didnt forget, more of a reassurance to you than me saying "You didnt forget did you deltrus?" Pure statement saying you Did not forget your paying for the brand.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 03:11 PM ----------

the most funny bit is that i recommended a gigabyte board so how did we end up in a asus fanboy attack directed at deltrus instead of me?
    also never said the extreme4 from ASrock was bad, merely that in this specific case there is the option for a better overall board. (i just got my doubt about the extreme4 series for long term lasting in regards to the boards just above it in price class due to material usage, not because of specific brands.)

secondly where is the OP? eventually he is the guy that takes a pick, we can merely help him in finding a good part for his price and needs.
    ASRock does not use inferior anything, they made a single judgement call on a specific model and chipset, the board from PCB up is quite solid. ASUS and a few other top brands have had serious issues, that ASRock never had, infamous ASUS dual booting anyone?

Back @ Deltrus holy crap dude what colleges? Thats horrid...I mean literally vomit worthy. Athlons I could see in like community colleges but hell even the local community colleges are running core i3's around me. Again its really location dependant, in NY and CALI businesses are not as likely to have old tech holding them back, and we sure as hell get new pc's on a 2yr plan at near every college. Ofc my area is the original home of kodak and a couple other huges companies, most in the shitter. I personally know a top executive for xerox, she has a pretty good relationship with dell, and their support team. It was honestly the best person to know when I was headed out to college. It really does have location and relevance but again a single company can be as small as 1 person or some massive building full of people. I basically do this for a living installing maintaining and changing hardware for a couple businesses, when I can obviously I explain what is good what is better why they need it etc. Let us all also not forget every cash register and lcd screen attached to it is actually a PC of some sort. Wal-Mart does not use old tech, they may not switch out old stuff in current stores(often) but when a new store goes up its all "new~" I say ish because well you honestly don't need a brand new i5-3570k for any normal business computing. Still selling older products still makes money.
    Last edited by Milkshake86; 2012-11-27 at 03:20 PM.