View Poll Results: Is this fair and legal?

Voters
266. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

50 18.80%
  • No

216 81.20%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    It's fun. When I downlaod music, they should actually PAY ME.
    I suppose that argument would be valid if it were actually true that 4 out of 6 people who download buy after the fact.
    My Short Required Reading List: One. Two. || Last.fm

The other thing they can do and they don't mention this in big bold letters. It allows a person from you're ISP on they're own if they see overwhelming warnings sent to that account. They can give your name out to a company and then they can sue you for damages. I read a kid who pirated songs from the internet. He was loaded with hundred of thousands of dollars in fines.

In my viewpoint. Everything has to a Start. The cold war didn't start over night. It was slowly built up along the system then over time it consumed nearly everyone and destroyed land, life's etc. The point I'm trying to make it even though it's virtually just "decreasing the speed" it opens the gate ways for you to be sued. Forget about online privacy if you're downloading pirated stuff.

It also invokes an interesting question about the limits the people will allow them messing with our ISP. Sure some people may say it's a tad over blown with the thread title. Breaking your internet isn't that what it's doing if you can hardly connect online. I know comcast has been known to shut down services for a day if they even suspect a user is using spam on they're internet.

It's about the internet and what it means.

So basically from a technical viewpoint they look at the unencrypted packet transfer and flag p2p connections?

Sounds like a simple VPN will solve the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by hatsune View Post
    So basically from a technical viewpoint they look at the unencrypted packet transfer and flag p2p connections?

Sounds like a simple VPN will solve the issue.
    Yep.

IE worthless law number 477895425 aimed at stopped piracy but will do literally nothing.

I suppose it is legal and fair but I feel they should give cautions so that if you are caught a second time then they can proceed with "Breaking your Internet"

Recommend using programs such as Peerblock though when downloading torrents

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    to be fair, 500 kb/s is still more than fast enough to download games overnight or while at work like people used to, and to stream everything but 1080p
    Lolwut, streaming? you need a gig upload to stream decently