Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Since wow began there has been battlegrounds in development and faction based "pvp 1v1 and so on. i remember there been an Azshara BG planned in vanilla and on the drawing boards in beta but got pulled. the reason there is no way balancing in the pvp aspect is due to the fact that there is that many people complaining just like now about what they want and what the others shouldnt have. its rubbish!!! 10 games!! if you look at at least 90% of players in wow they have won 10 games in there game play time whats another 10. and im pretty sure this is one of the ways just to gain rep instead of the many others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    This just in, Legendaries take work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    That's fine, but why does forcing people to afk in battlegrounds constitute 'work' in this case?
    Computer game != Work. Ever. Ever, ever, ever, ever, ever.

This is a computer game, so if you don't like something you need to do to achieve something...

Quote Originally Posted by Qly View Post
    Don't play then
    There were a ton of shitty levels on Sonic the Hedgehog but did you hear scores of gamers complaining to Sega back in the day? ...and you had to start from level 1 if you died. Damn kids these days think they deserve everything handed to them... pmsl.

this wouldnt be so bad if less than 90% of the pvpers were bots.. as it is ill be laughing in binary trying to get this done.

Deleted
    Will be fun, pvp'ing with zero resilience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magister View Post
    Will be fun, pvp'ing with zero resilience.
    40% baseline resilience.
    Get a trinket and and the crafted PVP set and you will be fine. 10 wins is nothing, as others have said do AV/IOC as Alliance (70%+ WIN RATE), Horde doesnt seem to have a set BG so go as a group with 5 guild members to small BGS and own (TP and WG).

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

You act like people won't be running premades....... Half of the bgs don't even require pvp gear while it helps alot, a coordinated group will beat a group that's not I.e alliance lol

Less QQ more pew pew
    Last edited by nohands101; 2012-11-27 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Which battlegroup are you on? IoC is at best 1/4 in mine. Everyone goes docks and we capture it, half of the group that capped then rushes off to the gates before glaives spawn, the glaives themselves often don't make it to the walls (they really need a health boost badly) and after that it's just game over most of the time.
    Trying to stop the Horde at the walls is pointless because the cannons cannot hit the catapults if they hug the gates and the cannons are far too easily destroyed by any random ranged DPS.

On-topic:
    10 normal BG wins aren't something I mind doing. Spread it out over 10 days and you get 1000 Conquest Points as well.
    What you said on IOC happens to me, but only 1 in 4 times... I'm on shadowburn but don't we get matched up with all other realms/bgs anyways? IOC is good for ally at beginning of xpacs, and terrible at end when heroes solo kill glaives in 4 seconds with CDs popped. Av is always reliable for alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Requiring one to play in different areas of the game to gain a legendary item doesn't seem outrageous. Legendaries are not completely useless for PVP after all. And the OP needs to be corrected in one sense: the quest chain is no longer a 100% PVE quest chain.

If you don't want the legendary then don't bother with it.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-11-27 at 05:16 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

the only thing i dont like about it, is that i dont think ive done 10 winning bg's all together since pandaria was released.

This thread is hilarious.

I do want to point out though to those PvPers saying that they have had to PvP the entire time to get the trinkets you want that you are also the people complaining about op trinkets in PvP.

And second, this is NOT a PvP expansion. PvP is just the only way they have to get people out in the world. If this were a PvP expansion then they would have actually balanced PvP a bit more from the start, and would actually give to shits about it at all. PvP to Blizz has always been a second thought, and this expansion is no different.

If you are serious about PVE, you would have done pvp @ the xpac start anyway, to get conq gear, as 483s obviously are better then 463s, and depending on spec you'd have gotten the 2part pvp set to raid with.

And since you mentioned PVEing on your rogue, i am sorry to say but you have the easyest "task" of all melee in bgs, your dmg done is inrelevant in most cases. Sapping/otherwise CCing the orb/cart/flag carrier/protector is effectively the same as killing them in some cases. and preventing some1 from healing/fighting back against whatever other person there is doing dmg to them, is a valuable aid.

BG objective: bring something to a destination= annoy the hell out of whoever is trying to do so.
    BG objective: hold a base (flag)= find the lone defender and sap+ cstart capping, blind them+sokebomb if they should break sap before you cap.

If you dont even take gearing for PVE seriously, then you dont have to do the legendary quest, as you dont care about easyly obtainable gear upgrades.

I personaly would have prefered it to be more bgs, or a set amount of hks (from the point you accept the quest, so that everyone is on equal footing) 5000 hks would be about right.

Just like PVP ers dont have a reason to complain when they partially gear up from doing pve (weapons/trinket(s), quests/dungeons for enchants and the materials), PVE ers have a reason to complain when blizz asks them to take a peak in pvp. As that is all it requires right now.

This being said, I primaryly am a PVE er, doing some PVP for achieves and fun (in that order), but would prefer running molten core over spending the same amount of time in eots while disliking both.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    I have two characters, a pve rogue and a pvp hunter.

Needless to say pvping on a rogue is ridiculously stupid, while hunters are mostly bottom of the barrel on dps. So now to get my rogue's legendary questline continued I have to do pvp while wearing crap blue pvp gear and my pvp geared hunter who doesn't care about sha gems has nothing to benefit from the new faction.

Oh boy such good game design! At the very least they should've informed us of this before MoP

Poor poor you life must suck.

I have two characters, a pve rogue and a pvp hunter.

Needless to say pvping on a rogue is ridiculously stupid, while hunters are mostly bottom of the barrel on dps. So now to get my rogue's legendary questline continued I have to do pvp while wearing crap blue pvp gear and my pvp geared hunter who doesn't care about sha gems has nothing to benefit from the new faction.

Oh boy such good game design! At the very least they should've informed us of this before MoP
    As a rogue: Get better at rogue, we're great in bgs.

Deleted
    So you're crying because you don't know how to play? LOL L2P

Deleted
    requiring PvP to do a pve quest chain is beyond retarded.
    Alternate Translation: Playing WoW to complete a WoW quest chain is beyond retarded.

I don't get why so many people are jumping all over the OP for this. It is kind of silly for Blizzard to pull the bait and switch on people by hyping them up for a legendary weapon that doesn't require being the lucky "one" in your guild, and then they tell you that PvP is going to be required to complete it. I don't have a problem with PvP being in the game, I understand people enjoy it and that PvP makes any MMO more complex and fun. But I avoid it like the plague because I'm not good at it, people don't like to team up and communicate, and stuns / CCs annoy the hell out of me. Now Blizzard is asking someone like me, who hasn't even stepped inside a battleground in about three years, to go do something I can't stand so I can make my character better in PvE. This isn't like demanding that I run LFR every week or do 50+ dailies a week to keep up. They're asking me to subject myself to a part of the game that I can't stand, and that has nothing to do with the part of the game that I do enjoy, just so I can get the best upgrade (I assume) in the game.

Now, I do think that it's a little overexaggerated. Ten Battlegrounds isn't really that many, and I assume we have a few months to finish it. I just don't see the reason why you need to attack the OP for his complaint about doing Battlegrounds to upgrade his PvE character.

Alternate Translation: Playing WoW to complete a WoW quest chain is beyond retarded.
    Asking someone to do PvP in WoW is like asking a poker player to play ten hands of Blackjack before he can play his next Poker hand. Both are good, fun games that use the same system, but they have nothing to do with each other.

Getting tier 2 pvp weapons should require 25 sigils of power and 25 sigils of wisdom and 450 tokens of good fortune.
    It would be comparable if you said "Getting Legendary PVP weapons should require you to complete all current LFR content."

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 06:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    That's fine, but why does forcing people to afk in battlegrounds constitute 'work' in this case?

PvE and PvP need to be as segregated as possible.
    If you just AFK in your BGs you're much less likely to win them, meaning you'll have to do MORE to win those 10.

It's 10 wins. A fucking chimp could manage.

It gives variety. The kind of variety that comes with me and every other pve'er afking in your battlegrounds until a win happens.

I have a feeling that the PvP guys will make a much bigger fuzz about this than the PvE players...

hordes of clueless players in Pve gear flooding your battlegrounds

Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    I don't get why so many people are jumping all over the OP for this. It is kind of silly for Blizzard to pull the bait and switch on people by hyping them up for a legendary weapon that doesn't require being the lucky "one" in your guild, and then they tell you that PvP is going to be required to complete it. I don't have a problem with PvP being in the game, I understand people enjoy it and that PvP makes any MMO more complex and fun. But I avoid it like the plague because I'm not good at it, people don't like to team up and communicate, and stuns / CCs annoy the hell out of me. Now Blizzard is asking someone like me, who hasn't even stepped inside a battleground in about three years, to go do something I can't stand so I can make my character better in PvE. This isn't like demanding that I run LFR every week or do 50+ dailies a week to keep up. They're asking me to subject myself to a part of the game that I can't stand, and that has nothing to do with the part of the game that I do enjoy, just so I can get the best upgrade (I assume) in the game.

Now, I do think that it's a little overexaggerated. Ten Battlegrounds isn't really that many, and I assume we have a few months to finish it. I just don't see the reason why you need to attack the OP for his complaint about doing Battlegrounds to upgrade his PvE character..
    If you haven't done PVP in 3 years, then you have ZERO clue of the current state of PVP. It's different, and why should you feel entitled to get something without it? You get the whole lot of content you wanted. Want to get a "bonus"? Go do a few BGs. It's like watching 12 year olds told they have to do some chores to get dessert, and complaining that they only like playing computer games, why can't they have a dessert for that?